Sonic Boom (The Game)

SonicMario

Star Spirit
(The current title is a placeholder, when an official source provides the title of the game. I will change the topic's title)

At a toy fair in Nuremburg, this poster was shown:

sonicboom-film.jpg

So a new Sonic game that will be on all 3 of the current new consoles will be released sometime in 2015. I'm kinda curious what it will be. It will probably be still a little while until we know what it is however. (The earliest probably being E3)

We still have yet to know what the last of the three Nintendo exclusive Sonic games there are. That is unless of course this game is that and somehow it's both been delayed and made no longer Nintendo exclusive. But I don't think that's the case just yet.

This is the discussion thread for the 3rd Nintendo exclusive Sonic game. I assume we probably won't know too much about it until E3. But from what we have so far, I'm sure it will be a big surprise. (Whether it's a good or a bad surprise though will of course depend on what it is and who you ask as usual with the Sonic fanbase.)

EDIT: Looks like it's going to be a game that will tie-in with the new TV show (Credit to Gutseh for linking it)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U0a7-1wdDuw[/youtube]

Re: Untitled Sonic Game coming out in 2015

I forgot for a second that this exclusivity deal only pertains to three games.

No, Smash isn't a Sonic game.

Ganondorf said:
Smash doesn't count as one of the three games, does it?

While I personally believe it was part of the deal as a hidden clause. I think it was confirmed somewhere that Smash Bros. does not count as the 3rd Nintendo Exclusive Sonic game. I just don't know where though.

So, the new show will last for only 3 seasons?

i hope this will be better than sonic lost world

Baby Luigi said:
So, the new show will last for only 3 seasons?
don't assume 52 won't be all in one season
these are only 11 minutes long

Niime said:
So you're a Lost World hater?

Shadow said:
Niime said:
So you're a Lost World hater?
theres an alternate response?

jk, I've never played lost world, but it does seem to have a lot of critics

Honestly I actually kinda liked Sonic Lost World. It was far from perfect, but I never got too upset over what people seem to dislike the game for.

Sonic '15, the sequel to Sonic '06.

Make it happen, Sega.

Clair said:

Make it happen, Sega.
I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

GalacticPetey said:
Clair said:

Make it happen, Sega.
I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.
I know its a star wars reference, but for some reason I can't help think of farscape with that line

Clair said:

Make it happen, Sega.

Maybe if it was Sonic '14 and they planned to finish it by the end of the year just to make it to an anniversary xP

2015 is still a pretty decent length for development cycle. As long as it's Q3/Q4 2015 though.

For me, it's Sonic Adventure 3 or bust. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: This "only Sonic should be playable" crap they've had going on for the past six (going on seven) years has gotten old.

Knuckles the Echidna said:
For me, it's Sonic Adventure 3 or bust. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: This "only Sonic should be playable" crap they've had going on for the past six (going on seven) years has gotten old.

It'd be cool if it was Sonic Adventure 3. The whole Sonic only seems to have come from criticisms of Sonic 06 for having too many gameplay styles that were jammed together. We do need a 3D Sonic where the characters still play the same as Sonic in terms of general level gameplay. But have their own differences enough so they have their own paths/shortcuts. As much as I like the adventure games, it always seems to be a shame Sega always wants to make other characters an entirely different gameplay from Sonic.

Northern Verve said:
The whole Sonic only seems to have come from criticisms of Sonic 06 for having too many gameplay styles that were jammed together.
Yeah, but sadly, these kind of complaints have been happening even before Sonic 2006 came along.

I'm fine with more than Sonic, but please keep it to the necessary characters. Sonic, Tails, Shadow, maybe Amy, I guess Blaze would be fine, and that's good for me.

It's probably an "including, but not limited to" list.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but wouldn't SEGA be staying away from multiple-styled, heavily-plot-driven games because they didn't really work out all that well for them in the past?

I don't think it's difficult to incorporate other playable characters into the arsenal.

You forgot Knuckles.
I don't think Knuckles is necessary anymore. He's supposed to be Sonic's rival, but Sonic has a newer, better rival in Shadow. I think Knuckles just shows up because he has to.

Back