Sonic Boom (The Game)

saying sticks is a rip-off of marine is like saying luigi is a rip-off of mario

Smugleaf said:
The Adventure games and 06 are complete shit, and everything else is decent to mediocre.

I don't think the Adventure Games should ever be considered as bad as Sonic 06 personally. But then again it's the Adventure games that got me into the franchise and Sonic Adventure 2/Battle is still my favorite Sonic game in the franchise.

Even so, I admit they're not perfect, but they're absolutely not complete trainwrecks like Sonic 06 was.

Иeptune said:
That's an entirely different matter. Mario and Luigi are siblings, so of course they'd look alike. Design-wise, Sticks is such a clear, blatant rip-off of Marine that it might as well had been her. Sure, it can be argued that she's supposed to be an "alternate universe" equivalent of Marine, but I highly doubt that's something that's going to be elaborated on in the story.

Sigma said:
Sure, it can be argued that she's supposed to be an "alternate universe" equivalent of Marine, but I highly doubt that's something that's going to be elaborated on in the story.

So what?

As long as it's not explicitly disproven, I would be completely content with that explanation and move on.

Again, it is an alternate continuity. Sticking strictly to elements of the old continuity defeats the entire purpose of a new continuity, so getting mad at them for that... I don't see the need. Just let them do whatever they want to do with this thing, and if it's shit, they're going to discontinue it anyway.

Seadramon said:
Again, it is an alternate continuity. Sticking strictly to elements of the old continuity defeats the entire purpose of a new continuity, so getting mad at them for that... I don't see the need. Just let them do whatever they want to do with this thing, and if it's shit, they're going to discontinue it anyway.
I'm not angry about it. In the post you quoted, I was basically saying that Sticks' design was clearly based off of Marine's, and that I didn't see how Neptune or anyone else could possibly say that there's no resemblance. Sticks basically looks like Marine in a redesigned form, much like the "buff" form of Knuckles.

Cool. She looks nice, nothing wrong with her design

If she was blue and grey would you be happy. Because then I wouldn't be able to see the resemblance. Why bring back a character nobody even cares about, just make a new one and see how that plays out. It is a separate series after all.

Иeptune said:

Mio Akiyama said:
Cool. She looks nice, nothing wrong with her design

If she was blue and grey would you be happy. Because then I wouldn't be able to see the resemblance. Why bring back a character nobody even cares about, just make a new one and see how that plays out. It is a separate series after all.

Thank you.

I don't know why everyone is bashing the game even more just because there is a new character that has a similar color palette to Marine.

And I honestly think the voice will be awesome to see with the animation and gestures Sticks give. It already sounds like she'll be a character with a very goofy and cooty attitude to her, and I'm sure that there'll be plenty of comical stuff with her.

But the game is not even out, let alone of having two trailers on the game so far, and fans are already lashing out over the fact they are doing something "new". Yes, it took awhile to get used to the new designs, but we don't even know what the game will be like! Obviously the stuff that they have been giving out for the past decade hasn't really pleased the Sonic fans either, so a little change (though temporary) from it might be what the series needs. Of course, I could be ranting about this for no sense and the game becomes utter crap, but that besides the point...

Armin Arlert said:
Obviously the stuff that they have been giving out for the past decade hasn't really pleased the Sonic fans either, so a little change (though temporary) from it might be what the series needs. Of course, I could be ranting about this for no sense and the game becomes utter crap, but that besides the point...

Trust me as someone who's been a Sonic fan for over a decade by now. There's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING Sega can do that will satisfy the majority of the Sonic fandom by now. It's so split off by sects that it does not seem unified what so ever. And there's no telling of what the majority wants because no matter what happens SOMEBODY is going to have a reason to complain. If they made a Sonic Adventure 3 it would piss off the fans that disliked the adventure games. If they made a Sonic the Hedgehog 5 with correct physics and the ability to not just choose Sonic like in Sonic 2 and 3 there would be modern Sonic fans that would not care about the classic games complaining.

I may consider myself a Sonic fan, but I know there will pretty much never be a point where most Sonic fans are satisfied with every new announcement.

Honestly, the only thing that could potentially break the base into even tinier shreds is Sega canning the franchise.

Man, the 3DS version looks boring...again. Sega really isn't even trying with their handheld ports.

The console version is looking good so far, though. Might give it a try.

For the most part, I almost always prefer the handheld versions over the console versions, but this time around, I'm not too sure.

SolarBlaze said:
For the most part, I almost always prefer the handheld versions over the console versions, but this time around, I'm not too sure.
The handheld MSOWG was better, in my opinion, so I'd have to agree with you to some degree.

The game's actually looking pretty good.

What would you expect from a developer from Naughty Dog?

Doesn't look like Sonic Boom will get completely positive reaction

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/22/vgs-says-sonic-boom-is-the-worst-sonic-game-theyve-ever-played/

Mariofan169 said:
I think he may be jumping to conclusions if he judged the full game from the demo.

Yeah I mean if you judge Aliens: Colonial Marines from the first demo they showed at some convention (e3?) (google it), and compare it to the final result, the final result was actually EVEN WORSE.

FЯЕ4КШ0ЯГD said:
Mariofan169 said:
I think he may be jumping to conclusions if he judged the full game from the demo.

Yeah I mean if you judge Aliens: Colonial Marines from the first demo they showed at some convention (e3?) (google it), and compare it to the final result, the final result was actually EVEN WORSE.

on the other hand demos are mostly worse than their full release versions.

While I'm not happy with the new character designs, I do admire the game for being more serious than the cartoon.

Back