Sonic Boom (The Game)

This game looks like **** and that's all I can say about it.

So, apparently, Shadow and Metal Sonic are confirmed to be in the game in some form? To be honest, I haven't been paying attention to the game in the past two months, but apparently, it's not looking too good.

lol love how Knuckles looks like he's got some six pack or something.

metalsonicshadowboom.png

They look better then the entire main cast sans maybe Tails xP

Mainly because they're the closest to the main designs. But nonetheless yeah

Northern Verve said:
metalsonicshadowboom.png

sonicmario saying that shadow is better?!

*gasp*

The Sonic Boom stand at the Nintendo booth was completely empty btw, while there was a 3 hour queue for SSB.

Dorumon said:
Northern Verve said:
metalsonicshadowboom.png

sonicmario saying that shadow is better?!

*gasp*

To be fair, Shadow didn't overdose himself on muscle enhancing steroids like Knuckles or elongation like Sonic

http://www.tssznews.com/2014/08/15/we-played-sonic-boom-smash-bros-and-many-more-at-nintendo-open-day/

Once there, I asked to a Nintendo rep why Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric was not present when it was advertised to be, and the response was pretty surprising. The reason I could not try Wii U’s new Sonic game was that the demo SEGA gave them was so broken, that it crashed almost every minute. And not usual crashes, but ones that freeze the consoles so bad, that the only option to unfreeze it was to pull the plug of the Wii U who was running it.

LOL

So, they are going back to the old ''Eggman is upstaged by whatever walks up on stage'' thing again huh?

Just great, just when he was doing so well the last few Sonic games.

Mcmadness said:
So, they are going back to the old ''Eggman is upstaged by whatever walks up on stage'' thing again huh?

Hey, he'll be like the recurring antagonist in the Show I think xP

That said there was at least one time where Eggman not being the end all and be-all final boss of the game was done well with Sonic Adventure 2. Because it comes out as a surprise, and Eggman actually almost wins (Even when you beat him with Tails in the Hero story, you see him grab the final Chaos Emerald meaning either way he gets the final Chaos Emerald into the Eclipse Cannon). Eggman just didn't know his grandfather had set it not to be a laser that can threaten the entire world when all 7 Emeralds were complete, but rather make the Ark fall down into the Earth's Atmosphere that if it hits will destroy the entire world and everyone that's on the ark. But to be fair most of the Modern Sonic games do kinda go crazy with the "Eggman's not the true threat" alot.

But I don't really care too much, since Sonic Boom is it's own continuity anyway.

Also the Demo thing that Glowsquid brought up actually made me somewhat more worried about the game. If Sega didn't bother to get a working demo for the game. What does that mean for the actual game?

Glowsquid said:
http://www.tssznews.com/2014/08/15/we-played-sonic-boom-smash-bros-and-many-more-at-nintendo-open-day/

Once there, I asked to a Nintendo rep why Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric was not present when it was advertised to be, and the response was pretty surprising. The reason I could not try Wii U’s new Sonic game was that the demo SEGA gave them was so broken, that it crashed almost every minute. And not usual crashes, but ones that freeze the consoles so bad, that the only option to unfreeze it was to pull the plug of the Wii U who was running it.

LOL
This Lyric guy must have a really evil plan if it causes the Wii U to crash.

Northern Verve said:
Mcmadness said:

Hey, he'll be like the recurring antagonist in the Show I think xP

That said there was at least one time where Eggman not being the end all and be-all final boss of the game was done well with Sonic Adventure 2. Because it comes out as a surprise, and Eggman actually almost wins (Even when you beat him with Tails in the Hero story, you see him grab the final Chaos Emerald meaning either way he gets the final Chaos Emerald into the Eclipse Cannon). Eggman just didn't know his grandfather had set it not to be a laser that can threaten the entire world when all 7 Emeralds were complete, but rather make the Ark fall down into the Earth's Atmosphere that if it hits will destroy the entire world and everyone that's on the ark. But to be fair most of the Modern Sonic games do kinda go crazy with the "Eggman's not the true threat" alot.

But I don't really care too much, since Sonic Boom is it's own continuity anyway.

Also the Demo thing that Glowsquid brought up actually made me somewhat more worried about the game. If Sega didn't bother to get a working demo for the game. What does that mean for the actual game?

I get that, but even still, having new villains is fine but I really don't see why they need to make the established villain look bad to make the new guy look good.

Hell, the character description for Eggman flat out says Lyric is an all around better villain than he is.

Glowsquid said:

LOL

Uh-oooooh

Any chances of me getting this game have been blown off the face of the Earth into an alternate dimension filled with millions of clones of the Great Mighty Poo since E3, but I applaud them for not f**king up Shadow and Metal Sonic.

And the crashing's not a good sign. Thank god it's not getting released on PC. Steam has enough QA issues as it is.

Street date's broken; game's incredible.

Yeah... um... I think it goes without saying that I'm going to be skipping on this game :V

At best I've heard it's a pretty mediocre platformer that doesn't really stand out. And things like the glitchy mess that Glowsquid posted don't make it any better. (Unfitting music for "an attack by Lyric's ship" cutscene too, what the hell :S)

I think you guys are completely missing the brilliance and beauty of this airship scene. This attack is supposed to be scary. Very scary. So scary in fact, it completely scared off the sound management, meaning there was no one left to make the music change. This is like uncharted territory of video game emotion: A scene so powerful it transcends the boundaries of the conventional player-game dual relationship and becomes scary on a meta level.

This revolutionary game deserves our praise!

At least the 3DS game isn't complete shit (going by the demo), but it's not spectacular, either.

Back