So what's with Rosalina recently?

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
I think Big Rigs Over the Road Racing is hardcore. Does this make me a grown-up, mommy? :(

There isn't any definition of "hardcore"... it's just a label that anybody can adjust how she sees fit.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hard-core

So...how can a game be involved in an intense, loyal following? Are they sentient?

You're thinking of graphics and mature content, not if the game is following anything.

A 'hardcore' game to my understanding is any game that is complex in terms of controls, difficult to beat and takes a long period of time to complete. Whilst 'casual' games include any game that is easy to pick up and play without having to learn anything. Personally I love nintendo games and it doesn't bother me if they are 'hardcore' or not.

ernesth100 said:
They need an M-Rated Mario game.

No they don't

this is the second time this topic hideously derailed

Rosalina in my view is a great character, fits in with the known mario-universe and is new at the same time. I don't feel she is forced upon us any more then Waluigi was for example and at least she has been useful in 2 games.

wait wait wait where did you get that connection :eek:
Luma's aren't power stars and AFAIK Mario Galaxy has no power stars in it

No, Rosalina said stars are the essence of everything, not Lumas per se

Luma's are creatures which look like stars, not stars
although some certain types (the variance of which suggesting "Luma" could be a genus name rather than a racial or species name) can transform into warp stars, not power stars

Luma's turn into all types of stars. Green stars, red stars, warp stars, what sense would it make if they turned into everything but power stars.

ernesth100 said:
Luma's turn into all types of stars. Green stars, red stars, warp stars, what sense would it make if they turned into everything but power stars.

I think it was mentioned in Galaxy that Lumas turn into Power Stars.

ernesth100 said:
Good for you! Alright lets use the term M-Rated. They need an M-Rated Mario game.

Please tell me you're joking.

We need an M-Rated Mario game less than we need a game about Waluigi. Games can have a good enough story with a rating below T. Just look at Super Paper Mario - it's E-Rated, and still tells a compelling narrative.

Giga12 said:
We need an M-Rated Mario game less than we need a game about Waluigi. Games can have a good enough story with a rating below T. Just look at Super Paper Mario - it's E-Rated, and still tells a compelling narrative.

its good for a mario storyline, but when compared to other great storylines.

No.

Giga12 said:
How about Xenogears then? Good enough plot, T-Rated.

nonon i mean spm's plot when compared with other games that have deep storytelling.

spm literally has the best plot of any mario game, but even with that it falls so short of other games.

although yes xenogears has a fantastic plot(but that game is just great in general).

portal, mirrors edge, half life, dino d day, ecco the dolphin, jp trespasser, jp the game, all have amazing and complex plots without being m rated, and this is just listing some of my favorites

Back