So what's with Rosalina recently?

It's red Kool-aid. Moving on...

TempestBlade said:
Rosalina hasn't always appeared along with Daisy in spin-offs.
In fact, she's not third princess.

But Wario is third and Waluigi is fourth character in Plumber, except they're an antagonist.
Uh, it's nice to see outstanding characters become regular, but when did we say we need more plumbers or princesses? :???:

Regardless of Pauline, Gene and Warioware crew, Marioverse is composed of multiple species. While I do want to see more female characters, I'm happier to see non-human ladies introduced, such as Honey Queen, Princess Sprixie and RPG girls.
In other words, Rosalina is fabulous, but not a character that Mario series seem to lack of.

TempestBlade said:
Rosalina hasn't always appeared along with Daisy in spin-offs.
In fact, she's not third princess.

I guess the one mystery that should be asked is if Rosalina's father and mother truly are a king and queen. That might better explain her crown.

I think her parents were, but even still she rules a different kingdom than they did (if they did) so that doesn't really matter much

Champion Christmas said:
Yoshi is ranked #27 on the tier list and is the lowest character in mid tier.

I see. But personally, I don't listen to tier list. Any character can be good if you use them right. Just use whatever character works for you.

If you're playing against 3 other COMs, they dun matter

inb4derailment

MarioLuigi25 said:
Champion Christmas said:

I see. But personally, I don't listen to tier list. Any character can be good if you use them right. Just use whatever character works for you.

Man, I keep hearing that argument against tier lists.

I think I'm a good Mario player, but I will mostly lose out to Marth because Mario is a short range attacker while Marth is a strong, long range attacker.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
MarioLuigi25 said:
Champion Christmas said:

I think I'm a good Mario player, but I will mostly lose out to Marth because Mario is a short range attacker while Marth is a strong, long range attacker.

That's the same problem with me as a Luigi player. I dread having to fight a Marth player on Basic Brawl.

PlayStation 4 said:
Use cape and grab attacks, it helps

Stale move negation.

Mario doesn't have any good finishers either.

I just looked up Melee Mario on SmashWiki.

180px-Mario%27s_Recovery_Options.gif
Here's a gif of him recovering awesomely.

Anyways, it states his only reliable finishers are his forward smash and his back throw, although his grab range is terrible, meaning you'll probably be using the f-smash. The up-smash works on smaller stages if the opponent's damage is over 100%.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
MarioLuigi25 said:
Champion Christmas said:

I see. Well, that's what I've always believed in. Hopefully, Nintendo will balance out the characters more. Although I doubt much will change. Oh well.

This is pretty much what happened to everyone during the transfer from Melee to Brawl. Melee tiers are S, A, B, F and Brawl tiers are SS, S, A+, A-, B, C+, C, C-, D, E, F:

Drastically Buffed:

Mr. Game and Watch (B to C)
Kirby (F to D)
Ness (F to D)

Drastically Nerfed:

Fox (S to C)
Sheik (S to D)
Jigglypuff (S to F)
Peach (S to C-)
Captain Falcon (S to F)
Samus (A to F)
Ganondorf (A to F)
Luigi (A to E)
Mario (A to F)
Link (B to F)
Zelda (B to F)

Stayed about the same:

Falco (S to A-)
Ice Climbers (S to S)
Pikachu (A to B)
Donkey Kong (B to D)
Yoshi (B to D)
Bowser (F to F)

11/21 were heavily nerfed. Only 3 were heavily buffed.

MarioLuigi25 said:
I'm guessing you're a Marth player.
I use him in Melee quite a bit. On the rare occasions I play Brawl, I main him. In Project M, he's one of several characters I like to play as.

Giga12 said:
I just looked up Melee Mario on SmashWiki.

180px-Mario%27s_Recovery_Options.gif
Here's a gif of him recovering awesomely.

Anyways, it states his only reliable finishers are his forward smash and his back throw, although his grab range is terrible, meaning you'll probably be using the f-smash. The up-smash works on smaller stages if the opponent's damage is over 100%.
Awesome, I admit. I can probably pull this off too if I practice a few times. I play Giant Melee generally, though, and that's a whole different territory.

I meant good aerial finishers, d'oh I missed on my part.

Just because some characters experience a tier drop doesn't necessarily mean they're nerfed. Zelda and Bowser were generally buffed, but they're ill suited toward the super defensive play on Brawl's system.

Samus (A to F)
Ganondorf (A to F)
Luigi (A to E)
Mario (A to F)
Link (B to F)

^All these characters aren't even high tier in Melee, so their receiving a drastic nerf just shows that the people behind Brawl don't know how to balance.

In Melee and Brawl, only Sakurai balanced the characters. In SSB4, he'll be getting more people to help him sort balance.

This is what I'm most worried about in SSB4: Mario and Link getting ANOTHER nerf.

I wish Mario didn't get angry eyes either.

I hate angry Mario as well. At least he'll open his mouth underneath his mustache in SSB4.

Back