Hyrule Warriors

GalacticPetey said:
Oh snap.

zYpFjP5.jpg
Majora confirmed

So Link actually speaks (text boxes) in this game and it feels really unnatural after all the screaming.

ytV5URl.jpg

LzYVLhJ.jpg

The people playing mentioned at least half the roster was female, if that counts for anything.

9 characters? That seems a bit low for a Warriors game. I hope it's not the final number.

While not all the characters were unlocked in the screens and they mentioned all the characters were unique, it was still a demo they were playing so I wouldn't set it in stone just yet.

Let's assume we have nine characters for a sec.

Link
Zelda
Impa
Midna
Sheik
Ganondorf
Skull Kid
Ghirahim
Tingle?

We'll probably have more than that.

^Cia is probably a guaranteed playable character in this. As well as Wizro and Valga.

GalacticPetey said:
Let's assume we have nine characters for a sec.

Link
Zelda
Impa
Midna
Sheik
Ganondorf
Skull Kid
Ghirahim
Tingle?

We'll probably have more than that.
and this character possibly;
Mio Akiyama said:
ibdQU4nVUBNoA5.png
Here is the boxart.

There's a character with blue hair on it that might be an original character. or some sort of recreation of Nayru, but the only connection I'm seeing there is that they both have blue hair.

I'm pretty sure that blue-haired female is uncorrupted Cia

Baby Luigi said:
9 characters? That seems a bit low for a Warriors game. I hope it's not the final number.

trust me, it isnt.

they'll add plenty of characters at the start or later on, regardless, expect a good chunk.

Mio Akiyama said:
Maᴙio said:
Dr. Javelin said:
GalacticPetey said:
The Great Fairy upgrades Midna's hookshot and she pulls the moon down with it to crush the dragon Argorok

Yes, you read that right.
I like how this game basically just takes everything to the EXTREME
It's Koei.
is that supposed to tell me something.
Koei is associated with over-the-top action.

Anyway, I'd like more than 9 playable fighters. It is pretty low for a Warriors game.

The problem with adding more characters is that the Zelda series has never been one for creating tons and tons of characters to interact with.

Sure, there are a bunch of random NPCs (Talon, Malon, etc.) that could be made into playable characters, but that would just be silly. You could also try making some of the Sages playable, which wouldn't be nearly as bad, but even then you'd only end up with maybe twelve, thirteen characters.

Which is big enough for me. More isn't necessarily better.

Viridi said:
The problem with adding more characters is that the Zelda series has never been one for creating tons and tons of characters to interact with.

Sure, there are a bunch of random NPCs (Talon, Malon, etc.) that could be made into playable characters, but that would just be silly. You could also try making some of the Sages playable, which wouldn't be nearly as bad, but even then you'd only end up with maybe twelve, thirteen characters.

Which is big enough for me. More isn't necessarily better.

thing is they'll find a way of doing it, i mean sure their previous games had tons of characters based on history and legends, but zelda series has a few interesting characters about that can be made into separate characters such as midna imp and true form midna.

Let's just say it might surprise you in the end.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Skull Kid was a playable character. I mean, the Moon is in the game, and so far we only have one male character confirmed to be playable, which is Link.

7A6dCsE.jpg

Personally, I'd rather keep character selection minimal but unique (which is what they seem to be going for here) rather than vast and repetitive. Playing as people other than Link is cool and all, but I'd rather them not be carbon copies of other characters.

Icemario said:
7A6dCsE.jpg

Personally, I'd rather keep character selection minimal but unique (which is what they seem to be going for here) rather than vast and repetitive. Playing as people other than Link is cool and all, but I'd rather them not be carbon copies of other characters.
Ah, good. Nine characters seems like a good amount to me.

I think nine is a good number of characters as well. They could always do DLC if there is popular demand and with how popular the warriors series is in Japan, that wouldn't be out of the question.

I still feel nine is WAY TOO small for a typical Dynasty Warriors cast.

Back