Hyrule Warriors

This isn't a typical dynasty warriors game.

It looks like one. Even most of the spin-offs have lots and lots of characters to play as. Hell the main draw of the Dynasty Warriors games is the vast number of characters to play as.

...though I think there were a few Warriors games with a relatively small roster

The items, the boss enemies actually being giant beasts and needing specific items to beat them (like in Zelda) and the whole Zelda theme being very present in more than just appearance and characters.

It isn't typical because it's like 5/8 dynasty warriors, 3/8 Zelda. Unless dynasty warriors has used similar ideas from Zelda like this while I haven't played it, then i can't call it typical.

You're still mostly beating large hordes of enemies and using special powers to take them down easier. That screams Warriors to me.

Yes, I can see that. I still don't consider it a typical warriors game and in turn the cast itself is far more atypical in that respect.

I just need my playable Ganondorf. Sense there are several fight styles you can choose for each character, how cool would it be for one of Ganondorf's movesets was based off of his Smash abilities. Punch the shit out of enemies for days.

I wonder how he'd factor in to story. Obviously he wouldn't ally himself with Link in the others, and I doubt Cia is controlling him. I really hope they don't pull the "Ganondorf was behind it all along" trope. Maybe he's not in the story and is just playable in other modes.

GalacticPetey said:
I just need my playable Ganondorf. Sense there are several fight styles you can choose for each character, how cool would it be for one of Ganondorf's movesets was based off of his Smash abilities. Punch the shit out of enemies for days.

I wonder how he'd factor in to story. Obviously he wouldn't ally himself with Link in the others, and I doubt Cia is controlling him. I really hope they don't pull the "Ganondorf was behind it all along" trope. Maybe he's not in the story and is just playable in other modes.

well in warriors games there is usually something called "dream mode" where you can play as any character and each character can have like their own story, a short story, but nontheless.

There is also free-mode where you can play the story over again but use whatever character.

That's how I think Ganondorf will appear. Maybe as a secret character after beating the story. Then you could use him in free mode.

GalacticPetey said:
I have a better idea: Make Ganondorf's Smash moveset based off his Warriors moveset.

Which means he'd enter smash and finally get to use that awesome sword from his taunt.
GalacticPetey said:
Honestly I wouldn't really mind too much if Ganondorf was behind it all along, but what I'd like even more would be if there are two evil armies or something and Ganondorf is only controlling one of them, but then he gets betrayed or something and so he decides to team up with Link just to take down their common enemy. That would be cool.

So...did anyone hear about the stuff they are giving away when you pre-order Hyrule Warriors?

- Game comes in a Zelda-style Treasure Chest.
- Includes some outfit stuff, most notably Link's Scarf.
- A Triforce clock.

Well, all for $147...after you convert the currency change, since the pre-order is only availabe in Japan...for now.

Didn't the MK8 bundle cost a lot and only came with a lame blue shell figurine.

This seems like it's way more worth the money than a simple figurine. Cool chest, cool clock and a fucking scarf.

especially considering things are a little bit more expensive in japan. that said, it still is kinda overpriced.

link's scarf tho. it's actually really nice

Back