Hyrule Warriors

Ganondorf is totally going to be playable. Wasn't he at the end of one of the trailers?

I feel like this game isn't going to be well-received critically, but I'm probably going to get it anyway. I think I'm going to get a Wii U soon. At least before the MK8 promotion ends.

New Super Mario said:
Armin Arlert said:
New Super Mario said:
That's definitely not worth 147 dollars. And the only thing I would use is the clock anyway.

Trust me, that's quite the bargain with all that stuff. Too bad it'll probably be Japanese only.
No, that is in no way a bargain. It's a rip off

How is it a rip-off?

The game itself will probably be around $50-60, so the remaining would mean it's about $87-97 more.

Now let's take into account how much alarm clocks cost to make. One of that kind would probably cost about $55-60, and that's a really good price. Now let's take into consideration how much that scarf probably cost to make, to get embroidered with the Zelda model and everything. Maybe $15-20, which wouldn't be a bad price. Then let's look at the chest and how much money that'll be, which would be around $20-25 in value. If you total all that up, it would be between $90-105. Of course, this is all after looking up pricings and stuff for each similar item.

Now I'm going to ask again: how is that a rip-off?

Armin Arlert said:
New Super Mario said:
Armin Arlert said:
New Super Mario said:
That's definitely not worth 147 dollars. And the only thing I would use is the clock anyway.

Trust me, that's quite the bargain with all that stuff. Too bad it'll probably be Japanese only.
No, that is in no way a bargain. It's a rip off

How is it a rip-off?

The game itself will probably be around $50-60, so the remaining would mean it's about $87-97 more.

Now let's take into account how much alarm clocks cost to make. One of that kind would probably cost about $55-60, and that's a really good price. Now let's take into consideration how much that scarf probably cost to make, to get embroidered with the Zelda model and everything. Maybe $15-20, which wouldn't be a bad price. Then let's look at the chest and how much money that'll be, which would be around $20-25 in value. If you total all that up, it would be between $90-105. Of course, this is all after looking up pricings and stuff for each similar item.

Now I'm going to ask again: how is that a rip-off?

honestly its fair but some people just want things to be so cheap its a steal.

Zae Eildus said:
honestly its fair but some people just want things to be so cheap its a steal.

Well, it's not like you have to pay an extra $90-100 for the game. It's a special offer if you pre-order it. It's going to be slightly more because of the stuff, but it's not like it's cheap making all that stuff. Be happy that it's that much and not like $50 more than what it already is.

But yes, I agree, it's fair, and just because it's not like an extra $30 doesn't mean it's a rip-off.

I'm guess Zant is the major boss of the Twilight area in the game and that Lana is the blue-haired person on the cover. Also, I have no idea how Agitha would work, but whatever. Still waiting for Tingle.

Agitha? As in that bug girl? Interesting choice...

agitha's addition kinda

bugs me

(except not really but she is kind of a random pick)

i'm gonna wait it out for talon and ingo to appear, maybe they'll douse everyone in milk or something.

So we know six characters now. If I remember correctly, didn't the developers say that half of the roster was female? Well, we have five female characters so the roster will at least have ten characters.

I'm perfectly fine with Agitha, even if some might think they picked her on the fly. :dk:

GalacticPetey said:
So we know six characters now. If I remember correctly, didn't the developers say that half of the roster was female? Well, we have five female characters so the roster will at least have ten characters.

Actually, the wording was "at least half of the roster", I believe. Assuming we have nine, 4.5 characters is half, but they said at least half so there could be more females than that, even, but I doubt that.

...You know, when Eiji Aonuma said that he was very surprised with the characters they chose for this game, I was kind of hoping it was because they chose obscure characters no one would remember... not characters who've never been shown fighting and I highly doubt anyone was asking for a return. I mean, Agitha? Really? I still can't get over that, and I probably never will... I don't have much to say about Lana, though it's nice to have some new playable characters thrown into the mix. I'm still holding out for Groose to join in the mix, as well as Link's Uncle from A Link to the Past.

As for Agorok and Zant as bosses... Okay, I think we've seen enough Twilight Princess reps for now, let's see some characters from other games!

...Oh, and Zelda's a "queen" in this game, instead of a princess.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/25/princess-zelda-is-actually-queen-zelda-in-hyrule-warriors-and-controls-an-entire-army/

...Finally! It took like, what, 28 years, but they finally made Zelda a freaking queen! I was getting sick of games like Twilight Princess and A Link Between Worlds (which I'm currently playing) having her being the de facto ruler of Hyrule yet still calling her princess (yes, I know there are principalities/princedoms where princes/princesses rule, but Hyrule has always been stated as being a kingdom, so... yeah).

Past LN1 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
the de facto ruler of Hyrule
Eh wot.
She is the ruler of Hyrule but she doesn't have the title that would be appropriate for that (Queen) sort of power.

But I was pretty sure there were kings in some Zelda games, I'm just explaining I guess.

Mio Akiyama said:
Past LN1 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
the de facto ruler of Hyrule
Eh wot.
She is the ruler of Hyrule but she doesn't have the title that would be appropriate for that (Queen) sort of power.

But I was pretty sure there were kings in some Zelda games, I'm just explaining I guess.
There were, like in A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and The Wind Waker (sort of... it's complicated). However, in Twilight Princess AND in A Link Between Worlds, there is no king, and it's implied that Zelda's the one who rules. Despite that, she's still called a princess, for some dumb reason.

Smashgoom202 said:
...You know, when Eiji Aonuma said that he was very surprised with the characters they chose for this game, I was kind of hoping it was because they chose obscure characters no one would remember... not characters who've never been shown fighting and I highly doubt anyone was asking for a return. I mean, Agitha? Really? I still can't get over that, and I probably never will... I don't have much to say about Lana, though it's nice to have some new playable characters thrown into the mix. I'm still holding out for Groose to join in the mix, as well as Link's Uncle from A Link to the Past.

As for Agorok and Zant as bosses... Okay, I think we've seen enough Twilight Princess reps for now, let's see some characters from other games!

To be honest, I'd rather have characters that are recognizable and can have a unique playstyle rather than having an obscure character just because they're obscure. Agitha attacks with her parasol and summons giant bugs and Lana uses magic tomes, both of which are different from the four other characters shown off. Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post though.

I will agree that I'd like to see more characters from other games. I'm holding out for Wind Waker representation. I'm hoping for Tingle and Beedle, personally, hell, even Groose too, although I don't know what they could do with him. Maybe have him wield a giant canon, or just attack things with his fists? Beedle can wear his yellow helmet from Wind Waker and I think he wields a spear (or at least has one in the boat shop, iirc). Tingle can do something ridiculous, maybe generic magic or go out and have magic calligraphy (i.e. giant pen writes something on the ground and explodes or he writes something on the paper/map, etc).

Back