Why does everyone not want Mii?

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
Like, who wouldn't want to see themselves beating up Mario, Bowser etc.?

People say stuff like he would have a lame, basic moveset and stuff like that but who cares?

Also, please don't use any logical fallacy.

i'm in support of Miis myself

there's a extremely high chance they're making it to Smash 4 anyways

I hate Miis mainly because they don't fit in Mario games

This ISN'T a Mario game though, but...I think the other reason I hate Miis is that I just don't like them. At all. They have a decent shot of making it in, though.

Probably the main thing I hate about Miis is how overused and overpowered they are in Mario Tennis Open. When I went online once, 90% of the people I faced were using Miis and I rarely saw Mario characters.

It's like the game became Mii Tennis Open or something.

And I really wouldn't want Miis to be characters in Smash 4, since as mentioned before they'd have a lame moveset.

New Super Mario said:
Um, no.

Wii Fit Trainer is already representing the "Wii" games, so I think we're good.
Pikachu is already representing the pokemon games

i think we're good

I wouldn't mind the Miis being in the next SSB. I'll probably never use them. The one issue I have is the moveset. Unless it works that you just copy a moveset from the other fighters. Acutally, that may be pretty cool.

New Super Mario said:
Yeah like really, what would they do?
Their moveset could be based on Wii Sports and Wii Play.

Moveset is no longer an excuse since we got R.O.B. and Wii Fit Trainer.

Edit: Also, Wii is the third best-selling franchise ever, beating Grand Theft Auto and The Sims, two series that have been around much longer. I think Wii deserves more than one rep.

New Super Mario said:
Yeah like really, what would they do?

"What would they/he/her do" or any other variation of "How would they fight" is among the worst arguments for a Smash fighter when you already have a race car driver who didn't show anything about a Falcon Punch before the first game (Captain Falcon), a monochrome character from games that predate Mario (Mr. Game and Watch), and a peripheral for the NES (ROB). Sakurai and/or Nintendo will find a way.

In any case, I believe most of the arguments people bring up against the Mii are (Besides just outright hating them). (And I'd like you to know that before you read these. I'm completely neutral on the Mii, I don't care if they're in or not. I'll just be surprised more if they aren't then if they are at this point. There's too many signs pointing toward it already.)

- Miis aren't exactly a historic All-Star like pretty much most of the cast is.
- They might invade the online servers in terms of "With Anyone" mode. As some may only play as Miis either as kids who want to play as themselves, or trolls who might use them to play as Hitler or any other inappropriate Miis
- They feel the Villager already represents the "user avatar" of Smash Bros.

There might be more reasons besides these three that aren't completely biased. But the thing is every single argument against the Mii pretty much have a good counter-argument

Not an all-star? You have to be in crazy denial to not know that Miis were a huge part of how successful the Wii was. And each Smash Bros. celebrates much of what made the previous console generation a success. Maybe not in overall Nintendo history yet, but to the history of the Nintendo Wii. Yes, the Miis are an all-star. Also Wii Fit Trainer probably was never considered an All-Star. And it's quite arguable that Miis are a bigger all-star then the trainer is since they were actually playable in all those Wii games. While in Wii Fit you only saw the Trainer if you did any Yoga or Strength Training stuff.

Invading online? Just find friends that won't play as the Mii to play online against and you have no problems. And about the trolls using Miis for controversial reasons. Well that unfortunately is just an inevitably of bringing Customizable avatars to online games. It's happened with Mario Kart Wii, and I assume there's some with the Wii Sports Club that brings the sports from Wii Sports into online multiplayer capable games. SSB4 would not be the first time this has happened.

Villager already being the user avatar? We don't know yet if it's even possible to customize the Villager yet. They could do something cool like if you connect New Leaf to Smash Bros. you can play as your Villager. But until this is confirmed we don't know if this is a solid argument. And even if that's the case. Not everyone will have New Leaf. While everyone who has a 3DS and/or Wii U should have at least one Mii. It'd be rather stupid if the one customizable character required buying a whole nother game

Never really cared for Mii's and I don't think I would like using them. Don't give a damn about playing as myself either.

They're probably getting in though.

Smasher Claus said:
Never really cared for Mii's and I don't think I would like using them. Don't give a dang about playing as myself either.

They're probably getting in though.

I agree with that and I still hope they won't be.

I would like the idea of Mii being in the game, as long as he isn't to boring. Also, in Mario Kart Wii, what happened is that the only thing that mattered about the character was height. I made one Mii as fat as a balloon, yet he was still as skinny as a stick in the game.I would like it if the features of the Mii changed its appearance. I would also like it if the height and weight changed the abilities of a Mii. Like if a thin Mii was faster yet did less damage than a fat Mii. I would be happy if they did that, though overall I would just like to have Mii in the game.

chillv said:
Like, who wouldn't want to see themselves beating up Mario, Bowser etc.?

I wouldn't.

Playing as Mario is an escape for me and the thought of creating crude versions of myself defeats the purpose.

because the miis looks damn hideous and have absolute shit customization

if there is one thing ive learned about nintendo, they suck at customization.

Not really bothered if they get in on not.

Also, I highly doubt adding the Miis will take away a potential character. Like, "We should add Miis, but we need to take one of the characters out. Hmmm, let's kick out Waluigi" <--I doubt that would happen.

sadly that's what some idiots will act like Nintendo did if Miis do get into the game

tumblr_mxejrtmsuA1swll5zo1_500.jpg

This basically what says it all on what at least some people are going to say about Miis. Especially after the full roster is revealed. They already do this sort of thing with the Trainer

Miiverse is like 4chan: The 6 Year Old Edition so it's not likely he actually did that

Tauriel said:
Miiverse is like 4chan: The 6 Year Old Edition so it's not likely he actually did that

Eh even I wouldn't compare this to 4chan

Even if Miiverse has its bad moments like that, I prefer that any day than going to the scum of the internet.

Back