Why does everyone not want Mii?

miis in Mario games are already feeling like too much for me, now smash brothers would just feel like the miis are all nintendo cares about

Deception said:
miis in Mario games are already feeling like too much for me, now smash brothers would just feel like the miis are all nintendo cares about
Super Smash Bros is a Nintendo crossover

Miis are Nintendo

Please explain why they don't belong

I feel they don't belong because they are overused, and overrated, throughout nintendo games

it feels like nintendo is trying to turn every game into wii sports

Deception said:
I feel they don't belong because they are overused, and overrated, throughout nintendo games

it feels like nintendo is trying to turn every game into wii sports
Mario games = every game

Deception said:
exactly, I was saying having them in Mario games was bad enough
No, you said they are in every game Nintendo makes, which is far from the truth.

And besides, they are in these games because they're popular. The Wii series is the third best-selling game series. Why shouldn't they have more than just the trainer?

third best selling because not enough other games are multiplayer and because they are mass marketed more than any other wii series.....

and I in no way said they were in every game, just SOME mario games, and that I think they shouldn't be there

to rephrase, I don't think they should be in smash brothers because they already get too many crossovers

unless they added something neat like say, choosing the characters outfit/moveset your mii would have, but mii as its own class I think would be blan

exactly, I said I felt they were in too many games, not that they were in all of them

Smaug said:
Also, I highly doubt adding the Miis will take away a potential character. Like, "We should add Miis, but we need to take one of the characters out. Hmmm, let's kick out Waluigi" <--I doubt that would happen.
Maybe. But this is a Nintendo crossover, Miis do have reason to be there.

It might be true if we're discussing NSMB. However toads are more debatable than Miis in that case.

I support Mii as well. Not ENTIRELY sure what the general consensus is for why people don't like the idea, other then that it's "lame"... or maybe it's because they'd rather see ACTUAL characters only, not customizable ones. I can understand that. I always did think that making Miis playable would likely be the only way to get customizable fighters in the game, but then again, that opens up a lot of questions, like how would Sakurai and his team go about customizable characters? Sakurai really wants to differentiate characters this time around, so I doubt he'll take the easy route and give Miis characteristics of other fighters.

Regardless, it's an idea I'd totally be game for, thought I'm not all THAT excited about.

too bad nintendo sucks with customization.

and most customizable features in fighting games can be manipulated and broken.

Fighter Zae said:
too bad nintendo sucks with customization.
Yes, that's the point. I don't think people can say that Miis should disappear if it's just that they're designed good enough.

Smashgoom202 said:
I support Mii as well. Not ENTIRELY sure what the general consensus is for why people don't like the idea, other then that it's "lame"... or maybe it's because they'd rather see ACTUAL characters only, not customizable ones. I can understand that. I always did think that making Miis playable would likely be the only way to get customizable fighters in the game, but then again, that opens up a lot of questions, like how would Sakurai and his team go about customizable characters? Sakurai really wants to differentiate characters this time around, so I doubt he'll take the easy route and give Miis characteristics of other fighters.

Regardless, it's an idea I'd totally be game for, thought I'm not all THAT excited about.
If you're so desperate to have customizable fighters, welcome to the world of modding.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Smashgoom202 said:

If you're so desperate to have customizable fighters, welcome to the world of modding.
You're looking at a modding-retard here.

Smashgoom202 said:
Hypochondriac Mario said:
Smashgoom202 said:

You're looking at a modding-retard here.

boy you're in for a surprise.

Modding is literally one of the best ideas ever known.

customizable movesets would be broken
there would probably be just one move everybody would spam on wifi and it would be terrible

Niime said:
customizable movesets would be broken
there would probably be just one move everybody would spam on wifi and it would be terrible

pretty much, there are fighters out there that have characters that have customizable move sets and then characters that can just use another characters moveset

not to mention a stat system which is almost always broken in fighters

Back