What was the last book you read?

Re: What book did you last read?

The Hobbit

Warriors: The New Prophecy: Starlight.

Hunger Games I (not bothering to look up english title)

Was definatly better than the movie.

Although it admittetly helped to imagine Jennifer Lawrence, Woody Harrelson and Donald Sutherland while reading because they fit the characters pretty well imo.

Finished Warriors: Power of Three: Long Shadows.
Ashfur's villainous speech during the fire was great, and it showed how bat**** insane he went after Squirrelflight rejected him.

What'd you think of Sydney Carton? When I read it, I was the only person in class (it was for school) who hated him.

The Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire (if that is even the title, again it has a completely different title on german)

that was about as great as the movie, and better than the first one.

and Phillip Seymour Hoffman also goes on the list of actors fitting the character pretty well (imo)

Freakworld said:
The Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire (if that is even the title, again it has a completely different title on german)

that was about as great as the movie, and better than the first one.

and Phillip Seymour Hoffman also goes on the list of actors fitting the character pretty well (imo)
It's just called "Catching Fire" in English.

Also yes, it is inherently the best book in the series.

Maybe it's because I read the Hunger Games once, but am I the only one that actually felt that the second book was the weakest in the series? Maybe I need to re-read them...

i heard the third one was so dumb that i didn't even read it

also i thought the first one was better, personally. probably would have been fine on its own

The third one seemed kind of slow compared to the first two, but they're all really well done. Catching Fire is my favourite.

Clunk said:
No BMB, your opinion is wrong. I got scientific proof that the second book is by far the best.

I dunno. As I said, I probably need to re-read it, but I just felt like the second book was just a repeat of the first book (on a macro scale), and I just didn't really get into it as much. I did read the three books in like 2 weeks with many all-nighters, so I was probably delusional. I did enjoy the second movie over the first, so maybe I do need to re-read them, but alas, my sister has borrowed them, so it'll be awhile.

And I felt like the third was really great. I can tell you the ending with that scene...I literally had nightmares that night over the bombing scene and what happened in it. I was just torn apart by it.

Wally said:
Clunk said:
No BMB, your opinion is wrong. I got scientific proof that the second book is by far the best.

I dunno. As I said, I probably need to re-read it, but I just felt like the second book was just a repeat of the first book (on a macro scale), and I just didn't really get into it as much. I did read the three books in like 2 weeks with many all-nighters, so I was probably delusional. I did enjoy the second movie over the first, so maybe I do need to re-read them, but alas, my sister has borrowed them, so it'll be awhile.

And I felt like the third was really great. I can tell you the ending with that scene...I literally had nightmares that night over the bombing scene and what happened in it. I was just torn apart by it.
No it's much more than just "a repeat". Catching Fire had much better characters, had much more plot relevant to the series in general instead of "kill 'em all" in the first book (and the second half of the third book). Plus Catching Fire just sets up the tone and plot for the entire series.

The Hunger Games 3

Wasn't bad but it was a lot more confusing than the other books.

I called it, District 13 sucked too much to be good. Like honestly, which kind of Rebellion is that hostile lol

Tbh the assault on the capitol or whatever that was supposed to be by Katniss and the team was kinda unsatisfying because everything that happened was people dying for virtually no reason because the rebels came in anyways, and they caused way more trouble.

But noooo Finnick I was shipping Katniss x Finnick at one point T___T

Gale turned out to be an asshole wow. I liked him more than Peeta for the first 2 1/2 or so books, but he became such an asshole at the end, hell even if it wasn't him with the bomb he was just too pro-district 13 and that one scene where he talked with Peeta in the capitol didn't help either.

Seriously I was thinking like "District 13 sucks" for the entire book, but as soon as Coin literally proposed having more Hunger Games I was like "yeah, okay.", however Katniss killing her instead of Snow was kinda unexpected too.

I got no idea why they didn't execute Katniss though, probably those rebels weren't all too happy with Coin either.

TBH Peeta got better in the third book than he was in the other 2 so the ending was relatively satisfying all in all.

To Kill a Mockingbird

So much anger when Tom Robinson got a guilty verdict. More when he died. Well, it did deliver in giving emotions.
Nice book. Understandable, deals with a simple and actually quite charming story. Kinda wanted a few characters here and there to appear more, but it's just my silly desires. I might just be getting into more pre-millenial novels.

Back