What was the last book you read?

The Last Unicorn

Bleeding Earth

I'm not sure what exactly I expected from a book with that title but I don't think it was literally the earth bleeding blood. Overall a good well-thought out book minus the awful ending.

Robert Frost: A Life by Jay Parini

For a research paper in English class.

Metro 2033

a while ago I read that actually but yeah

Don't know about the game but the book was very good.

The Last Place You Look and The Girl on the Train

The former is a very new piece of detective fiction but it was absolutely brilliant to read, it quickly became one of those books that don't last long because you must keep reading but it's the middle of the night so you don't get any sleep but it doesn't matter because it was actually worth it. Surprisingly, it's one of my favourites now, I guess the real gems are in the last place you look. :dk:

The latter I read afterwards, and it was pretty good but it was like having cold food after a nice hot meal so I feel I may have underappreciated it.

The Uke of Wallington
A charming little travel memoir of a man who goes on a rock 'n' roll tour of Britain with only a ukulele and a kazoo. This book is just a wonderful feel-good read, and the anecdotes are endlessingly amusing. Some of the book may be unapproachable for non-British readers, but I'd recommend it for anyone who wants a light, cheerful read.

Dune- Part 1: Dune
So, the first of the three parts of this book is just set up, but it still manages to be a thrilling and enjoyable read. As somewhat of a trope codifier for science fiction epics, there are a lot of clichés here, but they all work and never feel cheesy or out of place.
I already love this book.

Oct 26-Dune-Part 2: Muad'Dib
Argh, this book is so good.
This part had two storylines, one focusing on the protagonists, one on the antagonists. The two never really interacted, but they were both great and it didn't feel weird switching between them. Things ramped up more, which was definitely exciting.
Nov 22-Dune
It petered out a bit at the end, with kind of an abrupt ending, but everything up to then was great, especially a climactic duel that summed up a lot of the themes of the book.
It also had appendices that weren't a slog to read, which was nice.

A Room With A View

This is a book that I was interested in mainly due to the cover. The book is basically romance, but I admit that I am not so clear on what the story is about even if I can understand some of it, so I have to read the synopsis online to understand the whole thing.

Thank you for reading.

The World's Last Mysteries by Reader's Digest.
It was written in the 70s I inherented it when my grandfather died. It contains mysteries like Atlantis to the Tunguska event.

The Bible, I study and embrace Christianity, so I read it every week or so.

Back