What was the last book you read?

City of Fallen Angels

this entire series always has shitty endings for every book.

Gone. It was pretty bad.

I finished Zero no Maria since the last volume came out, two and a half years after the sixth one. The last part of the epilogue put a smile on my face. The strangest volume in the series imo but I did end up liking how it ended. Still one of my favourite series.

The Martian

basic plot copied from Apollo 13 and Mission to Mars, else a good book, good sense of humour, not too confusing, decent length.

The german translation SUCKED though. They made some basic mistakes like misspelled words and gettting characters' names wrong at some point. At least I got it for free though so that's not a problem.

I need to see the movie asap now,

LN1 said:
The BFG
There was no electrical energy some other day so I decided to read a short book and there was this one. Roald Dahl book/10.

Please tell me that that BFG is the BFG from Doom

About 8 of the 22 Alex Cross books by James Patterson. The Lake House by Patterson. The entire Robert Langdon series by Dan Brown. Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. And A Wrinkle in Time by some French name I can't pronounce or spell that was absolutely terrible.

Crabwalk (German Original Version: Im Krebsgang)

This was a pretty good book actually. In fact it was a really good one. And the best book we've ever had to read for german classes.

It's basically about the sinking of the german refugee/millitary ship Wilhelm Gustloff in 1945, and equally about neo-nazis in 1997 with references to the ship. It's a pretty complicated book, but somehow, Grass (the author) managed to keep the flow of the story and the story it self understandable.

If you remotely care for modern german history, and the english translation doesn't suck, it's worth a read.

Thereby Hangs a Tail, then, Dog On It, then The Dog Who Knows Too Much, and currently To Fetch a Thief.

I've read most of these before (Dog On It is the only new one to me but actually the debut of the series) but they're soooooo good and I need something I know I'll like to get me back into reading books.

Blue Exorcist

hell yeah son of satan this is my kind of book

finished chapter 8, going to chapter 9 tomorrow as my phone gets taken at 9:30pm rip

why did I need to bump this thread books are important

Finished Kiss the Girls and Rock War a while ago (and To Fetch a Thief obviously), and I'm currently reading The Road, now nearly halfway in.

Reading books on the bus is a legitimate thing, you know.

I last finished, "The $100 Startup," by Chris Guillebeau and an now onto, "The Virgin Way," by Richard Branson.

Both in audiobook form, I dunno if listening counts as reading.

PrincessPeach1989 said:
The Art of War
Nice. Which translation did you read?

Back