Lario said:
House of Leaves
i've wanted to read this for so long

i started reading it at the beginning of the year but i found it too dense

it was very good but i didn't have time to read the whole thing

Re: What book did you last read?

Sebastian Debeste said:
To Kill a Mockingbird

So much anger when Tom Robinson got a guilty verdict. More when he died. Well, it did deliver in giving emotions.
Nice book. Understandable, deals with a simple and actually quite charming story. Kinda wanted a few characters here and there to appear more, but it's just my silly desires. I might just be getting into more pre-millenial novels.
This book is soooo good.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon ((Book 1))

Read Act 1. That was cool.

I just finished City of Bones, it was okay.
A lot of parts made me cringe and I didn't particularly like the characters but I think the way it was written appealed to me. Most of the time I get bored with books because they spend too much time on minor details that I couldn't give two shits about, this book did it as well but to a lesser extent I felt. It didn't go overboard I guess. I don't know if I'll read the next one, depends if I can find anything better in the library. Funny how the author had the balls to effectively cock block Jace from being with Clary by making them siblings at the end. Good job building up a relationship then shoving a big fat wall between them, you fucking troll.

I also read the Mushoku Tensei and Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari web novels up to their current translations recently.
Tate no Yuusha was interesting at first, it wasn't really super unique but it wasn't boring so I kept at it. It did happen to drag on around the 130+ chapter mark, where it was just a bunch of pointless world building shit which ended in a dumb plot twist that made me stop reading; for now. Mushoku Tensei on the other hand was actually really interesting. Chapter 162 is still clear in my mind, that was really exciting to read. It swapped between fluffy + calm volumes to adventure + serious volumes pretty frequently but the latter were always my favourites. I think I spent easily 25-30 hours reading this, not all at once but there were times where I just sat and read for 3-4 hours at a time.

I think the writer was running out of ideas with shieldbro, just seems like everything after chapter 130 is filling in space until he figures out what he really wants to do with his series. More slaves, more OP powers, more training, more waste of everyone's time.

Eris may have been Rudi's third wife, but she's number one in my books. Go team Eris, woooo.

The Catcher in the Rye
This shouldn't be anywhere near as relevant to me as it is.
Sebastian Debeste said:
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
I literally don't know how to react.
i saw that on a list of 50 books to read before you die the other day and i've never heard of it. is it good?

Nabber said:
Sebastian Debeste said:
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
I literally don't know how to react.
i saw that on a list of 50 books to read before you die the other day and i've never heard of it. is it good?
I mean, I certainly didn't dislike it. It's just that the way it goes to the ending leaves me with conflicted feelings. If you want to know, some chapters are irrelevant to the story and deviate into stuff that the main character thinks and there are a few "vulgar" words here and there. The main character provides an interesting view of the world, and the story had some things I liked and didn't like.

Eh, it's somewhat short, so I'd say at least give it a try.

it's a look at kids with severe autism, or some kind of mental disorder, I can't remember what exactly anymore

I read it a few years ago and thought it was pretty neat and probably pretty realistic

City of Ashes.

It was better than the first book, I was pretty interested at some points and there were less cringe inducing parts.

The Chronicles Of Narnia

For a so-called "classic", the characters are really dull!

The Mammoth Hunters - I'd skimmed through this one before but it was such a soap opera Mary Sue love triangle, I couldn't get into it, but a friend convinced me to give it another chance for the sake of the supporting characters who are actually likeable, so I did, as a way to pass the time whenever my computer froze or took forever to turn on.

City of Glass. It was ok. I wasn't really all that invested.

I also read Gekkou which was short but pretty great. I guess I should expect that since the two 'other recommendations' on its MAL page were my two favourite light novels. It was an interesting story, definitely gave me some Zero no Maria vibes.

Mushoku Tensei
The most impressive thing would have to be how the writing kept you engaged pretty much all the time. Probably one of the highest quality web novels out there. I'm sad it's ending but I think it had a great run. The last full volume was amazing. All that's left is the epilogue which still needs to be translated.

edit: Chapter 260-263 + the side story was translated in bulk, that was a surprisingly satisfying ending. I think I'm glad the author didn't drag it on any longer considering there wasn't much else to cover anymore for Rudeus' life story. 'See ya.'

This World We Live In and The
Shade of The Moon

Books 3 & 4 (4 is probably the Final Book) of the Last Survivors Series
by Susan Beth Pfeffer.

Back