What was the last book you read?

小龙怪 said:
The beginning of Fire World by Chris D'Lacey, the sixth book in the Last Dragon Chronicles. After searching for this book for several years, my library finally order it. Problem is, I forgot the ending of the previous book, and I am soooo lost. Doesn't help that the Last Dragon Chronicles is one of the most confusing and complicated series I have ever read. I think Yoshidude knows what I mean by that.
Yes I know exactly what you mean. I think the only thing I can remember about it was something about Gwilliana and David. I'll re read it at some point.

The Wii U instruction manual.

Figured out there is no way to prevent the Gamepad from auto-turning on when I start the system except for if the battery is empty.

Ulrich said:
The Fault in our Stars by John Green.

I just...I'm not ready to talk about that book.
Why? Was it too depressing for you?

Jack and Jill by James Patterson. Another FANTASTIC Alex Cross book.

Next I am going to read A Dance With Dragons by George R. R. Martin, the fifth book in the Song of Ice and Fire series (AKA A Game of Thrones series)

I read Trash. It was below average at best.

I've started Contest, which is part of a series that someone at my school had been reading before. I got interested in it so now I'm reading it.

Crackin355 said:
I read Trash. It was below average at best.

Fitting title, then.

The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass and Hannibal Rising. I've now started The Tale of Genji (Royall Tyler translation).

I finished reading The Empty Box and The Zeroth Maria's third volume. Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria is the Japanese name.

I guess it counts since it's a light novel, even if I read it on my iPad. This one ended on a cliffhanger, the whole third book was simply to set up for the fourth it seems and I'm completely okay with that. It's really difficult to explain these books because I don't think I've read anything like them before. Psychological? Mystery? It kind of seems like those don't suit them but do at the same time.

I think the thing that impresses me the most is that so far these books have not failed to keep me in the dark, usually a book like this would have tons of plot holes and be really predictable but I just cannot find any. I'm hoping it keeps it up for the next three. And then any that are released afterwards.

EDIT: I finished Volume 4 as well. That was satisfying, I literally just read it through 3 of my classes today because I really needed to know what happened next.

Reading the Mortal Engines series by Philip Reeve. Read the prequels Fever Crumb, A Web of Air and Scrivener's Moon as well as the first book Mortal Engines. Great books now waiting for the next book Predator's Gold to come into my library.

Wolverine said:
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

loved it. loads of interesting parts
Pretty good book imo, glad I picked it to read for English.

Re: What book did you last read?

The How it Works magazine.

Re: What book did you last read?

Dracula (The original by Beam Stoker)

Back