What was the last book you read?

Yoshidude99 said:
Finished War of the Dwarves. Loved it. Can't wait until I can read Revenge of the Dwarves. I'm now reading Skulduggery Pleasant Last Stand of Dead Men. I've nearly finished it.
Where'd you find it? I can never seem to find a copy of any Skulduggery books after The Faceless Ones.

Oh, you're so lucky.

All the libraries around here only have Skulduggery Pleasant, Playing with Fire, and The Faceless Ones, and I've been dying to read the other like four books in the series because Skulduggery is my favorite fictional character ever.

I know. I won't say any plot details but major stuff happens in them. Maybe you could try amazon? I think the books are also on kindle if you have one.

So I've re-read the Percy Jackson books now (I'm on the final one right now).

Also, Jav...

About the Nico thing; I dunno if it is recon. After re-reading Battle of the Labryinth, it did kind of make sense that Nico would be mad at Percy for everything. I mean, he probably felt so betrayed by someone he loved and admired a lot that he wanted to hurt them for what they did. Bianca was right that Nico was mad at her and not Percy, and he was taking out all his anger on Percy because he liked him so much.

One thing I'm confused about is why did they stop saying powerful names in the Heroes of Olympus arc? I mean, the first series they are using codenames for monsters since calling them by their real name will cause bad luck on them. But in the Heroes of Olympics, they are just throwing it out there left and right like it is nothing.

BMB said:
So I've re-read the Percy Jackson books now (I'm on the final one right now).

Also, Jav...

About the Nico thing; I dunno if it is recon. After re-reading Battle of the Labryinth, it did kind of make sense that Nico would be mad at Percy for everything. I mean, he probably felt so betrayed by someone he loved and admired a lot that he wanted to hurt them for what they did. Bianca was right that Nico was mad at her and not Percy, and he was taking out all his anger on Percy because he liked him so much.

One thing I'm confused about is why did they stop saying powerful names in the Heroes of Olympus arc? I mean, the first series they are using codenames for monsters since calling them by their real name will cause bad luck on them. But in the Heroes of Olympics, they are just throwing it out there left and right like it is nothing.
1. If he really felt betrayed, why would he still have a crush on Percy? I mean, Nico tried to kill Percy at least a couple times in Battle of the Labyrinth, and then there was that part in The Last Olympian where he betrayed Percy to Hades (at least for a little bit), which I don't think he would have been willing to do if he was in love with him.

2. Eh, they've had so much trouble on this journey that they probably figure that it can't possibly get any worse.

Evillious Chronicles - Mothy (who's a Vocaloid producer)

AKA the novels based on a Vocaloid song series called Story of Evil. It's actually pretty interesting, but dear God, it is long. I'm on page 40, yet I just got to "Section 2". But the text print is so tiny, I would consider that I've gotten through at least 4 chapters.

But hey, it's interesting to me, and it's an actual book, so it's all good.

Yoshidude99 said:
Finished War of the Dwarves. Loved it. Can't wait until I can read Revenge of the Dwarves. I'm now reading Skulduggery Pleasant Last Stand of Dead Men. I've nearly finished it.
Finished it last week. My favourite book so far. Can't wait for the last one in September. That cliff hanger got me so excited. Now reading Swallows and Amazons. Mainly to fill the time until Revenge of the Dwarves comes into my local library.

The beginning of Fire World by Chris D'Lacey, the sixth book in the Last Dragon Chronicles. After searching for this book for several years, my library finally order it. Problem is, I forgot the ending of the previous book, and I am soooo lost. Doesn't help that the Last Dragon Chronicles is one of the most confusing and complicated series I have ever read. I think Yoshidude knows what I mean by that.

Freakworld said:
小龙怪 said:
What is that?
Don't tell me nobody has pushed you to read that book at least once.

That happened thrice to me now. In three different languages.
what's wrong with it

i thought it was an enjoyable read. nothing too deep, but that was kinda the point

Dr. Javelin said:
Freakworld said:
小龙怪 said:
What is that?
Don't tell me nobody has pushed you to read that book at least once.

That happened thrice to me now. In three different languages.
what's wrong with it

i thought it was an enjoyable read. nothing too deep, but that was kinda the point

Well yeah, that was my first thought too. What pisses me off is that teachers are like it's the best book ever made.

Back