About the schedule

Should the schedule be abolished?

• Yes

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BMB, I actually read your post, and you just said everything I had in mind, but much better.

Except the part on hosts not being ready when it's their turn. (which I admit has happened to me too, on my first game here)

oh good grief all the wallposts

ain't nobody got time fo dat

I'm for abolition of the schedule. Like most people have said, people can stop themselves from being involved in too many games if they want. Not a huge problem.

i like the term "abolition" of the schedule, it's such a revolutionary way of saying it

If Nabber and BMB want to convince me (and everyone else) otherwise, shorten your posts so I'll actually have time to read them.

on a completely unrelated note, abolition of the schedule will make the mafia hosts guild 100% useless, which would make this a good step on the way to my goal of disbanding the guild

Dr. Javelin said:
on a completely unrelated note, abolition of the schedule will make the mafia hosts guild 100% useless, which would make this a good step on the way to my goal of disbanding the guild

i'll bet they'd still find some other excuse to exist. :waluigi:

they'll do anything to keep their precious oligarchy going

why though beats me. probably to keep their dark green stars to set them apart from the common masses

Dr. Javelin said:
Like most people have said, people can stop themselves from being involved in too many games if they want. Not a huge problem.
Let me say one thing on this matter.

If there are 10 Mafia's, people may miss out themes they really like.

Furthermore, if everyone only joins 2 out of 10 games, how are the hosts supposed to get enough players?

Dr. Javelin said:

why though beats me. probably to keep their dark green stars to set them apart from the common masses

i know what you could do

you could host some mafia games, join the guild, and sabotage them from the inside!

or maybe you could just get yoshiwaker to sabotage them, idk maybe that would be easier?

I have decided to change sides after thinking about Jungle Mafia.

Let people take the time they want and then start is feels right, although my point of players "focusing" on one mafia still stands.

ジュゲムザクイック said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Like most people have said, people can stop themselves from being involved in too many games if they want. Not a huge problem.

Furthermore, if everyone only joins 2 out of 10 games, how are the hosts supposed to get enough players?
The hosts will just have to make their games more appealing to the players. If they don't, then they just won't be able to host their game. That's a system called competition, part of a greater system called capitalism.
Pearl said:
Dr. Javelin said:

i know what you could do

you could host some mafia games, join the guild, and sabotage them from the inside!

or maybe you could just get yoshiwaker to sabotage them, idk maybe that would be easier?
That would be easier indeed, but Yoshiwaker makes his own decisions. I'm not my brother's keeper.

Dr. Javelin said:
ジュゲムザクイック said:
Dr. Javelin said:

The hosts will just have to make their games more appealing to the players. If they don't, then they just won't be able to host their game. That's a system called competition, part of a greater system called capitalism.
Which will make it less fair and less fun.

New Super Mario said:
I would still like a more "one at a time" kind of thing, even though no one else does.

I can focus more if I'm only playing one game, IMO.

then only play one game at a time?

ジュゲムザクイック said:
Dr. Javelin said:
ジュゲムザクイック said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Less fair for who? The hosts?

On the contrary, I think it's more fair. Brutally so. It's fair to let the players choose which games they like, and not choose the games they don't like.

And players choosing games they like only equals more fun for the players.

Dr. Javelin said:
ジュゲムザクイック said:
Dr. Javelin said:
ジュゲムザクイック said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Less fair for who? The hosts?

On the contrary, I think it's more fair. Brutally so. It's fair to let the players choose which games they like, and not choose the games they don't like.

And players choosing games they like only equals more fun for the players.
Why, yes indeed, the hosts.

Newcomers for example don't have a chance, even when they appear to be better then BMB in practice. (This is a compliment to BMB)

I guess those players will have to gain recognition the hard way. They could probably try co-hosting with a recognized host to gain recognition.

I feel like the schedule could also be a turn-away for new hosts. If anything, the system being unwieldy and the wait times would probably make them less likely to want to host anything, if that makes sense? I just don't think saying "but if we remove the schedule new hosts will be repulsed" is that good when keeping it could have the same effect.

Turboo said:
I feel like the schedule could also be a turn-away for new hosts. If anything, the system being unwieldy and the wait times would probably make them less likely to want to host anything, if that makes sense? I just don't think saying "but if we remove the schedule new hosts will be repulsed" is that good when keeping it could have the same effect.
It's turned me away, that's for sure. I mean, the schedule went by so fast, I was honestly expecting that our game would start sometime in December, or at the least, end of October. We were basically caught completely off guard, because too many other people weren't able to keep to their own schedules.

Xerneas said:
It's not that I don't want to read your post, it's that I literally can't. I'm going to get to the second paragraph, and my eyes will become immensely tired. Because, let's face it, we're staring at computer screens, and if I take a break from reading it, I'll either lose my place or forget what you said earlier, or even both.

So sometimes, it's not that people don't want to read it, it's that people cannot read it. Ergo, tl;dr.

however, I will try and read it in the morning, see if it works better then.

Well, the schedule also prevents joke games from happening. And to those that want to vote for what games should go before others - hell no. Because then hosts that aren't that well-liked may never host and hosts that are loved will get to go like everytime they want to make a game. I'm on my phone for awhile, but when I get home, I'll add more to this discussion and other stuff I missed out on my rant.

What's the problem with "joke" games? They pretty much always end in under a day (and it's not like one has ever gotten added to the schedule); I don't see why they're so despised when they do nothing to mess with the operation of other mafias. If you don't like a joke game/don't want to play in one, don't click the thread and scroll past it?

Turboo said:
What's the problem with "joke" games? They pretty much always end in under a day (and it's not like one has ever gotten added to the schedule); I don't see why they're so despised when they do nothing to mess with the operation of other mafias. If you don't like a joke game/don't want to play in one, don't click the thread and scroll past it?
yeah, this

there's no problem with joke games

I've never had a problem with joke games.

I don't mind joke games as long as that it's in the mindless junk board instead of here.

Dr. Javelin said:
ジュゲムザクイック said:
Dr. Javelin said:

So basically you're saying only guys like MCD, NSM, BMB, etc. would be able to host games because they attract the most traffic?

If you're trying to destroy a Mafia Host oligarchy, wouldn't that be counterproductive?

as I see it here it's basically a catch 22

if we put up a list of reasons why the schedule should not be abandoned, then you yell at us for writing too much

if we sum it up in a few words, you'll never get our point and assume that we're all idiots who cling to tradition

you will then proceed to respond to this post saying that my comment about being idiots who cling to tradition is accurate

honestly I still don't get why the schedule is such a problem. it's worked for years, lots of hosts old and new have made many successful games with it instilled

if you're impatient, just don't play mafia. or maybe make a subboard for shorter games. idk. mafiascum has a mafia schedule and they don't seem to have a problem with it

Nabber said:
or maybe make a subboard for shorter games.
Why didn't I think of this? :roll:

Back