Unpopular opinions with video games

I don't like expressing my unpopular opinions about video games or anything, mostly because I have had so many bad experiences with doing so. I had a talk with DragonFreak about it, you could ask him if you want to know more (or me, because he could've forgetten about it now), but I will give a little more info.

As a result of these bad experiences, I seems as if it has caused me to have slight allodoxaphobia, doxophobia and social phobia.

I actually kind of like the Sonic Boom designs. Thank goodness they're not permanent, though.

Giga12 said:
I actually kind of like the Sonic Boom designs. Thank goodness they're not permanent, though.

idk if knuckless was a little shorter and less bulky id really like the designs to stay.

I love moé in video games.

More games need moé.

Mother 3 would be better off with an anime than with a US release.

I have a dark secret. A terrible secret I have kept hidden for so long, I cannot help but reveal everything today.

I really, really, really, really, do not like Golden Sun.

At all.

I think it fails as an RPG, and even moreso as a game in general. It's hard to explain why this is the case. It is a combination of multiple things.

I guess I would like to begin pointing out that the majority of the game is spent talking. The game feels like it is 80% dialogue or something, and the characters seemingly never ever shut up.

"Well it's an RPG, genius! People talk a lot, that's normal!", you might think. But no. In every other text-heavy RPG, the dialogue is used to either flesh out the setting, or develop the characters. Yet none of these things happen in Golden Sun. The characters just talk for the sake of talking, and almost every bit of dialogue is empty, barren, and devoid of character or anything, safe for maybe a small pointer on what to do next.

Who is Isaac? Or Garet? Or Ivan? Or Mia? The game doesn't let us know and the dialogue is so sterile you can't even draw your own conclusions. It makes your party members seem like blank slates with elements attached to them. I mean try to describe to me what kind of character Garet is without mentioning that he is Isaac's friend and the fire dude. You probably won't be able to do it without making stuff up.

I feel like this game is the equivalent of a politician. It keeps talking but doesn't actually say anything.

On top of that, the game is also incomplete. As soon as you're about halfway through the story, the game cuts off and hits you with a screen that pretty much says (I paraphrase) "Thank you for playing to this point. Now if you want to know how this story continues, please purchase the second half of the game which we will sell to you at full price". And they even got away with it. It's amazing.

I really don't want to turn the game to shit for anyone who likes it. If you managed to enjoy it somehow, that's great, and you're probably better than me at finding the appeal in it. But as a whole it kind of baffles me how this series was so well-received with how little it actually has going for it. Like, all I can see in it is a sub-par, substance-less RPG with pretty graphics and (usually) good music. And maybe the Djinn thing is cool for a while.

But apart from that, all you get is half a game filled with empty dialogue. And that's kind of sad in my opinion.

Oh my god, I wanted to get this rant off my chest for years. My apologies to anyone I might have alienated with this.

Gabumon said:
*Golden Sun complaints*
Actually, I kind of like Golden Sun more or less the battling system. And now that you mention it, yeah there is some weird things about it. Like yeah there is a lot of talking, and too much too. I emulated it and a few time I put it in fast forward mode and mashed A+B because there was too much unimportant dialog. And the whole "incomplete game" thing is sooooo weird. Like I do question about it.

Although I probably found these annoyances a lot less severe than yours which made me like it much more than you did.

3D Collectathon platformers are a boring and miserable experience.

Quote from Cave Story looks like a depressing fanart of a Pokemon Trainer.

Even though they've already been remade, I would totally love HD remakes of Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time on the Wii U. Keep the changes from SM64DS and OoT3D but expand on them some more.

OoT is one of the worse games ive ever played.

Final fantasy is a good series even to this day.

The original starfox is better than starfox 64.

I think that's all really.

Super Mario 64 DS was an extremely disgraceful and horrifying mockery of a remake that does not deserve to exist and essentially made fun of the greatest platformer of all time.

Also SM64 needs to have a remake.

That's not unpopular; that's just unnecessarily harsh.

I've heard people who hate Super Mario 64 DS and, well, bash it on the same reasons you do. My sister had a pretty nasty argument on the forum with another user on the Super Mario 64 DS bashing (she loves Super Mario 64 DS) and it still leaves a bad taste on my mouth.

I feel SM64DS completes SM64. I know of the complaints, to which I disagree with 99% of them, and for that reason, I don't understand the hate. I also feel like most who bash on SM64DS just takes nostalgia factor too far

I didn't like the crappy minigames, but they were optional. Besides that, DS>64.
...Oh crap, I just pulled a 3D Player.

Yasuke Matsuda said:
My main problem is the fact that the jump and attack buttons are switched from the original in sm64ds, that tripped me up a lot

It takes some getting used to, but honestly i think its better for the most part.

Although what bugs me the most is wario.

He can barely do anything jump wise, and its kinda underwhelming.

Zae Eildus said:

I found him really amusing to play as

? Block said:
Zae Eildus said:

I found him really amusing to play as

Yeah but you love torturing him.

Me however, i wanted him to at least be fun to play as, but no its like painful to do so.

Guess it doesnt matter though because luigi is the bomb in that game.

Back