Unpopular opinions with video games

i'm about damn tired of seeing link this generation

*flees*

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Spongebob GBA games>anything Nintendo besides Mario and Smash
you are probably the most narrow minded person i've seen when it comes to games except for maybe those 10-year-old "I'M A BIG KID NOW CUZ I PLAY COD WHICH IS TEH ONLY GOOD GAME" people

anywho, A Link to the Past is my least favorite Zelda

Captain Levi said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Spongebob GBA games>anything Nintendo besides Mario and Smash
you are probably the most narrow minded person i've seen when it comes to games except for maybe those 10-year-old "I'M A BIG KID NOW CUZ I PLAY COD WHICH IS TEH ONLY GOOD GAME" people
Oh, pretty boy...
You don't know the half of it.

Presenting to you from the one and only Shadow Prince...

The adventures of mariofan2006
One fateful day, an annoying kid bugs his parents into getting a YouTube account. The following text is what that kid says.

Oh, yay! I got a YouTube account! mariofan2006 isn't a n00bish name at ALL.

So, what to do next? I know! Why don't I make an awesome Top 5?

Maybe I could do one about the best Paper Mario: Sticker boss themes.

And to show I'm so awesome, I'll take the pictures myself. I'm sure nobody will care that the camera came out in 1970.

Now, I don't have a microphone, so I'll just make it a text countdown.

Should I actually type normal or in text language? Eh, text language is cooler.

(2 likes and 9001 dislikes later)

Waaah! You meanies! I'm telling a moderator.

This has been...
The adventures of mariofan2006

THAT'S narrow minded for you.

Magikrazy said:
idk that sounds more like you taking a *bleep* on a kid who cant take criticism
Crappy countdowns leave a bad taste in my mouth. Enough said.

well nowhere in that did you tell me how he is narrow minded

it just came off as mean spirited of you

i mean he didnt seem mean or anything

he just seems like a little kid who made a video to the best of his abilities with what little he had

and then you just bring him down

he did come across as a little whiny but i have nothing to go off of except your story which for all i know you could have made up

wheres the video

Magikrazy said:
well nowhere in that did you tell me how he is narrow minded

it just came off as mean spirited of you

i mean he didnt seem mean or anything

he just seems like a little kid who made a video to the best of his abilities with what little he had

and then you just bring him down

he did come across as a little whiny but i have nothing to go off of except your story which for all i know you could have made up

wheres the video
Uh-HUH. Try telling that to pretty much anyone on the Internet. BTW, I'm 12, but at least I know now not to make crappy videos.

Anyway, look up "Top 10 Mario Characters", and click on a video that's 2 minutes long

http://www.mariowiki.com/Bones

Best Mario character.

I fail to understand why people get all *bleep*y about a game being too easy. At least you aren't ragequitting every 5 minutes. I like easy games, they give you the impression (however false) that you're PWNing.

Frollo said:
I fail to understand why people get all *bleep*y about a game being too easy. At least you aren't ragequitting every 5 minutes. I like easy games, they give you the impression (however false) that you're PWNing.

effort.

If a game lacks effort it just makes the game so unsatisfying, you dont really feel proud of anything you just get bored out of your mind.

Now there are bullshit difficulties of games like smt strange journey where beating a boss requires pure luck.

Zae Eildus said:
Frollo said:

effort.

If a game lacks effort it just makes the game so unsatisfying, you dont really feel proud of anything you just get bored out of your mind.
Pretty much this. Like half the reasons I even play games is so I can feel accomplished in life.

Oh my God my life.

DragonFreak said:
Pretty much this. Like half the reasons I even play games is so I can feel accomplished in life.

Oh my God my life.
tumblr_nf7wgyBRFa1tcc64ao1_1280.jpg

Zae Eildus said:
Frollo said:

effort.

isn't there a difference between developer effort and gamer effort?

i'm like the aforementioned poster: i prefer games on easiest difficulties.

Baby Luigi said:
Zae Eildus said:
Frollo said:

effort.

isn't there a difference between developer effort and gamer effort?

i'm like the aforementioned poster: i prefer games on easiest difficulties.

kind of both actually, i mean its fine if people like easy games and its fine if people like harder games.

Thats what difficulty levels are for in the first place.

But for me i like to put effort into getting rewards(unless getting rewarded requires very boring tasks or something requiring pure luck).

Probably the main thing that made me dislike spm so much because the game was stupidly easy and it just wasnt satisfying at all.

Half-Life 2is honestly quite easy if you knew whether something's interact-able or not.

This isn't directly an opinion about a video game, but it is an opinion relating to video games:

I think Amiibo are absolutely fucking stupid and they are nothing but giant wastes of money. Especially with bullshit like how games are having content locked away that you NEED the figures to use. Like I'm perfectly fine with Amiibo unlocking little cosmetic items, like the Mario Kart 8 costumes for your Mii. I'm fine with that, doesn't affect me at all, that's basically costume DLC. But actually locking away CONTENT behind these shitty figures? No, I'm sorry, that's bull-fucking-shit.

I'm gonna be honest, I think games like Skylanders and stuff are stupid as hell because of the toys, but at least with those games, if I don't buy the games, they don't affect me. But with Amiibo, I could buy a game and be locked out of content because I refuse to buy these dumbass $12.99 figurines.

I swear to Christ if any other company like EA or Ubisoft who locked content in their games and required you to own figures to unlock it, people would rightfully call them out on it, but since it's Nintendo, they get a free pass.

I'm gonna say it right now, if Splatoon is tainted by these fucking shitty figures (tainted not meaning no support, but having serious content locked behind them, I don't give a shit if using a Mario Amiibo or something let's you give your Inkling a cosmetic Mario hat or something), I will fucking swear off that game and potentially swear of Nintendo for good.

The problem with amiibos also amplifies with the stupid godforsaken shortages of them

Like, GOOD LUCK finding Little Mac, Rosalina, Pit, Marth, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer etc in the US without spending overly inflated prices online.

Toy Chica said:
wait so they basically function to unlock [noncosmetic] dlc now?

thats stupid parts of the game shouldnt be unavailable to you just cause you dont want to/cant get an amiibo

Mario Party 10 is a game that does that.

I don't know if the FP in Smash Bros. count as noncosmetic DLC

Toy Chica said:
tying game content to something with a limited supply is just dumb

Well Nintendo didn't deliberately make the supply low in the first place; they want to fix that Marth amiibo problem by announcing they'll release another figure of him or something.

Also Codename STEAM requires Fire Emblem Amiibo to unlock the Fire Emblem characters.

Idk if that's cosmetic or not, but it's still dumb.

Back