Unpopular opinions with video games

i think the music is one of the only things from sonic i still like

Shadow rocks! said:
Fighter Zae said:
Glaceon said:
Giga12 said:
I think Sonic and the Secret Rings is underrated.

I didn't know the game was underrated, but agreed as I had good times with it.

is that the game where sonic moves on his own?

Dont think i cared for it.
Well, it's not as bad as Black Knight.

are you one of those people who hates on black knight just because sonic has a sword

Northern Verve said:
Niime said:
sonic music is always amazing, though

That's true (Well maybe except for Shadow the Hedgehog (Had rather bland level music except for only a select few, though the vocal tracks were kinda decent at least) and Sonic Chronicles)

But there being so many good Sonic soundtracks it's a compliment that I personally think Secret Rings' soundtrack is in the Top 5.
That games soundtrack was a mess for the most part, expect one boss theme and the Nocturne theme, which everyone seemed to hate for some reason.

Also I think Yoshi's Island DS's did not suck.

Yoshi's Island DS was only ok at best

btw, i think yoshi's new island is gonna suck

I think Yoshi's Island DS is decent at best. It's just plagued by horrible level design in some levels and the equally awful collection aspect. I do like other babies getting introduced, such as Baby DK and Baby Wario, since those two have never appeared outside of Mario mainstream game. As much as I hate saying it, having a Baby Wario is a plus.

Yoshi's Island DS has a godawful soundtrack, though.

Isn't Yoshi's Island DS's soundtrack supposed to be ambient? Or is it just repeating again and again?

Hypochondriac Mario said:
I think Yoshi's Island DS is decent at best. It's just plagued by horrible level design in some levels and the equally awful collection aspect. I do like other babies getting introduced, such as Baby DK and Baby Wario, since those two have never appeared outside of Mario mainstream game. As much as I hate saying it, having a Baby Wario is a plus.

You had to have at least liked the Wildlands and the In the Clouds themes.

Well, the music itself is pretty catchy, but it grates on you after hearing covers of the same theme being played again and again. Which is why I don't particularly care for Super Mario World music.

Hypochondriac Mario said:

yeah ive listened to some of the soundtrack and its just damn terrible.

Dare say just as bad as sonic chronicles.

Hotaru Tomoe said:

Shadow rocks! said:
Fighter Zae said:
Glaceon said:
Giga12 said:

are you one of those people who hates on black knight just because sonic has a sword
No, it was one big glitch, and I hated the motion controls, and how hard it was, and blah blah blah.

Shadow rocks! said:
Hotaru Tomoe said:

Shadow rocks! said:
Fighter Zae said:
Glaceon said:
Giga12 said:

No, it was one big glitch, and I hated the motion controls, and how hard it was, and blah blah blah.
I liked Black Knight when I got it for a Christmas a couple of years ago along with Secret Rings. I played it a lot for a couple of days and found it really fun, then I got stuck on the second fight with King Arthur and I've never played it again. That boss is impossible for me to beat.

Northern Verve said:
Holy cow the Soundtrack of Secret Rings easily makes it into the Top 5 Modern Sonic game tracks.
I was not expecting a level called "Evil Foundry" to have one of the catchiest, head boppinest songs in existence.

I even put it into Project M for extra place rockin'.

And I think Link's Awakening's music was great, especially Tal Tal Heights.

i'm not too sure if this is unpopular but i don't like f-zero

Wow, I thought I was the only one. That's not to say that I think it's terrible, I just didn't think it was anything special the few times I've played it. It seemed pretty ordinary to me, and hardly stood out that much from your average racing game.

Also, I haven't played Sonic '06. However, from what I have seen, I think if I did, I wouldn't refer to it as the devil, at least storywise. Any game that introduced Silver (who BTW is my 2nd-favorite Sonic character, but if you can't figure out my favorite, then you're just stupid) can't be ALL bad, and besides, from what I've seen of Elise, she isn't as terrible as the fanboys call her. Anyone who's self-honest enough to figure out that they don't care about the world can't be ALL bad, right? I personally think that if she was just another animal, and if Sonic hadn't betrayed Amy for her, she could be a great character! I think there should be a remake of this game that would right all this game's wrongs.

Sonic '06 is too bad of a game to be put right. While I haven't played '06, i've seen plenty of reviews on it.

Shadow said:
and besides, from what I've seen of Elise, she isn't as terrible as the fanboys call her. Anyone who's self-honest enough to figure out that they don't care about the world can't be ALL bad, right? I personally think that if she was just another animal, and if Sonic hadn't betrayed Amy for her, she could be a great character! I think there should be a remake of this game that would right all this game's wrongs.

Honestly even if Elise was another animal. Or even a hedgehog, that only fixes the bestiality implications.

It would still be against Sonic's character because that's not what Sonic does. If he did, he would have already dated Amy at some point. Sonic's character is supposed to be the Anti-Mario even to this day. He doesn't look for love from any damsels in distress he saves. (At least in terms of the games) He's not a character that dreams of settling down. And while Sonic games aren't exactly known for good stories in the first place. The many plot holes and inconsistencies in Sonic 06's storyline far exceed many previous game's stories.

And I'd never want Sega to try to remake Sonic 06. Because it isn't worth remaking. The only thing that was salvageable was the music. It'd be better to just let Sonic 06 be, and continue on making better games from scratch. Like Colors, Generations, etc. have done already.

The Robot Masters said:
My unpopular opinion: I like Shadow.

I don't get how this is unpopular

Sure it may be unpopular here but he's like the Internet's puppy (a prime example being BrawlVault, where like, 40% of all hacks are Shadow hacks)

you'd be surprised at how shadow haters there are though.

Some even blame shadow for the fall of the sonic games as well.

Which i admit is pretty stupid, but thats how some people think i suppose.

Shadow's a very polarizing character. While he is loved by alot of the newer Sonic fans that got into the series at around the same time he debuted. There are some who believe Shadow was a good enough character in SA2, and the ending even brought proper closure to his character. But Sega decided to milk his popularity a little more by bringing him back rather quickly for Sonic Heroes and even giving him his own game (The latter of which wasn't received very well).

And after the failure of Sonic 06. Shadow kinda left to the wayside for the exception of certain spin-off games. Sega has been using Shadow less and less is pretty obvious when the last major game he was playable in was Sonic 06.

Back