Your headcanons

Oh, Mario does have empathy. He sees the best in others. And Mario's always good natured about it in the end (Mario losing to Bowser Fortune Street: "Don't think I'm going to let you win that easily, Bowser!"; conceding with good-natured praise to Bowser Jr. and Bowser by proxy: "Bowser Jr.! You're just like your daddy. Always getting in my way!"), and even Bowser doesn't show *that* much hatred, just being mainly grumbling about conceding defeat, but confident he'll win next time.

MPDS_group_ending.png

I like to think the Koopalings are adopted by Bowser back when Bowser wanted a heir to his throne but was angry the stork wouldn't bring him a child. So he went out and adopted the seven Koopalings (mainly because he didn't have a choice, it was all 7 or none at all) and raised them as his own. Then the stork finally DID give him a child of his own-- so Bowser Jr. by default became the heir. The Koopalings remained under his wing.

I ignore any reference to the Koopalings as minions and believe they only call Jr. "Lord" and "Master" because he is the heir to their father's throne. Not because they aren't part of the royal family. And whenever they're ordered around as minions I read it as them being ordered to obey their father or whoever their father left in charge (ie Kamek). Don't care what scenario Nintendo tries to give: even if they try to show the Koopalings getting paid I'll take that as their allowance rather than their wage. Something so deeply rooted in the early Mario games can't just be undone in my book.

They want "Mini-Bowsers" who are minions? Koopa Kid's been on the back burner for a while you know...

Some wonder why the fuck Mario would give up his castle (you know, the bitchin one that he had in Super Mario Land 2). I did too.

I had a "eureka!" moment, though, which became one of my favorite Mario fan theories ever. And it also explains why Wario got a castle all of a sudden.

Here's the general gist of it, though: It still exists, but it's not his anymore. Mario and Luigi decided they'd be more comfortable inside their normal house (it reminded them more of their modest home in Brooklyn), and they formally moved in a week or so after the adventure, abandoning their old castle completely. And it was forgotten and just collected dust... until Mr Wario Wario himself came back to the castle for old times sake. When he noticed it was empty and nobody lived in it (meaning it's not theft), he got his stuff, moved into the abandoned castle, and slowly remodeled it into the castle seen in games like Wario World.

Nobody else remembers the castle. It's Wario's little secret, and it's all his. The only other person who knows about this is Waluigi (who half-lives in the castle; Wario considers the castle Waluigi's as well, and he lets him hang in the castle when he needs a place to sleep or is simply lonely, but Waluigi usually prefers a more modest living space much like the Mario Bros.)

TLDR: Mario's old castle and Wario's Castle are one in the same. The latter is just the former several years in the future after Wario took the castle for good.

Last edited:
My headcanon was that Mario simply gave the castle away and turned it into an affordable renting unit.

Wario is filthy rich from his totally legitimate business practices while Waluigi is living paycheck to paycheck in a scummy apartment, leeching off Wario whenever he can.

1-Up Mushrooms respawn you at certain checkpoints, while Life Shrooms resurrect you where you died.

Not really a headcanon, I suppose.

Someday there will be a canon 3D platformer where Bowser falls ill of a flu, and Junior steps up as temporary kidnapper, and imprisons all Mario, Luigi, and Peach. E.Gadd responds to the crisis with his time machine, summoning the Baby Bros. to rescue the heroes. With little to no explanation, the babies are far superior in athletic ability than their older counterparts, rivaling Junior. They get a Chain Chomp ally. The only catch is the babies are weaker than the adults, they have to deal double the hits to enemies.

Last edited:
Lavalava Island is Yoshi's island. Yes they call it a different place but it's filled with nothing but yoshi characters. It's redundant to pretend it's a different place.

Therefore in my mind it is yoshi's island.

Not sure if this has been said before, but I feel like Bowser Jr and most of the Koopalings are mostly not 100% evil and mostly antagonize Mario because A: Bowser makes them do so, and B: Entertainment value (jn the case of Roy), and would likely be relatively good people without Bowser's influence (some more than others). Lemmy is the only one that's fully pure, though, and he actually pretty much lets Mario win all their fights. (He really couldn't care less about this whole "evil" crap). The only naturally evil Koopalings are Ludwig and Roy (and the latter is pretty much "evil" in the same way high school/college jocks are. Ludwig might be more evil than Bowser tho)

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been said before, but I feel like Bowser Jr and most of the Koopalings are mostly not 100% evil and mostly antagonize Mario because A: Bowser makes them do so, and B: Entertainment value (jn the case of Roy), and would likely be decent-ish people without Bowser's influence (some more than others). Lemmy is the only one that's fully pure, though, and he actually pretty much lets Mario win all their fights. (He really couldn't care less about this whole "evil" crap). The only naturally evil Koopalings are Ludwig and Roy (and the latter is pretty much "evil" in the same way high school/college jocks are. Ludwig might be more evil than Bowser tho)
I think Iggy also isn't evil, just nuts. He annoys the other Koopalings with his screaming and harmful contraptions that frequently blow up.

Larry's the type who resent Mario though and wants to beat Mario at every sport or something.

Wendy also resents Mario because he's mean to Bowser and because Mario's super ugly.

Ludwig takes his job at being an enemy to Mario very seriously, and he considers himself a leader. He composes terrible music in his spare time.

Morton is just dumb and friendly, can even listen to Mario if Mario barks orders hard enough at him.

Lemmy isn't a threat to Mario but he likes to pick on those smaller than himself like a cocky 6-year old.

Roy treats the ladies better than the guys, so treats Peach way better than Mario, and he loves picking on the smaller Koopalings.

By the way I say Mario because they don't hold that strong of an opinion on Luigi except disliking him, but Mario's their prime target.

she straight up calls mario cute in color splash too lmao (also shes right)
anyway i def agree with these. i feel lemmy would be at least a lil excited to fight mario but will gladly befriend him too

Wendy didn't seem to think he was ugly in Paper Jam.
I don't consider that canon because the episode The Beauty of Kootie left such a horrible taste in my mouth that carries on here.

I mean, yeah, Mario's cute, but this is tiresome especially in the Paper Mario series.

Back