Your headcanons

Nossie

Dinosaur Land's greatest grape treader.
Peach is stronger than Bowser, that's why he relies on armies and trickery to abduct her. The M&L series & Sports series both fuel this thought process.

- she has magic/spirit enhancements to repel him (M&L)
- she is more athletic than him (Sports)
- she plays sports with him for fun (Sports)

ZelenPixel

[fangirls over one character for months straight]
more of the only headcanons i ever have
toads have spores as a sort of defense mechanism, coming out from lil pores on the bottom of their caps. the spores may irritate the skin of whoever got hit by them but generally theyre harmless. unless it got into your eyes or something
i have no explanation for the mushrooms that sprout sometimes from spores except for magic
also im not sure whether to classify toads as mammals or something else entirely. either way i think they just have particularly mushroom looking traits while still remaining in animalia. a ton of convergent evolution i guess
also also. their legs are just super stubby but theyre there

edit to not double post: tweeters are basically yi qi but evolved into what is essentially a big fluffy pigeon with bat wings. tweeters are also : Not Smart

Last edited:

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Then Yoshi is trans. I couldn't give 2 shits about a person being trans. I've fucked a trans person and it didn't bother me.

Doc von Schmeltwick

Perhaps AYE could be of assistance?!
Hm?

What I mean is that there would be no subconscious assigning of gender identity for a species without any biological impetus for that (ie separate sexes), meaning Yoshis wouldn't have separate genders because they wouldn't have....I don't wanna say the "capacity" for it, but something along those lines. Although it could very well be that Birdo only "thinks he's a girl" because Birdo's species also lacks separate sexes, meaning that they can't really be "boys" or "girls" by simple definition of that they are a single-sex species, and as such lack that sort of differentiation on the bottom line. Which would be less "transgender" and more "conscious adoption of a biologically-inapplicable gender."

LeftyGreenMario

Mushroom Kingdom's second greenest plumber
I feel a species that has lived alongside humans surely have established similar constructs like gender so I find it that explanation just a long route for a short path.

Nossie

Mario Kart is so plotless and casual fun with friends/rivals that in-universe the characters take turns on who gets to win the trophy (while the other racers act as challenges to overcome). They're all expert difficulty by nature but play easy for newby cup challengers.

Also in the manual for SMK it pretty much implies Lakitu is the creator of the event, so I also headcanon that that remains true for the rest of the MK series, he bands the kingdoms together while they're at a truce, with the help of citizens of every kingdom to make the courses and rules.

These 2 things also apply to every plotless Mario Sports game since Lakitu is always the coach/referee sometimes partnered with a Toad.

*edit*
Also I forget if I said this on an earlier page but canon Mario games are essentially Mario & often-Bowser playing the literal game of Capture the Flag, to decide a war. That's why enemies only need to tap Mario to defeat him, and vice versa, (t)he(y) got tagged.
This could explain why enemies are harder for M&L to defeat in M&L series (if we were to assume they're the same bros despite being a spin-off series), in M&L they're having truer fights instead of tagging.

The marioverse is very magic, and so the in-universe games effect the physics of the worlds.

Last edited:

Vivian

Shadow Siren
My headcannon: Wario is a creep, and Mario and Luigi are forced to be parents of themselves. :)babymario::babyluigi:) There's more to it, but no one wants to listen to it.
Somehow I ended up on an early page of this thread and. I love how badly the new site butchered this ( :babymario::babyluigi:)

Nossie

Hm?

What I mean is that there would be no subconscious assigning of gender identity for a species without any biological impetus for that (ie separate sexes), meaning Yoshis wouldn't have separate genders because they wouldn't have....I don't wanna say the "capacity" for it, but something along those lines. Although it could very well be that Birdo only "thinks he's a girl" because Birdo's species also lacks separate sexes, meaning that they can't really be "boys" or "girls" by simple definition of that they are a single-sex species, and as such lack that sort of differentiation on the bottom line. Which would be less "transgender" and more "conscious adoption of a biologically-inapplicable gender."
Fascinating take! I like & agree with this notion of adopted-gender. Although it bring my mind to an inquiry on the semantics of grammar here; like you said, Yoshi's as a species don't have gender, but Main Yoshi decided to go by he/him pronouns, as opposed to "they" or "it". With this in mind, we can assume Yoshi is neither trans nor cis!

but in one way of looking at it, *he did transition* from no-gender to "he", identity wise. But again it's a case scenario that's never happened IRL before, it would be like if a pet cat gained human sapience and decided she aligns with being a "girl" (note: despite pet owners assigning human genders to their animals, the animal has no actual recognition of human gender, and more likely assumes the words "good boy"/"bad boy" as title extensions of their personal names).

So really what I'm getting at is calling it adoptedgender or transgender are both valid in this hypothetic.

And yet for Yoshi's specifically, they could be cis as well if we were to say that the entire species goes by "he/him" at default, and that Birdo is trans because she decided to go by "she" as opposed to the default "he". But do we know that for a fact?

Doc von Schmeltwick

Perhaps AYE could be of assistance?!
Personally, I find "transgender" to be "subconscious gender assignment gone awry," ie a boy whose mind thinks he's a girl or vice-versa in the case of humans. Adopting gender would be caused by non-biological stimuli, ie non-binary and gender fluidity are not part of the ways human brains can subconsciously develop, but they still exist in nature and as such one can identify with them if they feel more similar to them. Basically, a vaguely similar thing, but not the same thing.

Cats do have separate "genders" by default, as there are different behaviors associated with males and females. For an asexual species to be a "he" or "she," they would need to adopt concepts from a species that does have actual males and females. As for the use of "he," it's a way to be generic for animals since "it" is considered rude in the case of sapient creatures (in fact it's the only pronoun I'd be annoyed if you called me by). Which might explain Birdo's description a bit more (even though that was clearly not the intent at the time).

Nossie

headcanon: the fabrics of the marioverse are infused with happiness chemicals (serotonin, dopamine, etc), creating the zany personalities, rubbery bounciness, and vibrances everybody loves