/ \ / \ \
Primareez nipper stu Terekuribo yoshi
/ \ / \ \ \ \ \
Vine-Gaull seedy pod muncher fireflower panser shy guy boo koopa
/ \
fuzzy pokey
/ /
tap-tap wiggler

I don't see how Wigglers are descended from Pokeys... or anything from Poinks.

Cranky Kong offers his services for a fee in order to pay his bills.

Luigi's death stare happened because there were no Luigi-themed tracks in Mario Kart 8.

Grunty Industries said:
Cranky Kong offers his services for a fee in order to pay his bills.

Pretty sure he actually says this or that they cut off his pension.

To me, I've always thought that the Super Mario Bros. Super Show explanation, that Mario and Luigi were in Brooklyn, but were sucked into a pipe during the events of Mario Bros., and taken to an alternate dimension, which was the Mushroom World.

Honestly, I feel Yoshi's Island is a bit of an anomaly with that, but I think that Yoshi's Island is, in fact, a completely uncharted island on Earth that creatures of the Mushroom World migrated into somehow.

Brooklyn doesn't have to be the one on Earth. There are a lot of places called Brooklyn, so why not Mushroom Kingdom get one too?

LeftyGreenMario said:
Brooklyn doesn't have to be the one on Earth. There are a lot of places called Brooklyn, so why not Mushroom Kingdom get one too?

Well, keep in mind, it's just my headcanon. It's not really a theory or anything.

Although it's equally possible there's a Brooklyn in the Mushroom Kingdom, most of the stuff in the MK tends to be restricted to this sort of mixture between medieval and modern, while the Brooklyn seen in the many shows looks nothing like the stuff I see in most most Mario media that takes place in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Why medieval? Monarchies don't equate medieval, though they aren't exactly the most common political form in modern society. And the Mario takes place in plenty of familiar city locations from Mushroom City to Toad Harbor to Big Ape City and Koopa's Tycoon Town. I think Brooklyn, New York would fit right in, just with a Mario flavor.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Why medieval? Monarchies don't equate medieval, though they aren't exactly the most common political form in modern society. And the Mario takes place in plenty of familiar city locations from Mushroom City to Toad Harbor to Big Ape City and Koopa's Tycoon Town. I think Brooklyn, New York would fit right in, just with a Mario flavor.

Well, it's possible, but the idea that Mario and Luigi are unlikely heroes make sense, as they're plumbers. I understand there's pipes everywhere, and somebody probably has to fix or clean those, but it still seems rather odd that plumbers would be fighting the Sorcerer King to save a princess.

Even though a Brooklyn in the Mushroom World is likely, sometimes the above must be considered.

Maybe rename it to Blocklyn

TheCapeLuigi said:
Well, it's possible, but the idea that Mario and Luigi are unlikely heroes make sense, as they're plumbers. I understand there's pipes everywhere, and somebody probably has to fix or clean those, but it still seems rather odd that plumbers would be fighting the Sorcerer King to save a princess.

Even though a Brooklyn in the Mushroom World is likely, sometimes the above must be considered.
They're super plumbers who happen to have quality traits heroes do, that's just what they are. Plumbers might sound mundane to us, but maybe Mushroom Kingdomians have a different attitude. And I don't think Nintendo set out to create that kind of strange scenario intentionally, just as how Mario's current design is merely from graphical limitations. I also think Mario is just inherently quirky (look how they play their soccer, heh), so the whole plumbers saving a princess from a giant turtle thing fits right in. They are cartoon characters, so I don't think it's odd in that kind of environment.

The brothers were born in the Mushroom Kingdom; their family moved to Brooklyn, New York, USA, Earth; the brothers get sucked into a pipe while plumbing; they end back up in Mushroom Kingdom.

Would it be so crazy to assume the pipe that brought them back there goes both ways?

The whole pipe thing really confuses me though.

Warp pipes can take you seemingly anywhere anyway as if they were wormholes or something. Why not to other planets?

It's not that. I just don't know how that pipe Mario and Luigi were sucked through didn't get any attention from the residents after all this time. Maybe it was inactive and appeared as an ordinary pipe, but got activated at the wrong moment and sucked Mario and Luigi in? And only Mario and Luigi and residents of the Mushroom Kingdom could use the pipes? But wouldn't the residents realize they're missing? Maybe that's not important.

LeftyGreenMario said:
It's not that. I just don't know how that pipe Mario and Luigi were sucked through didn't get any attention from the residents after all this time. Maybe it was inactive and appeared as an ordinary pipe, but got activated at the wrong moment and sucked Mario and Luigi in? And only Mario and Luigi and residents of the Mushroom Kingdom could use the pipes? But wouldn't the residents realize they're missing? Maybe that's not important.
Being born on whatever planet the Mushroom Kingdom is on gives the brothers a bit of the magic associated with them, such as using power-ups, stomping enemies to defeat them, etc. I consider Warp Pipes to be a part of this magic, and as such, an Earthling could not travel via Warp Pipe without being accompanied by someone from the other side.

The specific pipe was unused for a while during Mario's life in Brooklyn, but Donkey Kong (who was also born on Mushroom Kingdom's planet) went through it while trying to look for some bananas possibly (he's pretty stupid, let's face it), which is how he ended up in Brooklyn for the events of Donkey Kong. This is how Bowser found it and he launched an attack on Brooklyn, sending many turtles and crabs through the pipe. When Mario & Luigi went to stop it, which they did, they went into the pipe not knowing it would suck them in and take them to the Mushroom Kingdom. But it did.

And about "realizing they're missing", yeah the Brooklynites were aware they were missing. Mario & Luigi (and Pauline) are all presumed dead, and the brothers are regarded as heroes who gave their lives to save New York from the monstrous creatures.

LeftyGreenMario said:
One of the books says that the pipe connecting Earth and the Kingdom is located inside the plumbers' workshop. Assuming it's the only one, it could explain how nobody else stumbled upon it - the pipe's described as a near-straight shot down, so presumably there aren't any offshoots that anyone else might accidentally discover. The time it takes to reach the kingdom also isn't that long - they could definitely make it back in time by night, so the neighbours probably assume the bros are constantly on plumbing jobs.

Also, Mushroom Kingdom is under the surface of the Earth, and it takes about three minutes of freefalling to get there. These books are a goldmine of information.

The most awesome thing is that the recently rediscovered "Perfect Edition of the Great Mario Character Encyclopedia", a Japanese book published in 1994 by Shogakukan, so before Yoshi's Island, states that Mario & Luigi come from Italy...

The Thwomp that is locked behind bars in Bowser's Castle refused to flatten racers, hence why he is inside there in the first place.

MAIN SERIES- NEW TO MARIOBOARDS
+SM64 DS: Something very horrible happened in the white room near Snowman's Land painting a very long time ago.

PAPER MARIO RELATED- NEW TO MARIOBOARDS
+SPM: The Underwhere is connected not just to the Paper universe, but to all Mario universes.
++(Spin-off related] The 1993 movie version of King Koopa is kept somewhere deep within the Underwhere.

PAPER MARIO RELATED- REPOSTED FROM REDDIT
+TTYD: The seventh Crystal Star, the...Crystal Star...was originally hidden in the room where the X-Naut Fortress teleporter is.
+SPM: The Shadow Queen used to rule the Underwhere before Jaydes did. Why she left for Mario's world, I don't know.
+PJ: The Paper Goomba is the same one who betrayed Luigi to Nastasia in Super Paper Mario. Helping this is the fact the Paper Goomba and Paper Luigi never meet during Paper Jam.
+CS: Black Bowser was not the first time a Black Paint entity was created. This original entity was why Huey was built.
+CS: There's more unknown requirement(s) to creating a Black Paint entity than just "mixing the paint". Somehow, Bowser fit this/these requirement(s). As a new addendum as to what this requirement was, it had something to do with the Gold Royal Sticker's residual energy.

TyrorexDMZ said:
+SM64 DS: Something very horrible happened in the white room near Snowman's Land painting a very long time ago.
I, for one, would love to investigate. I really think that horrifying portrait just outside the white room has something to do with it.

LeftyGreenMario said:
TyrorexDMZ said:
I, for one, would love to investigate. I really think that horrifying portrait just outside the white room has something to do with it.
Is this another one of your popular jabs at Wario?

Re: What's Up in the Mushroom Kingdom?

Well... from what i hear some grumpy toad has move into toad village not much is kinda known about him except...well...... he's a jerk :-\

but how should i know? i don't live there :P

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is set in the same universe as Mario (and by extension, Wario, Donkey Kong, Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, and Punch-Out).

Back