Your headcanons

"Ignorance is Bliss" is A+, but the entirety of the White Knuckle Scorin' album/comic is great fun. All the men are dumb pervs, while Peach is competent and saves herself for the most part. And the song choices are hella amusing.

I've been listening to ''Ignorance is bliss'' all day. I'll have to find the comic and play the soundtrack alongside it.

My cousin thinks Wendy is Bowser Junior's mother since she's the only female Koopa.

I still think he's Bowser's clone.

Does that make Bowser jr Mini-me?

I used to think that the minigame in Mario Party DS with the Whomps (was it called Whomp-a-thon?) actually killed the chacacters and that the holes in the ground were blood splats... :eek:

RandomDSPlayer said:
I used to think that the minigame in Mario Party DS with the Whomps (was it called Whomp-a-thon?) actually killed the chacacters and that the holes in the ground were blood splats... :eek:
That sounds so friggin hilarious. Why haven't I thought about that before?

I always disliked how Yoshi's Island completely confuddled the Marios' Brooklyn backstory by saying they were born in the Mushroom Kingdom so I made up my own story to make sense of it.

Basically, Mario's father was a New York plumber who stumbled upon the Mushroom Kingdom while fixing some pipes in an abandoned cabin. He was so enamored by what he saw there that he eventually moved to the Mushroom Kingdom with his wife, and the Marios were born. But soon after the stork's arrival, the Mushroom Kingdom went under a cataclysmic raid by King Koopa's father. The Marios' parents, realizing the kingdom was too dangerous for their newborn children, went back in the pipe and entrusted the babies to their downtown-dwelling New York Italian relatives. They then went back to assist in the Mushroom Kingdom war effort but were ultimately killed in the end. However, Mario's biological parents' deaths were not in vain and the war was won. Mario would later grow up to unknowingly adopt the same profession as his father, and would triumph over the same Koopa family that once brought havoc to his family. And all of this completely unknowingly.

..That's what I tell myself to make sense of it. :p I figured Nintendo had never published an explanation like this because of its serious and violent overtones. Still, it certainly adds an entirely new layer of conviction and vengeance to Mario and Luigi's just fight.

I think Yoshi's Island can still work with the arcade games that take place in Brooklyn.

Obviously the babies were born in the Mushroom Kingdom, but later moved to Brooklyn.

No it's clearly called Dinohattan.

Nah, it's the Brooklyn borough of Big Ape City on Donkey Kong Island. Dinohatten's across the bridge.

My headcanon is that they were born in Brooklyn, sent to be adopted by a Mushroom Kingdom couple via magical stork that same night (since their birth mother didn't want them / couldn't keep them for one reason or another), but then the parents moved the family away from the Mushroom Kingdom to raise the kids in Brooklyn (coincidentally) after baby nappings and alien invasions convinced them it was too dangerous on the mainland.

One headcanon I have is that Mario's suits (Tanooki, Cat, Penguin, etc.) are magically infused suits. He can control his tail, his fur keeps him warm, he can move his ears, but they're also simultaneously a suit. If someone asks Mario how exactly that works, he's probably going to go "Why don't you ask more interesting questions, like how or why I'm the most famous hero in Mushroom Kingdom?".

I think I've said this before, but Mario's an asexual and perhaps hetero-romantic. But again, most "kid-friendly" characters would be asexuals anyway.

I always assumed the suits were magic.

Mario Party Δ said:
If someone asks Mario how exactly that works, he's probably going to go "Why don't you ask more interesting questions, like how or why I'm the most famous hero in Mushroom Kingdom?".
Personally, my answer would be "How does anything in this world work?"

J-Yoshi64 said:
Mario Party Δ said:
If someone asks Mario how exactly that works, he's probably going to go "Why don't you ask more interesting questions, like how or why I'm the most famous hero in Mushroom Kingdom?".
"What do you mean? The physics and all are pretty well-understood by our finest scientists!"

Mario Party Δ said:
J-Yoshi64 said:
Mario Party Δ said:
"What do you mean? The physics and all are pretty well-understood by our finest scientists!"
The answer is magic.

Magic doesn't exist. Mushroom Kingdom has it all explained in their books.

J-Yoshi64 said:
Magikoopas use magic, and only a few characters actually read those books.
Well, you think it's magic, but as I said, it's all in the books. Mushroom Kingdom's finest scientists have read the book, they know it's stupid to say it's magic.

My momma always says magic is as magic does.

Back