Your headcanons

Striker Mario said:
Yeah, just a fun thought, right? Still makes for an interesting conversation. But my headcanon that it's just some disease/condition Luigi got when in the Pi'illo region still kind of stands.
Yeah, if only it was a bit more specific! I actually had someone in my Skype chat that's dedicated to Mario discussions say something about Luigi being a reincarnated Pi'illo, which was...interesting lol

I think the more appropriate term for headcanon would be "biromantic". You don't really know any Mario character's sexuality if you're gonna be really technical with that.... :shifty: Anyway, Luigi being bi would work. Me, I just depict them with romantic feelings towards women in general. Mario has romantic feelings toward Peach, Rosalina, Pauline, and even Toadette. Luigi has it toward Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina. Neither are actually in a full-fledged romantic relationship, partially because I myself never got engaged in one, so I don't know how it would feel like.
Well, I think he's both, personally, but - I mean, to keep it E-rated, yeah, biromantic is the big thing. (Although, straight attraction is shown in media, so I mean, you never know?? I don't know. Attraction is confusing.) As for them both crushing on women, ha, that's kind of funny. In Mario's case, I never really saw him as being all that interested in Rosalina and Toadette, since he never makes any inclinations that he is; but for Peach and Pauline, I could definitely buy it. But hey, I never really paid as much attention to romance within the Mario series because I'm way too busy constantly thinking about how Mario and Luigi are cute brothers, so it's not as if I can definitively say it isn't plausible.

Another headcanon I saw floating around which was brought about by a video (which was by the same person who said that Subcon revealed Mario's feelings for Luigi, Peach, and Toad, and how deeply he cares about them because dream interpretation and stuff like that) is Luigi potentially having a sort of separation anxiety as a result of what happened when he was abducted by Kamek. I don't think, if it is there, it's particularly intense as Luigi has shown to manage on his own, but I'm sure he at least worries about Mario when he's out on his adventures, even if I don't have any canonical evidence to really back that up other than Luigi's diary in Paper Mario saying that he misses Mario.

Mine is that all the "human" Mario characters are actually humanoid aliens.

ルイージ said:
So my posts are still contributing, I also commonly depict Luigi as being bisexual. I don't have any substantiated evidence for this one, it just feels more right to me.
I think the more appropriate term for headcanon would be "biromantic". You don't really know any Mario character's sexuality if you're gonna be really technical with that.... :shifty: Anyway, Luigi being bi would work. Me, I just depict them with romantic feelings towards women in general. Mario has romantic feelings toward Peach, Rosalina, Pauline, and even Toadette. Luigi has it toward Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina. Neither are actually in a full-fledged romantic relationship, partially because I myself never got engaged in one, so I don't know how it would feel like.
Well, I think he's both, personally, but - I mean, to keep it E-rated, yeah, biromantic is the big thing. (Although, straight attraction is shown in media, so I mean, you never know?? I don't know. Attraction is confusing.) As for them both crushing on women, ha, that's kind of funny. In Mario's case, I never really saw him as being all that interested in Rosalina and Toadette, since he never makes any inclinations that he is; but for Peach and Pauline, I could definitely buy it. But hey, I never really paid as much attention to romance within the Mario series because I'm way too busy constantly thinking about how Mario and Luigi are cute brothers, so it's not as if I can definitively say it isn't plausible.
I also think of him as bi in my headcanon. He's pretty cool with wearing dresses and isn't a real testosterone kinda guy, which, granted, aren't LGBT exclusive traits, but still; it's also easy to read foe yay into him and Dimentio or even Waluigi, but Luigi x Peasley is my OTP. And then of course he's also had crushes on Peach, Rosalina and Eclair, and a less fleeting relationship of some sort with Daisy - which is cute in its own right, but idk, I feel like it wouldn't work out in the long run, and I kinda like her with Waluigi more these days.

For Mario, my headcanon is that Peach was a crush at first, but never sexual, and then it became more going through the motions / "everyone expects us to be in love so I guess we are" / type of love confusion (thinking it's romantic, when the devotion is just friendship and loyalty), from Mario's POV at least. Then he's simply oblivious to how half the ladies around him seem to crush on him at one point or another. Romantically, I pair him up with Pauline - first girl wins.

If Bowser ever won the enslaved populace would be spending most of their time building Bowser statues and other things while slowly converting the entire world into darkland.

Luigi being bisexual is possible, but thinking about it now, he might also just be gay. Part of that is because of how malleable Mario characters are in general, but the homosexual approach makes for an interesting character study.

In the olden days, Luigi has been depicted as having a crush on Peach just like his brother has. I think there was never anything to that, though. He might have been in the closet at that point in time, and trying to emulate his brother more. Like, maybe Mario, being the classy ladies-man that he is, made an off-hand comment about Peach's shapely bum, and Luigi was just awkwardly going along with it to fit in.

As for Daisy, it's possible they're just friends. Like, I could totally buy Daisy having a crush on Luigi, but vice versa... I don't know. He never really seems to acknowledge her as his love interest, so maybe they're just buddies who happen to be opposite genders.

Then you take a look at Superstar Saga, and here things get interesting. Like, I look at all the interactions he has with Prince Peasley, and what I see is a tale of two budding lovers who keep teasing and hitting on each other. Moreso than any other characters in the franchise even.

So yeah. Luigi. Might be bisexual, might also just be homosexual with a troubled coming-out phase. Who knows?

Photography Raptor said:
Luigi being bisexual is possible, but thinking about it now, he might also just be gay. Part of that is because of how malleable Mario characters are in general, but the homosexual approach makes for an interesting character study.

In the olden days, Luigi has been depicted as having a crush on Peach just like his brother has. I think there was never anything to that, though. He might have been in the closet at that point in time, and trying to emulate his brother more. Like, maybe Mario, being the classy ladies-man that he is, made an off-hand comment about Peach's shapely bum, and Luigi was just awkwardly going along with it to fit in.

As for Daisy, it's possible they're just friends. Like, I could totally buy Daisy having a crush on Luigi, but vice versa... I don't know. He never really seems to acknowledge her as his love interest, so maybe they're just buddies who happen to be opposite genders.

Then you take a look at Superstar Saga, and here things get interesting. Like, I look at all the interactions he has with Prince Peasley, and what I see is a tale of two budding lovers who keep teasing and hitting on each other. Moreso than any other characters in the franchise even.

So yeah. Luigi. Might be bisexual, might also just be homosexual with a troubled coming-out phase. Who knows?

This is possible, but
In Paper Jam it is shown that Luigi is swooning over Paper Peach's voice. I actually thought his crush died before the game's release, but apparently not?

Still, it's pretty interesting to consider! I've seen some fan fictions portray him that way. It might be hard for him to come to terms with it if his brother is 100% heterosexual, too, considering he really likes to take after Mario and looks up to him.

He was also head over heels just from hearing Princess Eclair's voice in TTYD - which could also help indicate he's bi, or maybe that he's got a thing for lady voices in general.

I'd be cool with him being gay and just hasn't figured it out yet, but I still think he's bi - but maybe closer to gay than straight, seeing as all his crushes on women seem very shallow, Daisy included. To me, it's most interesting to have characters positioned at intermediate points within the sliding scale rather than at one end or the other or smack dab in the middle, and then having to figure out that the conflicting attractions don't have to conflict, but instead make an equilibrium. Plus I picture Peasley as totally gay already, so it's nice to think of a different orientation getting represented by Luigi.

Either way, him being conflicted due to wanting to be like Mario is an interesting thought too. I can totally picture Luigi being really nervous about what he'd think, or about what others would think - but then for his part, I think Mario would shrug and be like "Okey dokey. I had a feeling after we-a visited the Beanbean Kingdom anyway - and that nice-a Prince you liked-a so much, hmm? Now let's go and have some-a pasta: I'm-a famished."

Toadsworth was killed in an unfortunate incident involving a radish.

I also think Toadsworth died, but in a moustache grooming accident. And as he died, he said "OH NO! YADDABLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH!"

Walkazo said:
He was also head over heels just from hearing Princess Eclair's voice in TTYD - which could also help indicate he's bi, or maybe that he's got a thing for lady voices in general.

I'd be cool with him being gay and just hasn't figured it out yet, but I still think he's bi - but maybe closer to gay than straight, seeing as all his crushes on women seem very shallow, Daisy included. To me, it's most interesting to have characters positioned at intermediate points within the sliding scale rather than at one end or the other or smack dab in the middle, and then having to figure out that the conflicting attractions don't have to conflict, but instead make an equilibrium. Plus I picture Peasley as totally gay already, so it's nice to think of a different orientation getting represented by Luigi.

Either way, him being conflicted due to wanting to be like Mario is an interesting thought too. I can totally picture Luigi being really nervous about what he'd think, or about what others would think - but then for his part, I think Mario would shrug and be like "Okey dokey. I had a feeling after we-a visited the Beanbean Kingdom anyway - and that nice-a Prince you liked-a so much, hmm? Now let's go and have some-a pasta: I'm-a famished."

Well, maybe he does have a thing for lady voices. After all, he's able to pull off a perfect imitation of Peach's voice in Superstar Saga! Has he been practicing?

Also, I absolutely agree with the whole being more toward one end of the scale than the other but not completely being on that side of the scale. I'm not a Luigi/Peasley fan, but even I have to admit that how Luigi behaved with Peasley was...something, all right. Definitely not the most platonic behavior I've ever seen, haha.

I doubt Mario would have been bothered at all either way, considering the kind of guy he is, but anxiety isn't always a rational thing! Even though we know Mario would not care whatsoever, Luigi could be consumed with the idea of wanting to impress his bro and not let him down, and considering the social stigma surrounding any orientation other than straight, he could worry that that would let his brother down and decide to try to hide it from him for a while, even though it's pretty blatantly apparent.

Bowser disowned the koopalings after he named jr his heir.

what's wrong with communism?

The Koopalings are related to Bowser but they and Bowser Jr. don't have a mother; they were created through magic (like almost everything else in the Mario universe)... extreme paradox?

Bowser spends mosts of his money on castle construction.

Reading a conversation debating a freaking Mario character's sexuality just made me regret having opened this thread... Just wtf...

They're all asexuals tho.

The concept of sex doesn't exist in a kid-friendly universe.

as long as you accept that motley bossblob identifies as agender, and lemmy koopa, who is trans, struggled through childhood to be accepted by the other koopalings and bowser

In addition to gaining the abilities of a cat when using the Super Bell, the wielder will also slowly begin to adapt feline characteristics and begin to believe that they're literally a cat if they have had lengthy exposure to the bell.

Back