Your headcanons

How the Yandere Simulator do you know where Bowser's Castle is? DX

In darkland, 8 miles east of peach's castle.

The "worlds" are different biomes.

World 1 is in the centre and has many different weather conditions since the other worlds surround it. It is mostly grassy but has a few hills that are covered with colourful flowers, giving them distinctive patterns. Part of it ties in with the World 4 ocean, which Dinosaur Land is in the middle of. Both Peach's Castle and Toad Town are somewhere in there.

World 2 is a flat, barren, desert-like world. It hardly ever gets rain, but when it does, huge mushrooms grow there, making it a popular tourist attraction. The mushrooms occasionally spread to World 1, but since World 2 is so dry, they quickly shrivel up. World 2 is also home to some interesting wildlife, such as Spike Tops, Spinies and Pokeys.

World 3 is a snowy, mountainous world. Many Toads go on expeditions in the beautiful ice caves, while others simply stop by for a tour. Some Toads even live there, but they have to be very cautious about Ice Bros. and other possible hazards. From this world, Peach's Castle can be seen as well as Toad Town.

World 4 is a tropical world with a lot of rain as well as sun. Many tourists come to this world to see the lovely beaches and interesting fish. However, at night many Boos haunt the hotels, so visitors are advised to be vigilant. Some Toads live there but they make sure to bring a Poltergust 3000 when they go out at night.

Contrary to popular opinion, World 5 is NOT a rainforest. It is in fact a regular wood that has been rendered somewhat abandoned after the destruction of the World 5 Power Plant caused the rivers to run purple with poison and the fact that carbon monoxide is absolutely everywhere. Mario, however, comes straight back to life when he dies, so he's fine. The few species residing there have mutated e.g. Piranha Plants ---> Stalking Piranhas.

World 6 is where extreme sports happen and there are amazing mountain pathways. It is a quite dangerous area due to being in between World 5 and World 8, but many Toads aren't put off by this and continue to visit to do rock climbing, abseiling and many other climbing activities such as caving. During the winter, the Ice Ice Outpost opens and is used to provide delicious snow cones. Ice climbing can also be done there.

World 7 is a huge cloud that circles above all the other worlds. Rain constantly pumps out of it, meaning whichever world it's over, rain will fall. The World 6 Railway is the only way to access it since it is so high up and other means, such as hot air balloons and airships, are illegal. Spinies are common here despite them being native to World 2. Since Lakitus breed them, they have been brought to this world.

World 8, otherwise known as Dark Land, is the second most unpopular world, after World 5. It is the home of King Bowser Koopa and his family. Occasionally, Bowser will open it to allow Toads to visit his theme park, Dark Land Land. The rivers and lakes are all lava and sometimes poisoned air from World 5 will flow in via World 6.

The dancing Mushrooms in New Super Mario Bros. athletic levels are actually demonic beings. Same thing with the dancing coins and blocks.

Threek said:
so the bahs are demonic chanting?
Yeah, they probably are.

Explains their increased prevalence in New Super Mario Bros. 2.

The koopalings are Bowser's imperfect attempts to clone himself and Junior was created when his cloning procedure was perfected.

And with the Paper Jam announcement, my theory of each series of Mario games being separate universes has been more or less confirmed.

Mario Party Δ said:
Threek said:
so the bahs are demonic chanting?
Yeah, they probably are.

Explains their increased prevalence in New Super Mario Bros. 2.
This is some funny stuff here, but it makes sense.

Doraemon said:
The koopalings are Bowser's imperfect attempts to clone himself and Junior was created when his cloning procedure was perfected.
I've heard a theory like this before.

I believe that whoever Mario and Luigi's father is (quite possibly Jumpman, but that's a theory for another day) was a hero in the Mushroom Kingdom as well. It would explain why the Baby Mario Bros. were able to visit Peach's Castle at the beginning of Partners in Time.

1. Kart races (as well as the other sports games) are hosted by Princess Peach for entertainment every year or so during times of peace in the Mushroom Kingdom, but I wouldn't nesecarily say that EVERY playable character in the games actually takes part in every installment of those games they are playable in. For instance, my own explanation for Mario Kart Wii is that Rosalina took part in a karting tournament just after the events of Super Mario Galaxy as a way of saying thank you (before going on her merry way in the Observatory to resume her duties watching the stars), whereas if Bowser ever did any karting, it was his own knock-off sanctioned event he put on with his Koopa Troop, and nothing to do with the Cups (supposedly the Bowser's Castle tracks).

2. The Paper Mario games are simply an animation of Mario's adventures done in pop-up book form. Mario was never actually paper, and the "curses" simply allowed him to temporarily use special powers such as flight. The Paper Mario that will appear in the upcoming M&L game is likely just a cut-out brought to life from one of those paper storybooks that had since been published.

3. The characters don't actually say their famous catchphrases quite as much as they do in the games. For instance Mario may have said 'Here we go!" after collecting a star every now and then in Super Mario 64, but he didn't say it all 120 times obviously. They also actually talked a lot more in their actual adventures than in the games (except where it's subtitled).

4. US SMB2 did not actually happen at all, as it was a knock-off of Doki Doki Panic and took place in the dream-world Sub Con.

Captain Toad is THE toad in my headcanon.

The toad brigade are made of the same toads that you play as in NSMB Wii & U as well as the ones that were in sunshine.

Let's face it: an invitation was made for Bowser Jr. to participate in the Mario Kart 8 tournament, but since the mailman (not-paper Parakarry?) only heard that the recipient was "Bowser's son" and didn't know about the retcon/disinheritance he delivered to the wrong children.

Waluigi didn't participate in Mario Kart 7 because in Mario Kart Wii, he's primarily responsible for the hack-friendly environment so they banned him for one Mario Kart generation.

Oh yeah.

That would be neat, although I personally just see Mario and Peach as a chastity couple. They love each other, but they don't go past kissing, so I couldn't really see them having kids (although one of my headcanon timelines has them raising the Baby Mario Bros).

Dark ProtoMan said:
Magikrazy said:
First? Was there more?

In my headcanon, yes. Also, whose to say Mario and Peach can't have a holy matrimony and have a family.
You know the only ones who will marry are Bowser and Peach, because Bowser truly love Peach (except when she partners with Mario and Co. and the latters hurt Bowser Jr.) and because Bowser Jr. badly wants Peach to be his mother.

In Super Mario Bros., it's a different Toad in each castle, which makes all the hate on THE Toad for the infamous line pointless.

Yoshi and Red Yoshi are major rivals. Woolly World was them trying to out shine the other

I pretty much skimmed this thread but I'm pretty sure nobody has posted this headcanon yet (plus it says share your headcanons so it's not like I can't restate one anyway).

I don't stick to one particular headcanon because I like to play around a bit, but there's one thought that I've had for a long time ever since Dream Team's release that's been impossible to get outside my head. I think it was a pretty good idea, so I'd like to know what you guys think. (I'll post my other headcanons later but this one deserves a post all on its own.)

Now for the idea: Luigi is suffering from narcolepsy. I'll be taking some text from the National Sleep Foundation's website in order to substantiate what this might mean and what made me think this idea.

According to the website: "Narcolepsy is a neurological disorder caused by the brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally. The main features of narcolepsy are fatigue and cataplexy. The disease is also often associated with sudden sleep attacks, insomnia, dream-like hallucinations, and a condition called sleep paralysis. Its prevalence in the developed world is approximately the same as that of multiple sclerosis or Parkinson's disease. However, with increased public education about narcolepsy and physician training in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders, these figures are expected to rise."

It's this bit that made me think that Luigi in particular had it: "In order to understand the basics of narcolepsy, it is important to first review the features of "normal sleep." Sleep happens in cycles. When we fall asleep, we initially enter a light stage of sleep and then progress into increasingly deeper stages. Both light and deep sleep stages are called non-REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. After about 90 minutes, we enter the first stage of REM sleep, which is the dreaming portion of sleep, and throughout the night we alternate between stages of REM and non-REM sleep. For people with narcolepsy, sleep begins almost immediately with REM sleep and fragments of REM occur involuntarily throughout the waking hours."

In Dream Team, Luigi shows a rather unique property for falling asleep on Pi'illos. When he falls asleep, he dreams immediately, and that opens the portal - in other words, much like the description for narcolepsy, he enters REM sleep right away. This is something that's unique to Luigi, too, as the game takes the time to compare his sleep-cycle to Mario's. Mario tries to fall asleep on the Pi'illo fast enough for the portal to open, but he doesn't fall into a deep sleep soon enough, nor into REM sleep, which makes sense as it normally takes us 90 minutes to enter the first stage of REM sleep. As a result, even in-universe Luigi's sleep-cycle is abnormal, since Mario more closely represents how humans sleep in the real world. There's also the fact that Luigi is able to fall asleep in several places, and has, on multiple occasions, fallen asleep in areas in which it would be inappropriate to do so (one such area, for example, is in the meeting-room in Bowser's Inside Story; heck, in that game he's late because he overslept...or perhaps he suffered from sleep paralysis and Mario just wasn't aware? who knows, though it would explain why he's still putting on his clothes when he enters the meeting-room). These are all considered symptoms of narcolepsy and suggest that it's probable that he has it. One interesting thing to mention is that this kind of sleep cycle is normal for Pi'illos, as Prince Dreambert makes the remark that Luigi's sleep cycle lines up with the sleep cycle of the Pi'illo race uniquely.

Should this to be true, it means some unfortunate things for poor little Luigi, since these are the symptoms according to the text:

• Excessive daytime sleepiness - this is usually the first symptom to appear in people who have narcolepsy. Unless they're being treated for the disorder, the need to sleep can be overwhelming for narcolepsy patients: someone who has narcolepsy is prone to falling asleep while engaged in conversation, driving, eating dinner, or at other inappropriate times. The sleepiness occurs in spite of a full night's sleep and may persist throughout the day.
  • Cataplexy - cataplexy is a sudden loss of muscle tone, usually triggered by emotional stimuli such as laughter, surprise, or anger. It may involve all muscles and result in collapse. It may only affect certain muscle groups and result in slurred speech, buckling of the knees, or weakness in the arms. Consciousness is maintained throughout the episode but the patient is usually unable to speak.
  • Hypnogogic hallucinations - during transition from wakefulness to sleep, the patient has bizarre, often frightening dream-like experiences that incorporate his or her real environment.
  • Sleep paralysis – a temporary inability to move during sleep-wake transitions. Sleep paralysis may last for a few seconds to several minutes and may accompany hypnagogic hallucinations.
  • Disturbed nocturnal sleep – waking up repeatedly throughout the night.
  • Leg jerks, nightmares, and restlessness.

In which case, it would add to his anxiety, and quite possibly be a reason that, in some games, he's been left behind, as this can really sabotage someone's welfare if left unchecked. Whether or not Mario is aware this plagues his little brother is unknown, since narcolepsy can go on for years without treatment simply because daytime sleepiness is the most prominent symptom and considered to be a normal part of life with most people.

...but that's just a theory. A GAME THEORY! Thanks for reading!

I always thought Luigi was afflicted with some rare disease/temporary ability that allows him to sleep and open dream portals in mere seconds since Luigi doesn't suddenly nod off in games where he's playable in. If Luigi had narcolepsy, he would have a lot of trouble behind the wheel, just as with people with narcolepsy in real life. Luigi also doesn't appear very sleepy to me, and I can't imagine Luigi being the type where he'd hide his true feelings especially compared to Mario.

Striker Mario said:
I always thought Luigi was afflicted with some rare disease/temporary ability that allows him to sleep and open dream portals in mere seconds since Luigi doesn't suddenly nod off in games where he's playable in. If Luigi had narcolepsy, he would have a lot of trouble behind the wheel, just as with people with narcolepsy in real life. Luigi also doesn't appear very sleepy to me, and I can't imagine Luigi being the type where he'd hide his true feelings especially compared to Mario.

Yeah, that's the biggest inconsistency - the fact that he doesn't show it in other games. I also can't imagine that Mario wouldn't have known about it.

It was more an idea that hit me based on what I saw from Dream Team! I do think there's a lot going for it, but I really can't find any reason why he can participate in sports and kart racing. Unless, of course, he's already getting treated for it? Still, fun thoughts!

So my posts are still contributing, I also commonly depict Luigi as being bisexual. I don't have any substantiated evidence for this one, it just feels more right to me.

Yeah, just a fun thought, right? Still makes for an interesting conversation. But my headcanon that it's just some disease/condition Luigi got when in the Pi'illo region still kind of stands.

I think the more appropriate term for headcanon would be "biromantic". You don't really know any Mario character's sexuality if you're gonna be really technical with that.... :shifty: Anyway, Luigi being bi would work. Me, I just depict them with romantic feelings towards women in general. Mario has romantic feelings toward Peach, Rosalina, Pauline, and even Toadette. Luigi has it toward Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina. Neither are actually in a full-fledged romantic relationship, partially because I myself never got engaged in one, so I don't know how it would feel like.

Back