Your headcanons

When I was about 7, I imagined Mario and Luigi having a lime green dog companion named Limeade. YES, REALLY. That was even more than 5 years before I acknowledged the existence of the Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach movie.

Limeade was my favorite juice when I was little.

Donkey Kong Jr. is set before Donkey Kong.

Donkey Kong was abducted by Mario and brought him to the city, which implied to be New Donk City. Stage 3 was set in the NDC's underground power plant, and Stage 4 was set in the theater at K. Rool Avenue.

Donkey Kong Jr. freed Donkey Kong, resulted to DK kidnapping the city's mayor and took her to the top of the City Hall, which was under construction. Thus, "terrible event" happened.

(basically similar to the plot of King Kong)

Though Pauline says in Mario Odyssey that her kidnapping helped her personality grow to become mayor. She wasn’t the mayor at that time. So perhaps DK just went for Mario's ex.

Mr. Saltman said:
Goombas reproduce by splitting in two.

Why else do the big ones split into 2 small ones when you stomp them?
Goombas are cells. They are split into two, caused by mitosis. Thus, the Big Goombas are created by meiosis.

I am one of the few people who believe that SMG1 takes place before SMG2, and I actually devised some big theory to prove it.

On my user page, I also have a theory about what happened to Larry Koopa in Paper Jam.

Winged Yoshi said:
Mr. Saltman said:
Goombas reproduce by splitting in two.

Why else do the big ones split into 2 small ones when you stomp them?
Goombas are cells. They are split into two, caused by mitosis. Thus, the Big Goombas are created by meiosis.

If goombas are cells, shouldn't they be inside another organism?

Uhh, have you heard about single-cell organisms? :P

Well, all organisms are made of cells. If there is only one cell, then...?

Then it's a cell inside something else, not only a cell :P.

You can't call planktons cells. The dudes have a single cell inside but they're not cells themselves.

Err, plankton isn't defined by their biological makeup, but their ecological role. Plankton can include bacteria (which are cells) archaea, algae, protozoa (which is a group that defies categorization btw) and even animals (which are multicellular)

Easter Yoshi said:
I am one of the few people who believe that SMG1 takes place before SMG2, and I actually devised some big theory to prove it.
Wait, people think SMG1 doesn't take place before SMG2?

Plague Knight said:
Easter Yoshi said:
Wait, people think SMG1 doesn't take place before SMG2?
Most people think that they are just alternate canons, which makes sense. But I could tell you my theory, if you want... [size=8pt]You will be scratching your head in confusion when I’m done—it’s a pretty crazy theory.

Easter Yoshi said:
Most people think that they are just alternate canons, which makes sense. But I could tell you my theory, if you want... [size=8pt]You will be scratching your head in confusion when I’m done—it’s a pretty crazy theory.
Go ahead.

OK, here I go...
THE LOGIC
We all know that, logically, Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser would have to be over 100 years old (and still be physically fit) in order for SMG2 to have happened after SMG1. But the theory you’re about to see defies this logic like no other theory does. What you’re about to see...is the craziest theory in the entire universe...no, the entire multiverse!

DISCLAIMER
This theory is based on the most confusing cutscene in Mario history. If you don’t understand it, that makes sense. If there is a problem with my theory, it’s likely because I misinterpreted this cutscene. Please let me know if you think I have something wrong.

THE FACTS
First I will explain the cutscene, and then the theory.

Mario/Luigi collects the seventh Grand Star and dances around it with Peach. Meanwhile, Bowser is still on his new galaxy reactor.

“No! My galaxy! My empire! This can’t be happening!”

His galaxy reactor then collapses on itself and becomes a black hole. Mario/Luigi sees Peach, Bowser, the Comet Observatory, Peach’s Castle...everything get sucked into that black hole. In short, he has just seen the death of Peach and Bowser, and knows that the same thing is about to happen to him. Then Luma leaves Mario’s/Luigi’s cap, waves goodbye, and rushes to the black hole with the other Lumas. Every last one of them died in the black hole, but their sacrifice turned it into a portal to an alternate dimension. While in the portal, Rosalina tells Mario/Luigi what is happening:

“Do you hear the baby stars? These newborns will grow up to become galaxies someday. When stars die, they turn to stardust and scatter across the cosmos. Eventually, that stardust reforms to create a new star... And so the cycle of life continues. But the cycle never repeats itself in quite the same way.... So...you'll see.”

Then Mario/Luigi ends up in a new version of the Mushroom Kingdom. Peach and Bowser are also there, but have no clue what just happened. Rosalina sees them, and comments:

“Yes... All new life... Carries the essence of stars... Even all of you...”

Seeing Rosalina’s glow, Mario/Luigi exclaims, “Welcome! Welcome, new galaxy!” The credits roll.

In SMG2, the story seems to replace that of SMG1. However, the intro has some slight differences, and the ending is far different.

THE THEORY
This is where the REAL craziness starts...

When Mario/Luigi arrives in the parallel universe, he is not seeing a resurrected Peach and a resurrected Bowser; no, he is seeing the Peach and Bowser of that universe. Mario, Luigi, and Rosalina are the only ones with any memory of the events of SMG1, as they are the only ones who went through the portal.

The new universe had not yet held the Star Festival, as the Comet Observatory had not yet passed over Earth in this new universe. So it all starts over: Peach invites Mario for cake, and Bowser harnesses the power of the Grand Stars (six this time, though, not seven).

And what about Grand Finale Galaxy? That’s simple: you’re playing through the intro of SMG2, although slightly changed!

And what about the seventh Grand Star that is absent from SMG2? No one knows for sure. Some think Rosalina still has it. Some think it was destroyed in the black hole. Still others think it never made it to the new universe. But I believe this simple explanation: there are thirteen Grand Stars, and the ones from SMG2 are different from the ones in SMG1.

THE EVIDENCE
  • Peach and Bowser could not have survived the black hole. Bowser was on the galaxy reactor when it collapsed, and Peach did not go through the portal.
  • The new Peach and the new Bowser cannot possibly know what happened in the old universe.
  • A portal could not have resurrected the old Peach and Bowser.
  • It was outright obvious that Mario, Luigi, and Rosalina did remember the events of SMG1.
  • SMG2 complied with what Rosalina said: the story repeated itself, but not quite in the same way.

CLOSING
I know that this theory is very long and confusing, but thank you for spending ten minutes of your time reading it!

At one point I felt like I was reading a script from a Game Theory video.

That actually makes sense though.

Koops said:
At one point I felt like I was reading a script from a Game Theory video.

That actually makes sense though.
No, I made it up myself, although the Game Theorists based another, crazier theory based on the same cutscene.

That theory I posted here was a lot crazier than my Paper Jam theory though.

Apparently they’re not in the other universe anymore since there’s a portal involved.

I feel like the simplest theory is the best:
nobody dies, the universe is reconstructed, and the rearranging of the universe allows the Star Festival to happen again in a shorter time (or time gets rewound, but I don't like that as much because that means SMG1 never happened). There's no alternate universe involved. Remember that whenever a Luma changes into a planet, it appears to be a purely physical change. The ending of SMG1 is only that on a much larger scale.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Err, plankton isn't defined by their biological makeup, but their ecological role. Plankton can include bacteria (which are cells) archaea, algae, protozoa (which is a group that defies categorization btw) and even animals (which are multicellular)

Oh right.

Plague Knight said:
I feel like the simplest theory is the best:
nobody dies, the universe is reconstructed, and the rearranging of the universe allows the Star Festival to happen again in a shorter time (or time gets rewound, but I don't like that as much because that means SMG1 never happened). There's no alternate universe involved. Remember that whenever a Luma changes into a planet, it appears to be a purely physical change. The ending of SMG1 is only that on a much larger scale.
Yeah, that means SMG2 is either an alternate canon or takes place in a parallel universe...

Easter Yoshi said:
Yeah, that means SMG2 is either an alternate canon or takes place in a parallel universe...
Not if the rearrangement was only physical. It just means that the universe got physically changed without affecting time. When a Luma becomes a planet, it isn't a parallel universe, so I don't see how the entire universe going through this change is any different. It also can't be parallel because the old layout of the universe simply doesn't exist anymore.

Plague Knight said:
Easter Yoshi said:
Not if the rearrangement was only physical. It just means that the universe got physically changed without affecting time. When a Luma becomes a planet, it isn't a parallel universe, so I don't see how the entire universe going through this change is any different. It also can't be parallel because the old layout of the universe simply doesn't exist anymore.
Basically, you’re assuming that Mario is 126 years old.

Back