Your headcanons

The shows and the tv are not explored much, but there are some aspects I use for it. For instance, Mario loves food, but he isn't flat-out insane about making food jokes, like in the show.

Baby Luigi: Bowser has captured Luigi, held Toadette hostage, tied Peach to a railroad track, imprisoned Toad, and is threatening that if you dare defy him, he will hunt you and track you down!
Mario: *gets scared*
Baby Luigi: He also thinks you're fat.
Mario: WHAT!? I'll show that giant moron a taste of Super Mario!

Yoshi and Birdo are stupidly in love. Birdo is a female, but she speaks in a deep woman voice. She's also loves her ribbon, referring herself as "My red ribbon" e.g. "My red ribbon insists that people call me a girl". Yoshi is an idiot who falls for everything and enjoys being in pain.

Waluigi is regarded as a useless person. So, useless, even the monsters and Bowser don't want to kidnap him or attack him. He also blames Luigi for everything.

Mario: Oh, look, it's that useless man.
Waluigi: I'm NOT a useless man.
Mario: Tell me a single thing you've done that isn't useless, then.
Luigi: Yeah, Waluigi.
Waluigi: I'm currently in the planning stage in my all-out conquest of the evil Luigi. I can't reveal my plans to you at this moment, because Luigi will know, and Luigi will render my grand plans a total failure.
Mario: Uh-huh, that's not useful at all.
Waluigi: It might seem useless, but once I am able to rid this forsaken world of Luigi, you will appreciate my efforts and you will come back begging me for forgiveness. Waaah.
Luigi: What's your progress, eh, Waluigi? Oh yeah, nothing is completed because you're just useless.
Waluigi: It's all your fault that I'm not making a significant amount of progress and you know it, Luigi. It's all your fault we have voter apathy, income inequality, expensive concert tickets, global warming, strikes, Junk Stew, and banana peels.
Mario: He's going with his usual schtick, Luigi, let's move on.

Walkazo said:
Titles that only include Baby Mario and Baby Luigi take place after M&L:PiT, before they were sent back in time.

I was wondering; can't Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, and Baby Peach go back to the present whenever they like? After all, they did took that time machine with them unless I'm missing something.

Here's an old one of mine I still have.
Magikrazy said:
Bowser has an infinite number of clones, called Bowser Jrs. When Bowser dies, the current Bowser Jr grows up to become Bowser and the next Bowser Jr is released from its tube.

cranky kong is the original donkey kong from the arcade game, like it's stated in the manual for dkc or wherever it was. the country/64 DK is the son of cranky kong (which i guess makes him dk jr.?), as stated in dk64 where cranky refers to him as "son". then returns DK is cranky's grandson (as shown when cranky refers to dk as his "grandson") and the son of country DK and Candy Kong, who have settled down on a small island somewhere or something and let their son DK III protect dk island. that's why candy kong hasn't appeared in any games from dkcr onwards.

Magikrazy said:
Here's an old one of mine I still have.
Magikrazy said:
Bowser has an infinite number of clones, called Bowser Jrs. When Bowser dies, the current Bowser Jr grows up to become Bowser and the next Bowser Jr is released from its tube.
LOL

I think the Donkey Kong Mario fought is the DK with the tie.

Toad is not cheerful as he is in the games. He actually dislikes Mario. He also calls everyone a "Cabbage Patch Kid". He hates Blue Toad and Yellow Toad, two extremely rich Toads.

Mario: Hey, Toad!
Toad: Shut up.
Blue Toad: Awww, look, Toad's putting on his happy face.
Yellow Toad: I know! Just look at his beaming smile, absolutely gleaming!
Toad: You two, shut up.
Blue Toad: What's wrong, Mr. Happy Face? Won the lottery today? Had your stock value go up? Or did you hit jackpot? Eh?
Toad: You Cabbage Patch Kid should also stop making these stupid money jokes, it's not even funny.
Yellow Toad: Aww, he's so cheerful, he can't contain it so he can talk to us.
Toad: I SAID, SHUT UP!
Blue Toad: Classic Mr. Happy Face.
Mario: Guys...

Princess Peach is not as softspoken and well-adjusted as she appears to be. In reality, the castle life bores her tremendously. Especially because she is constantly surrounded by Toads, the most boring species in the entire Mushroom universe, a species so dull that no non-Toads can withstand prolonged exposure to them without being bored to the point of insanity.

As a result of her life in this golden cage of boredom, Peach has secretly developed a desire for excitement and a taste for thrills. Basically everything that breaks some societal rule is fair game. That's why she sabotages her own defenses and allows Bowser to kidnap her every weekend so Mario can save her. She's addicted to the adrenaline rush. Plus, from her point of view it's like having two boyfriends at once, which is so deliciously forbidden that the entirety of Toad Town would collectively explode if they ever found out.

However, the feeling is not mutual, it's all in Peach's head. Neither Mario nor Bowser care much about Peach beyond her being a convenient tool to further their own agendas. In truth, Mario and Bowser have subconscious crushes on each other, but they force themselves not to acknowledge this due to the pressure both of their respective societies put on them, as well as due to the values they were raised on. The entire spiel of Peach getting abducted all the time and Mario being the shining hero that saves her is a twisted courtship ritual between the two. This is also why Bowser's plans always have exploitable holes: He subconsciously wants Mario to succeed so he can try again and thus they continue their bizarre relationship.

Luigi and Daisy are not dating. Daisy just claims this is the case, and because she is a princess and nobody knows who Luigi is, everyone just believes her. However, Luigi has really only eyes for Prince Peasley. All of this began in Mario&Luigi: Superstar Saga, which is a dating game starring Luigi and Prince Peasley disguised as an RPG. Near the beginning of the game, Prince Peasley appears after a boss is beaten and he gives Luigi a rose. The rose is a flower that has certain connotations in Japan. Luigi spends the rest of the game being suspiciously affectionate towards Peasley, doing things like trying to glomp him, or sticking out his butt while Peasley repeatedly pokes it with his rapier. The two of them hooked up some time after that, but because it's Luigi, nobody cares.

Rosalina is the mushroom universe's version of god. She oversees the creation of things, and the essence of creation refers to her as their mother. She is the only main series Mario character with an actual backstory. Rosalina has a peculiar hairstyle that covers up one of her eyes. The reason for this is that she actually only has one eye. She used to have two, but her other eye was stolen. By Princess Daisy. Daisy feels seething hatred towards Rosalina because fans believe Rosalina is an actual character, whereas they see Daisy as a cheap recolor. Blinded by rage, Daisy stole Rosalina's eye hoping that having a body part of someone with a backstory would make her grow a backstory too somehow.

However, this backfired horribly, the eye became cursed, and it implanted itself in the back of Daisy's head. Now Daisy possesses the partial vision of a god and can read thoughts. Most people who see her think "Ugh, it's that Peach recolor again", which fills Daisy with great sadness. All she wants is for people to recognize her as her own person, but they never do, making Daisy the most tragic character of the entire Mario series. This sadness is what causes her to spout her infamous catchphrase, hoping that some day somebody will remember her name.

Waluigi is not Wario's brother. Waluigi is an eldritch abomination born from the collective conscious of an eggplant patch that got polluted by an oil slick leaking out of a factory that Wario built for no reason. He hates Luigi because Luigi hates eggplants and Waluigi thinks that is racist. He also stalks Wario because he was involved with Waluigi's creation. Wario lets him hang out with him sometimes because Wario has no other friends. Waluigi also has a crush on Daisy because he finds three-eyed women attractive.

Yoshis Island is a very colorful and happy looking place with a very nasty and bloody history of class warfare. Not only are the Yoshis involved in constant turf wars with Shy Guys, they also fight regularly among themselves. Yoshian society consists of a very strict hierarchy, based on Yoshi color. Green yoshis are of the highest order and considered leaders by birthright. Below them are the primary color yoshis of red, blue, and yellow. They hold the most prestigious jobs. Further below are the commoners, orange, cyan, and purple yoshis. All other colors are regarded lowly and their existence is stricken from official records whenever possible.

Touching fuzzies does make you dizzy, but you get the strongest effect by rubbing them over your face. I know this very well. I did it before writing this nonsensical abomination of a post.

SuperQueenChrysalis said:
Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
My headcannon: Wario is a creep, and Mario and Luigi are forced to be parents of themselves. :)babymario::babyluigi:) There's more to it, but no one wants to listen to it.
I will listen happily.
Super Smash Misty said:
SuperQueenChrysalis said:
Super Smash Misty said:
Actually they've been called brothers at least once
One of the news briefs you can get in Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games for the 3DS reads, "Wario and Waluigi aren't brothers."
Another brief says they're actually cousins.
*facepalm*
Fixed.
That's not fixed. I didn't want to post that. I posted "*facepalm*" for a reason. Fixed.
Anyway,
MarioWiki article on Wario said:
The two share many aspects of their personalities and even looks, with a number of sources stating that they are in fact brothers, such as the European Mario Kart DS website's statement that Waluigi was "Wario's weird sibling" in the description for the Waluigi Pinball track.

Also another of my headcanons is that the current DK is the original.

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
Pink Gold Tubba Blubba said:
Like 9 fucking paragraphs

Wow.

Oh, there's more. Way more. I just can't remember it.

I recall coming up with a lot of absurd headcanon stuff when 2257 was here and we were playing Luigi's Mansion together. In retrospect I should have written it down. Could have been hilarious stuff.

In-depth headcanons are fun.

Baby Luigi said:
Walkazo said:
Titles that only include Baby Mario and Baby Luigi take place after M&L:PiT, before they were sent back in time.

I was wondering; can't Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, and Baby Peach go back to the present whenever they like? After all, they did took that time machine with them unless I'm missing something.
Huh, interesting - for some reason, I never considered that. I guess I just assumed that thy decided not to mess with the time-space continuum anymore, or maybe the Cobalt Star broke or something.

Luigi and Daisy are not dating. Daisy just claims this is the case, and because she is a princess and nobody knows who Luigi is, everyone just believes her. However, Luigi has really only eyes for Prince Peasley. All of this began in Mario&Luigi: Superstar Saga, which is a dating game starring Luigi and Prince Peasley disguised as an RPG. Near the beginning of the game, Prince Peasley appears after a boss is beaten and he gives Luigi a rose. The rose is a flower that has certain connotations in Japan. Luigi spends the rest of the game being suspiciously affectionate towards Peasley, doing things like trying to glomp him, or sticking out his butt while Peasley repeatedly pokes it with his rapier. The two of them hooked up some time after that, but because it's Luigi, nobody cares.
Luigi/Peasley is increasingly becoming one of my favourite pairings.

All she wants is for people to recognize her as her own person, but they never do, making Daisy the most tragic character of the entire Mario series. This sadness is what causes her to spout her infamous catchphrase, hoping that some day somebody will remember her name.
Woah.

Walkazo said:
Luigi/Peasley is increasingly becoming one of my favourite pairings.

It's also completely legit. In contrast to the other absurdities I spouted, this one has some actual basis in Superstar Saga. The things I mentioned, the rose present (with Peasley complimenting Luigi's appearance), the glomping, the butt-poking, all of these things happen in the game.

If someone were to really start looking into this, I bet there'd be even more to find.

I used to think Bowser and Bowser Jr. wre monsters who were locked in cages, but then escaped. I also thought Donkey Kong was "Big Mean Ape". I was really young back then.

For me, I think I'd make Luigi think Prince Peasley is a creep, but he doesn't want to offend anyone in the BeanBean kingdom. Because, with that crazy exchange rate, no one wants BeanBean Kingdom to be an enemy. Economically, at least.

For me, I think I'd make Luigi think Prince Peasley is a creep, but he doesn't want to offend anyone in the BeanBean kingdom. Because, with that crazy exchange rate, no one wants BeanBean Kingdom to be an enemy. Economically, at least.
This is now my headcanon.

Metal Mario separated from Mario via the double cherry thing and when the real Mario died, he respawned somewhere else and the clone got a metal cap with no time limit

It's also completely legit. In contrast to the other absurdities I spouted, this one has some actual basis in Superstar Saga. The things I mentioned, the rose present (with Peasley complimenting Luigi's appearance), the glomping, the butt-poking, all of these things happen in the game.

If someone were to really start looking into this, I bet there'd be even more to find.
The legitimacy is what makes it so good: anyone can write any old ship out of the blue, or based on flimsy extrapolations or whatever, but when stuff like this is in the actual material, it's just so much more fun imho.

Now I totally want to re-watch all the Prince Peasley cutscenes again and do just that. In the first one alone, as well as the rose being given specifically to Luigi to "match [his] green perfectly", there's also the fact that he side-swiped Luigi or something on his way out, sending him spinning and eliciting a quavering "oh-oh-oh-oh" (from dizziness or bedazzlement, hmmmm?).

Walkazo said:

The legitimacy is what makes it so good: anyone can write any old ship out of the blue, or based on flimsy extrapolations or whatever, but when stuff like this is in the actual material, it's just so much more fun imho.

Now I totally want to re-watch all the Prince Peasley cutscenes again and do just that. In the first one alone, as well as the rose being given specifically to Luigi to "match [his] green perfectly", there's also the fact that he side-swiped Luigi or something on his way out, sending him spinning and eliciting a quavering "oh-oh-oh-oh" (from dizziness or bedazzlement, hmmmm?).

Doesn't Luigi (solo) also save Peasley from a plant monster that ate him? How romantic.

Hotaru Tomoe said:
Wario lets him hang out with him sometimes because Wario has no other friends.

so where do the warioware characters fit into that?

I don't know, I never played any warioware games. Aren't they just business partners or something?

Or maybe they don't exist and Wario made them up as characters for his video games because he is secretly lonely.

Pink Gold Peach, on the other hand, is simply crazy. She is seen driving her kart (laughing like a maniac) into bombs, running over squirrels, and ramming her kart into gas trucks, trying to impress Metal Mario. Metal Mario is outright terrified of her.
I actually came up with some idea where the relationship between Pink Gold Peach and Metal Mario was sort of like Sonic and Amy, but I prefer this one over mine.

Another thing is the reason why Rosalina looks different as a child in her storybook than from her baby and adult forms is because she was naturally born with red hair and her parents dyed her hair and made her dress like her mother whenever they were exposed to the public, but stopped doing that after her mother passed away and her hair dye I guess faded and she dressed how she chose and eventually went with how she was dressed by her parents sometime after becoming the mother of the Lumas.

Other than that I don't really try to fill in gaps when it comes to the Mario universe.

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:
EDIT: How would have Wario and Baby Luigi done when they were doing (filming according to my headcanon) Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and they had to team up?

Baby Luigi would force Wario to stay in the item slot because Baby Luigi can't risk Wario contaminating the driver seat and Wario's an awful driver anyway. Baby Luigi is also freaked out with Wario so he couldn't really concentrate on driving. They would drive on the Koopa King. Besides, being behind Wario is a terrible place to be in.
I am now going to play with Baby Luigi as a driver and Wario as the item man on the Koopa King

That's how I sometimes play my Mario Kart Double Dash. I avoid Double Item Boxes as much as possible because I don't want to switch once. I actually succeeded it one time in 150cc

More of my stupid headcannons.

Toadette is actually a foreigner from a small town called Big City, which allows only Toad inhabitants (not discrimination; it's for other reasons). She arrives in Mushroom Kingdom to experience the world outside Big City, but when Toad sees her, he thinks she's pretty. Of course, they don't really get to join each other once they partnered race after party after party after race.

The problem? Mario finds her pretty as well. So do Blue and Yellow Toad. Toadette has to split her time with them because she really likes those other three guys back (much to Toad's dismay), so those guys bicker with each other.

Blue Toad and Yellow Toad are both fabulously rich, close friends (wearing modest clothing). They aren't mean, but they often underestimate the value of everything ("that car is worth ONLY $102,024? I got cheaped out!). They're still the type of people that, if they found a lost wallet, they would hand it to the police rather than hog it for themselves.

Hotaru Tomoe said:
Wario lets him hang out with him sometimes because Wario has no other friends.

so where do the warioware characters fit into that?
Wario brainwashes his employees, so he dodges Mushroom Kingdom's (super strict) workplace regulations, although Mario did attempt to convince them (and failed).

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
I believe Wario is secretly just a clone of Mario who really let himself go.

We think Wario is too despicable to even be related to Mario

Back