Your Worst Mario Characters

Mcmadness said:
Kamek is great Kamek is all.

Though he works best as a boss character or a dude who trolls you throughout a game.

Also another character I dislike. Bowletta. It basically ruined 2 characters in one stroke.

couldnt agree more on bowletta, freaking hate character fusions, most of the time anyway.

Hey let's take Bowser, remove his personality and do nothing different.

And let's take Cackletta and remove her unique aspect of being this cackling witch and turn her into Bowser-lite.

Brilliant.

Mcmadness said:
Hey let's take Bowser, remove his personality and do nothing different.

And let's take Cackletta and remove her unique aspect of being this cackling witch and turn her into Bowser-lite.

Brilliant.

even if his personality was there i probably still wouldnt like it, it just looks so damn stupid.

That too.

peach.
she committed mass genocide just to sponge off of bowser

tardograd2 said:
peach.
she committed mass genocide just to sponge off of bowser

wut

Daisy is my worst character because i dislike her design and that people pretend shes a tomboy when she isnt. shes a girly girl. nothing wrong with that, but thats not what a tomboy is. so what if she plays sports, so does just about every major mario character whose appeared in a spinoff, the majority of them have played sports at one point or another. Also shes just kind of boring.

its ok if you like her, she has ok parts, but i'm just not a fan. If she got her own game where she had a better design and actual character traits of a tomboy any character traits at all, i might change my stance, but as it stands, i'm not buying it. Too much like peach.

it saddens me that so many people dislike the Hammer Bros, they are some of my favorites. Sure they can be annoying, but they are honestly tough enemies and challenging, also good designed characters. the hammer bros were my favorite enemies when i played mario, also the boos because boos are cute, but the bros gave me trouble and were a nice challenge compared to most enemies at the time.

While i do agree Daisy can be as girly as Peach is , she is still a tomboy.

You don't need to be a stereotype to be percived as one , at least not to me.

Swiftie_Luma said:
While i do agree Daisy can be as girly as Peach is , she is still a tomboy.

You don't need to be a stereotype to be percived as one , at least not to me.

you actually have to have character traits to be a tomboy. as it stands, she isnt a tomboy, even if nintendo says so, because she lacks a tomboy personality or any personality for that matter. she's entirely superficial, and nothing about her look or design, which is the only thing she has, implys shes a tomboy.

nintendo can say whatever they want, they can even say Miyamoto is Bowser Jr's mother, that doesnt make it true. you have to show it in the work, you cant just claim something without backing it up.

this will sound like meme's posts but , still

Daisy indeed is sporty and louder than Peach is. She totally seems to be portrayed as way more competitive and a tad ''boy-ish'' during her active sports appearences.

She can perfectly do both worlds and that's what i think she represents , she does not have to fall under the steretype category to be called a tomboy.

This is kinda like ''a cartoon character is not a female without long eyelashes''

Very stereotypic in my eyes at least.

Swiftie_Luma said:
this will sound like meme's posts but , still

Daisy indeed is sporty and louder than Peach is. She totally seems to be portrayed as way more competitive and a tad ''boy-ish'' during her active sports appearences.

She can perfectly do both worlds and that's what i think she represents , she does not have to fall under the steretype category to be called a tomboy.

This is kinda like ''a cartoon character is not a female without long eyelashes''

Very stereotypic in my eyes at least.

not really, i think your being confused and stereotyping here, but ok.

also, but tomboy is by definition a stereotype, as is girly girl. so if a character doesnt conform to those traits, arnt they by definition not that trait? its fine if a character is diverse and varied and doesnt fall into stereotypes, that is a pretty good character, but i dont think there is any evidence of that in Daisy.

"Daisy is a tomboy because she likes sports and is loud" ok.

re81Us.gif

All i can say is that i don't care too much because i am not Daisy's biggest fan , so anyway.

To me , she will always have those characteristics that earn her more or less , a tomboy status.

Swiftie_Luma said:
All i can say is that i don't care too much because i am not Daisy's biggest fan , so anyway.

To me , she will always have those characteristics that earn her more or less , a tomboy status.

ok, i just dont see it, but thats fine.

if she is more fleshed out in the future as a side character in a game or whatever, then i'll retract my annoyance, but as it stands i disagree that there is enough strong evidence. but thats fine.

I think people are correct when they say that Daisy is more sarcastic, snazzy, and poppy than how Peach usually is but Daisy rarely displays traits typical of tomboys, so I don't think she's actually a tomboy either.

All we really have are one-sentence quips and brief animations. I do think that there's a slight difference between Peach and Daisy (mostly in the sports games), but unless a new game appears where Daisy actually does something, I'll agree with brock.

I do think Daisy is a sporty girl. Yeah, all the other characters play the same sports she does, but they all have other things that they do separate from the sports. Daisy just has this pretty much. This is her whole life.

Dia said:
it saddens me that so many people dislike the Hammer Bros, they are some of my favorites. Sure they can be annoying, but they are honestly tough enemies and challenging, also good designed characters. the hammer bros were my favorite enemies when i played mario, also the boos because boos are cute, but the bros gave me trouble and were a nice challenge compared to most enemies at the time.
2257 said:
note to all daisy cultists: i liked brock's post for the third paragraph only. please don't sacrifice me to your bleak goddess. i am too young
I like Hammer Bros design a lot too

Magikrazy said:
I do think Daisy is a sporty girl. Yeah, all the other characters play the same sports she does, but they all have other things that they do separate from the sports. Daisy just has this pretty much. This is her whole life.

sports girl doesnt necessarily mean tomboy tho, but it is a common overlap. its about all Daisy has, thats fair. but i'd prefer more than that before conceding, because all the main mario characters play sports. maybe they are all tomboys.

IMHO, all Daisy needs is to become less childish and have more mature acting in line with Peach and Rosalina. Lenne Hardt will give Daisy a more tomboyish raspy voice which is perfect considering her tomboyish description. Then Daisy will be an actual tomboy for sure.

Peach is not that mature either.

Last time i checked she was throwing tantrums on Strikers Charged because she was losing.

She is regal and more princess-like than Daisy , but she can also be rather child-like.

Back