Television Shows You Despise (rant thread)

Captain Planet is another 1990's cartoon that was bad

Re: Television Shows You Despise (rant thread)

Baby Luigi said:
But Captain Planet he's a hero whose gonna bring pollution down to zero

Which is impossible, but you can't discredit him for not trying.

Re: Television Shows You Despise (rant thread)

Captain Strong said:
Baby Luigi said:
But Captain Planet he's a hero whose gonna bring pollution down to zero
Considering that would involve the murder of every breathing thing on the planet, I can't say I support that agenda.

I mean, if you get technical about preventing CO2 pollution.

CO2 emissions are also natural too. Just look at volcanoes and the carbon cycle in general.

Baby Luigi, can you go into more detail on how you hate Barney.

I haven't watched that show in a while but what I do know is that it's pure saccharine and it masks reality with sugar coated piles of crap. Remember how controversial "A Strange is a Friend You Haven't Met"? Teaching kids this is poisonous and it teaches you that EVERYONE in the world is good when in fact there are disturbing realities. But I need a refresher before I can form a stronger opinion on this.

People may argue that it's like this because it's mainly a show for little kids and that I'm out of age to be saying like this. Well my rebuttal is a show also targeted at a similar age group, and it's called Sesame Street. What kind of little kid didn't like it? It was fun, educational, and the kids loved it. I loved Sesame Street as a kid way more than I loved Barney.

I preferred one show over the other for objective reasons; I even provided them...

My opinions can't be any more stronger or defined because I haven't seen both in quite some time

I'd like to point out that Barney never once said "A stranger is a friend you haven't met" or anything of the sorts. In fact, he did a Too Smart For Strangers type episode.

Of course he never said it, it was a name of an episode. Apparently it was pulled from the air.

I'm wondering if it's because I watched Barney as a kid my mind was poisoned with BS.

Now I see the world how it truly is. One big pile of shit.

There is and it's possible that it's up on Youtube

I never liked Barney, the show was just annoying, it teaches kids that the world is filled with good people yet there is weapons and kidnappers in existence. Sesame Street will always be the best educational show.

Back