Television Shows You Despise (rant thread)

Speedy Yoshi said:
I never liked Barney, the show was just annoying, it teaches kids that the world is filled with good people yet there is guns and kidnappers in existence. Sesame Street will always be the best educational show.
good people have guns too

and guns aren't the only weapons used to kill people

are you mad that knives are in existence too?

and sharp objects?

and javelins?

Weapons aren't too bad. Heck without them, we're way outmatched in the wild if we encounter an animal the same size as humans. So yes they did contribute.

But just being blatantly unaware of the world's ills is not a proper way of dealing with children

BTW, I just found out that the Stranger thing isn't really a true thing. I dunno who made that up.

Fawful said:
I do not like spongebob, because of most of the characters. I like squidward, though.

Squidward's awesome.

Spongebob was ok but in the later episodes, he got more obnoxious and annoying which made me feel sorry for Squidward even more. Same with Patrick.

Dr. Javelin said:
Speedy Yoshi said:
I never liked Barney, the show was just annoying, it teaches kids that the world is filled with good people yet there is guns and kidnappers in existence. Sesame Street will always be the best educational show.

and sharp objects?

and javelins?
Fun fact more people are killed by Javelins each year then Guns
also fun fact most fun facts are made up on the spot

Captain Strong said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Speedy Yoshi said:

and sharp objects?

and javelins?
Fun fact more people are killed by Javelins each year then Guns
also fun fact most fun facts are made up on the spot
well, most of your fun facts are made up on the spot

You don't have to draw straw man in your argument. You know what she means by "there are stranger and guns in existence". And besides, in my opinion, guns are a terrible solution to anything. They can unexpectedly backfire.

Not to start a gun control debate; I don't know what point you're trying to make because I understood my sister's point.

Mario Party X said:
You don't have to draw straw man in your argument. You know what she means by "there are stranger and guns in existence".
well excuse me for taking her comment humorously
Mario Party X said:
And besides, in my opinion, guns are a terrible solution to anything. They can unexpectedly backfire.
And besides, in my opinion, pencils are a terrible solution to anything. They (well, the graphite) can unexpectedly break.
And besides, in my opinion, pens are a terrible solution to anything. They can unexpectedly run out of ink.
And besides, in my opinion, cars are a terrible solution to anything. They can unexpectedly break down.
And besides, in my opinion, computers are a terrible solution to anything. They can unexpectedly crash.
Mario Party X said:
Not to start a gun control debate; I don't know what point you're trying to make because I understood my sister's point.
was just taking her comment humorously

it really was a pretty lame comment

"oh noes the world has guns in it

b very afraid ppls"

BLOF makes a serious comment. You reply. I took it seriously. You mock me. Okay? Sheesh.

Mario Party X said:
BLOF makes a serious comment. You reply. I took it seriously. You mock me. Okay? Sheesh.

well jav doesnt really respect people.

Hey you guys I never said anything about guns. Stop pointing your gun barrels at me

But seriously, can you all cut it out with the f---ing straw man arguments? There's already too much in this topic, we don't need any more.

Baby Luigi said:
Hey you guys I never said anything about guns. Stop pointing your gun barrels at me

looks like you're aiming to stop that at least

Well LeftyGreenMario mistook me for Speedy Yoshi, who was in fact the one who made the gun comment.

Dr. Javelin came in and creates a (jokingly) strawman sparking a debate about gun control. Boom, Lefty gets mad.

Lefty, just stop.

Zae said:
Mario Party X said:
well jav doesnt really respect people.
I do respect people, just after they've done something respect-worthy.
Mario Party X said:
that comment was just so mockable, it was unbelievable

it would have been a shame to let it go to waste
Zae said:
Baby Luigi said:

looks like you're aiming to stop that at least
ba dum tish

Hey, you. You stop too.

85 said:
can we get back to talking about horrible tv shows?

BTW, I haven't watched the new Fairly Oddparents but Sparky....really? They're digging the FOP grave even deeper with a dumb dog -_-;

Unknown Entity said:
Aside from Jersey Shore, most other reality TV shows are absurd.

do you mean that jersey shore is a waste of a show compared to other tv shows?

Baby Luigi said:
Unknown Entity said:
Aside from Jersey Shore, most other reality TV shows are absurd.

do you mean that jersey shore is a waste of a show compared to other tv shows?

A waste? Oh, yes. So awful and makes me disgusted.(i made another post about this here. don't feel inclined to search)

But I personally do believe reality tv programs as a whole are downright stupid.

I can't stand them either. And I especially hate those laugh tracks. Shouldn't the real audience know when to laugh at funny things?

Back