Television Shows You Despise (rant thread)

I think the correct word for it is "sarcastic".

I can't compare Bubble Guppies to My Little Pony since I never watched Bubble Guppies (I did watch a little My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic though)

Vocal Beat said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Zae said:
why does it freaking matter?

let them enjoy the show without your bothersome judgemental attitude
all i'm saying is that if you're okay with people liking mlp then you have to also be okay with those same people watching shows for kids
Don't you watch Phineas and Ferb?
nope

we don't even have cable at our house

i mean, i have watched a few episodes when i was at a relative's house, because my young cousins were watching it, which is also where i've seen some MLP episodes

Awesome Koopa said:
Come on, guys, Bubble Guppies is almost as amazing as Team Umizoomi. Beautiful animation, clever and witty writing, and who can forget the Grammy winner:
"What time is it? It's time for lunch!"

Dude, even a Koopa can do a better show than them.

Red Boo said:
Awesome Koopa said:
Come on, guys, Bubble Guppies is almost as amazing as Team Umizoomi. Beautiful animation, clever and witty writing, and who can forget the Grammy winner:
"What time is it? It's time for lunch!"

Dude, even a Koopa can do a better show than them.

A Koopa that can't write shows.

But again, there are worse shows than Bubble Guppies out there.

Baby Luigi said:
Most of the episodes suck with a few exceptions (Krusty Towers and Wishing You Well are pretty great episodes) with the worst offenders being the most graphically unappealing and being terribly unfunny (The Splinter, that episode with the worms, Face Freeze). Others involve being just plain cruel to characters, especially to Squidward. I personally like Squidward, and I don't mind seeing him abused from time to time but Squid Wood is just an example of how masochist the show's writers can be to a character. Did I also mention that they're WAY too many "specials" that try to make a plot interesting but only end up falling flat on the execution?
But Wormy was a classic.

South Park, Jersey Shore, Geordie Shore, TOWIE, Keeping up with the Kardashians (seriously, that family is famous for being famous), dragon ball z (please don't hate me), basically any Disney channel show nowadays, and anything that's on MTV and channels like that nowadays

although I don't hate them, I don't really understand the love for shows like Being Human, Legend of Korra, Supernatural, Game of Thrones, those kind of cult shows at the moment, but I guess the same could be said for me with Doctor Who, Breaking Bad and My Little Pony, so I can't really complain about these yet until I've seen them.

Who knows, maybe I'll get into watching them someday, but the ones I mentioned in the first paragraph are the ones I hate with a passion.

LN1 said:
I think he meant another. Wormy was technically a caterpillar/butterfly.
Though the close-up of butterfly Wormy could be scary.

I'm talking about the one episode where a worm gives birth to hideous baby worms that spit acid and stuff.

I honestly cannot stand Ancient Aliens and every conversation about it makes me want to shoot myself.

Kingbowser99 said:
South Park, Jersey Shore, Geordie Shore, TOWIE, Keeping up with the Kardashians (seriously, that family is famous for being famous), dragon ball z (please don't hate me), basically any Disney channel show nowadays, and anything that's on MTV and channels like that nowadays

although I don't hate them, I don't really understand the love for shows like Being Human, Legend of Korra, Supernatural, Game of Thrones, those kind of cult shows at the moment, but I guess the same could be said for me with Doctor Who, Breaking Bad and My Little Pony, so I can't really complain about these yet until I've seen them.

Who knows, maybe I'll get into watching them someday, but the ones I mentioned in the first paragraph are the ones I hate with a passion.
I've seen an episode of Legend of Korra. It was actually pretty good.

85 said:
Dr. Javelin said:
we don't even have cable at our house

wait

how

i thought cable/satellite tv was mandatory after analog services were shut off in 2010
cable tv isn't mandatory; this isn't north korea

we aren't required to keep government radios turned on at all times, are we?

if so, then, uh... i didn't say anything

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Most stupidest show ever. I can't even understand why so many people like it, and the fact that its fanbase is basically made of adult males is ridiculous and nonsensical. It's just wrong.

Anser said:
the fact that its fanbase is basically made of adult males is ridiculous and nonsensical. It's just wrong.

Accuse me, it's fine if you dislike the show.

But there's nothing wrong with fans like me liking the show. For us it's like liking any cartoon out there.

Or as a side note, it's just like liking Mario at the age you are now. My like for Twilight (The pony in my profile) can very much compared to your like for Rosalina. Coincidentally both being Princesses.

Anser said:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Most stupidest show ever. I can't even understand why so many people like it, and the fact that its fanbase is basically made of adult males is ridiculous and nonsensical. It's just wrong.
Quick question, have you watched a full episode?

Anser said:

your eagerness to intentionally pull an avalanche of shit down over your own head is quite impressive and slightly disturbing. i'm excited to see whether you realise your mistake and try to claw your way back up out of the shit, or keep diving deeper until it invades your lungs and suffocates you

Gomamon said:
Anser said:

your eagerness to intentionally pull an avalanche of shit down over your own head is quite impressive and slightly disturbing. i'm excited to see whether you realise your mistake and try to claw your way back up out of the shit, or keep diving deeper until it invades your lungs and suffocates you
What a strange yet fitting analogy.

Anser said:
>Implying watching a show can be wrong

Vocal Beat said:
Anser said:
Quick question, have you watched a full episode?

Yes, I have. I used to work at a hospital, and when I was at reception, there was a TV for kids to entertain themselves while they waited to see their doctors. Sometimes, MLP:FIM was on and I had the watch the entire episodes. It was a torture :c

Gomamon said:

This is some very good use of English o__o There's no mistake for me to realize, though. I think the show is shit and that's final.

the mistake wasnt disliking the show. the mistake was saying you dislike it where the brony mafia can hear you. don't you know that if you criticise mlp theyll send their goons after you to drag you to the secret re-education camps?

Yeah, it would be better if the Conversion Bureau didn't have to force you to enter their ponification camps, ya know what I'm sayin'? ;)

Anser it's fine if you dislike the show. But it's idiotic logic to say it's wrong to like a show at all.

Again, for us it's just like liking any other show or any other type of media. Your like for Princess Rosalina in the Mario series can be compared to my like for Princess Twilight.

Who even likes the new CN these days? They removed all of their goods shows and replaced them with Ben 10, Adventure Time and other shows that made CN the best TV show for kids in the 90's.

Back