Alex95

Reformed, but Not Tamed
L151

Follow the Leader
The Marioboards fads

Fountain of Memes
Freakworld

Walking Shirtless Scene: Yoshi876
Depending on the Writer: Porple/Steve is either a blue Bowser recolor or a small green alien. :porple:

more tv tropes dumbfuckery

My Real Daddy: While nobody will deny that Shigeru Miyamoto was very influential to the series' development, Nintendo of America shaped up the setting of the Mario series of how its known today. Such as the setting of the games such as Mario & Luigi being plumbers from Brooklyn who got to the Mushroom Kingdom via a Warp Pipe in Super Mario Bros. 1. to character names such as Mario, Pauline, Luigi, the Koopalings and more in fact the idea of the Koopalings being Bowser's children was NOA's idea.

For context: "My Real Daddy" is a page about when the most popular and definitive incarnation of a franchise isn't by the original creator, but by a later artist. Clearly the Koopaling's names is the only reason Mario is a popular and influential franchise today.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/SuperMarioBros

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/SuperMario64

FRIDGE BRILLIANCE

When Mario falls asleep long enough in the original 64 version, he dreams about Italian food. This was cut for the DS remake. At first it may seem like it's because of the addition of more playable characters, but it's possible that Mario overtime has realized how important Princess Peach is to him, and doesn't want her to think he values spaghetti and ravioli more than her in this grand adventure to Save the Princess. This would also explain why he doesn't dream about Italian food in Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario Galaxy either.

I don't know what implications I like better: that someone apparently thinks an insignificant animation being cut was done for "character development" or the implication Peach is an omnipotent being that can see what Mario dreams about.

Super Mario 64 is viewed as the first truly good 3D game

LeftyGreenMario said:
Some material to work with.

Women Prefer Strong Men
Me.

Defrosting Ice Queen
My sister

Evil Twin
My sister.

Jerk with a Heart of Gold
Glowsquid

Gender Bender
Dippy

The Ditherer
Time Turner

Here There Were Dragons
Dragon Problem thing, DragonFreak

Heroes Prefer Swords
Alex95

Reformed, but Not Tamed
L151

Follow the Leader
The Marioboards fads

Fountain of Memes
Freakworld

Where do you think I would fit?

Curious as a Monkey
You, especially with your interest in the DK series.

Asian Rudeness
Me, my sister

What, Exactly, Is His Job?
Glowsquid

Voice with an Internet Connection
Steve

Martyr Without a Cause
Rudniki

Iron Buttmonkey
Googlegrenade, Rudniki

LeftyGreenMario said:
What, Exactly, Is His Job?
Glowsquid

I'm confused as to what you're trying to imply with this

Glowsquid said:
I'm confused as to what you're trying to imply with this
Was thinking about the time when you responded to Walkazo's "I thought he was some faceless, formless nightmare entity who doesn't prescribe to the idea of establishing an avatar..." inquiry with this:
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=32763.msg1561355#msg1561355 said:
Glowsquid is what you imagine him to be.

Alex95 said:
I'm not denying it's validity, but where is this from?
It's from TV Tropes. I just came across it, but its search function is nonfunctional hipster coding fart so I can't find anything there.

uh, actually, I'm just making crap up, but you can always add it yourself in the MarioWiki page. I mean, they let the Sega forums go crazy with that crap. I'm providing inspiration.

Also from the Fridge Brilliance section on Super Mario 64's YMMV page.
The camera is controlled by a Lakitu. Lakitus have been enemies since the first Super Mario Bros. game. No wonder the camera is always trying to get you killed!
Not even sure what they mean here. I've never had problems with the camera in Mario 64.

Magikrazy said:
Super Mario 64's YMMV page.

ahahaah how did I miss this

"Funny Aneurysm" Moment: The DS remake has a hidden White Void Room (containing a Secret Star) on the second floor. The Wham Episode of Super Paper Mario, released just a few years later, features a similar area (though for a much-darker reason).

stretching this much is know to liquefy your organs

I've got one they could add.

"Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Whenever you make Mario die from falling, it becomes this when you watch the opening flashback from The Game where the protagonists father (also played by Charles Martinet) kills himself by jumping off his roof.

I'm almost tempted to add it myself to see how long it stays up, but I don't have an account, nor do I want to make one.

I don't think it'll be removed since it doesn't look exactly insane enough compared to the real thing.

Magikrazy said:
I've got one they could add.

"Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Whenever you make Mario die from falling, it becomes this when you watch the opening flashback from The Game where the protagonists father (also played by Charles Martinet) kills himself by jumping off his roof.

I'm almost tempted to add it myself to see how long it stays up, but I don't have an account, nor do I want to make one.

I can add it for you if you want, since I have an account there.

http://banjokazooie.wikia.com/wiki/Xbox_360

Currently, Rare is only allowed to make console games for this system and maybe the Xbox One

Back