Glowsquid post statements from wikis that amuses him

Shokora

L'esclavage D'amour
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Magikrazy said:
What color is grass in Australia? Pink?
Mainly yellow in summer, with the exception of people who are into watering their lawn.

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Forum Moderator
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff
http://captainn.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_N_and_the_Adventures_of_Super_Mario_Bros._3

CHANGES

-Jeffery Scott no longer wrote for Captain N, resulting in much better, more consistent quality in writing
rude tbh

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Forum Moderator
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff
This video of RLM reading the Wookiepedia page on Darth Vader's armor is the funniest shit ever and a great showcase of how fucking awful the writing in tie-in Star Wars media is

9:40

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Forum Moderator
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Sharks

[quote author=Right at the end of the intro]Every episode has the word shark somewhere in the episode title[/quote]

I mean, it's true, but

Duskull

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
From the Wrongful execution page on Wikipedia.

In 1660, in a series of events known as the Campden Wonder, an Englishman named William Harrison disappeared after going on a walk, near the village of Charingworth, in Gloucestershire. Some of his clothing was found slashed and bloody on the side of a local road. Investigators interrogated Harrison’s servant, John Perry, who eventually confessed that his mother and his brother had killed Harrison for money. Perry, his mother, and his brother were hanged. Two years later, Harrison reappeared, telling the incredibly unlikely tale that he had been abducted by three horsemen and sold into slavery in the Ottoman Empire. Though his tale was implausible, he indubitably had not been murdered by the Perry family.

badposter

RIP Avicii
TV Tropes.
The page for Hamlet: 7,572 words (including both the description and thelist of tropes).
A page for a book series mentioned in a few MLP episodes, which doesn't actually exist in real life: 14,793 words (in just the description. The trope list is so big it's split into six pages).
The page for One Hundred Years of Solitude, one of the greatest Latin American novvels: 3,866 words.
The page for a wbcomic which doesn't actually exist: 11,725 words.
Interestingly, TV Tropes has a lot of pages about pinball, most of which were made made by the same person. Not bad, just odd.

SonicMario

Star Spirit
badposter said:
TV Tropes.
The page for Hamlet: 7,572 words (including both the description and thelist of tropes).
A page for a book series mentioned in a few MLP episodes, which doesn't actually exist in real life: 14,793 words (in just the description. The trope list is so big it's split into six pages).
The page for One Hundred Years of Solitude, one of the greatest Latin American novvels: 3,866 words.
The page for a wbcomic which doesn't actually exist: 11,725 words.
To be fair though, both of those are in the Just For Fun section of TV Tropes. Or as the Laconic says for that section "No reason for it other than lolz."

The Daring Do/MLP thing in particular was written as if TV Tropes/Internet/etc. existed in the Equestria of the show. (So basically an in-universe meta kind of thing)

I know that the vast size of the articles is still rather big even knowing this. But when you're having fun with something you're writing, you can get a little carried away. ^^'

LeftyGreenMario

Mushroom Kingdom's second greenest plumber
Some material to work with.

Women Prefer Strong Men
Me.

Defrosting Ice Queen
My sister

Evil Twin
My sister.

Jerk with a Heart of Gold
Glowsquid

Gender Bender
Dippy

The Ditherer
Time Turner

Here There Were Dragons
Dragon Problem thing, DragonFreak

Heroes Prefer Swords
Alex95

Reformed, but Not Tamed
L151

Follow the Leader
The Marioboards fads

Fountain of Memes
Freakworld

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Walking Shirtless Scene: Yoshi876
Depending on the Writer: Porple/Steve is either a blue Bowser recolor or a small green alien. :porple:

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Forum Moderator
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff
more tv tropes dumbfuckery

My Real Daddy: While nobody will deny that Shigeru Miyamoto was very influential to the series' development, Nintendo of America shaped up the setting of the Mario series of how its known today. Such as the setting of the games such as Mario & Luigi being plumbers from Brooklyn who got to the Mushroom Kingdom via a Warp Pipe in Super Mario Bros. 1. to character names such as Mario, Pauline, Luigi, the Koopalings and more in fact the idea of the Koopalings being Bowser's children was NOA's idea.
For context: "My Real Daddy" is a page about when the most popular and definitive incarnation of a franchise isn't by the original creator, but by a later artist. Clearly the Koopaling's names is the only reason Mario is a popular and influential franchise today.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/SuperMarioBros

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/SuperMario64

FRIDGE BRILLIANCE

When Mario falls asleep long enough in the original 64 version, he dreams about Italian food. This was cut for the DS remake. At first it may seem like it's because of the addition of more playable characters, but it's possible that Mario overtime has realized how important Princess Peach is to him, and doesn't want her to think he values spaghetti and ravioli more than her in this grand adventure to Save the Princess. This would also explain why he doesn't dream about Italian food in Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario Galaxy either.
I don't know what implications I like better: that someone apparently thinks an insignificant animation being cut was done for "character development" or the implication Peach is an omnipotent being that can see what Mario dreams about.

Super Mario 64 is viewed as the first truly good 3D game

Joanna Dark

Carrington Institute Top Agent
LeftyGreenMario said:
Some material to work with.

Women Prefer Strong Men
Me.

Defrosting Ice Queen
My sister

Evil Twin
My sister.

Jerk with a Heart of Gold
Glowsquid

Gender Bender
Dippy

The Ditherer
Time Turner

Here There Were Dragons
Dragon Problem thing, DragonFreak

Heroes Prefer Swords
Alex95

Reformed, but Not Tamed
L151

Follow the Leader
The Marioboards fads

Fountain of Memes
Freakworld

Where do you think I would fit?

LeftyGreenMario

Curious as a Monkey
You, especially with your interest in the DK series.

Asian Rudeness
Me, my sister

What, Exactly, Is His Job?
Glowsquid

Voice with an Internet Connection
Steve

Martyr Without a Cause
Rudniki

Iron Buttmonkey
Googlegrenade, Rudniki

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Forum Moderator
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff
LeftyGreenMario said:
What, Exactly, Is His Job?
Glowsquid
I'm confused as to what you're trying to imply with this

LeftyGreenMario

Glowsquid said:
I'm confused as to what you're trying to imply with this
Was thinking about the time when you responded to Walkazo's "I thought he was some faceless, formless nightmare entity who doesn't prescribe to the idea of establishing an avatar..." inquiry with this:
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=32763.msg1561355#msg1561355 said:
Glowsquid is what you imagine him to be.
Alex95 said:
I'm not denying it's validity, but where is this from?
It's from TV Tropes. I just came across it, but its search function is nonfunctional hipster coding fart so I can't find anything there.

LeftyGreenMario

uh, actually, I'm just making crap up, but you can always add it yourself in the MarioWiki page. I mean, they let the Sega forums go crazy with that crap. I'm providing inspiration.