Glowsquid post statements from wikis that amuses him

Then obviously we would have to find the counterpoint documenting all the evil wikis started by oppressive privileged white straight cisgender males, duh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Dungeon

==Reception==

Metal Dungeon was rated very poorly for its simple game play, transparent story, and character creation system. The game's setting turned it into a cult classic near instantly for its magic-punk stylized world. The only two male African American skins available looked exactly like Will Smith and Samuel L. Jackson.

I like how that non-sequitur implies the game developed a cult following because the only two black characters look like Will Smith and Samuel L. Jackson

It looks like a tack-on to me, but I guess that's the point when editors like to point out such trivial crap.

so

this is new

The obsessive administrator of a wiki site dedicated to the video-game horror franchise Silent Hill, so devoted to the site that he’s made 40,000 edits, apparently went mad with power this week and decided that Silent Hill isn’t just about a spooky hospital. It’s actually a subtle allegory against male circumcision. That’s a new one!

The power struggle started when someone noticed that the administrator, AlexShepherd, had turned a character’s biography on the site into an 800-word rant about “male genital mutilation,” speculating that the character had been circumcised as a child. That seemed strange, so the anonymous editor removed the circumcision references.

“You're a fucking horrible human being for advocating GENITAL MUTILATION, and 99 percent of Americans who advocate mutilating penises are fucking brainwashed morons,” he wrote to the anonymous editor who changed his post. "Circumcision can have a HUGE EFFECT and HUGE INFLUENCE on the development of a human being's psyche. It's the truth. What you are trying to do is erase American history and hide the truth. Seriously, don't be on the wrong side of history. It's like trying to delete the Holocaust article on Wikipedia, saying it’s some ‘anti-Holocaust’ or ‘anti-Nazi’ rant. That's how brainwashed you sound.”

As other fans of Silent Hill continued to dispute the games are about circumcision, based solely on the fact that there’s actually nothing about circumcision in them, AlexShepherd only dug his heels in deeper. He argued that because he “grew up with Silent Hill as a child” and sees himself as one of the five “best Silent Hill fans in the world,” he’s able to notice subtleties in the game that others can’t.

wherein we find out that P.T. actually stands for Penis Terror and the real reason for Konami pulling it from the PSN was so that the truth about the Silent Hill universe wouldn't emerge

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189484085&postcount=85

Man, this guy really misses his foreskin. Makes me glad that when our admins have gone postal, all they did was sockpuppet and make hollow password threats. But then again, I'll probably hit 40k within the year, so who knows what'll happen then :shifty:

Screencaps from the Silent Hill wiki (from here):

CWN7lTaXIAAcnBu.png

-
CWN7_a5WIAAzqcq.png

-
CWN-YDPW4AAubKA.png

-
CWOAphgXIAA0IiP.png

-
CWOAgkKXIAAOD3y.png

I'll have to ask my circumcised relatives if they ever feel like giant worms forever searching for their long-lost foreskins.

Also, here's part of an edit war:

CWOEN4-WEAA06Gc.png

Walkazo said:
But then again, I'll probably hit 40k within the year, so who knows what'll happen then :shifty:
RESTRAIN HER! We can't let her hit 40k! Who knows what she'll do to this wiki then?!

Pi said:
wherein we find out that P.T. actually stands for Penis Terror and the real reason for Konami pulling it from the PSN was so that the truth about the Silent Hill universe wouldn't emerge

what if Penis Terrror was really about circumsision

we were warned

Without further delay, I’ve been told that Hideo Kojima’s current “taboo” game in the works is based off a doctor in New York City that regularly performs circumcision to boys as part of his doctoral duties, but when his wife gives birth and he performs his own son’s circumcision and it goes wrong (killing his newborn baby), he becomes a mass murderer by using the list of all newborns in NYC that he’s performed operations on, and killing them at their family’s homes while they sleep.

You are a New York City detective that is on the case to stop this doctor who’s now mad and are taken through a complete psychological thriller/action-horror game of sorts, to stop the doc. It’s supposively a pretty twisted game and it has you failing on purpose multiple times in the beginning, to really get to you and strike you deep.

You’re constantly falling short (no pun intended) of catching the mad man, but begin to get better as your character advances, by solving puzzles as to which family will be struck next, when, etc. This apparantly is the “taboo” subject that Mr. Hideo Kojima spoke about his game having and this Saw-like title certainly sounds pretty bold and daring to say the least. It’s definitely something never done before in the video game industry that I can think of, so if true…wow I’m surprised (even moreso because of a script I wrote for South Park that deals with circumcision a few months ago).

(also I hope Pi doesn't mind I stole the "penis terror" joke for that neogaf thread)

Glowsquid said:
As other fans of Silent Hill continued to dispute the games are about circumcision, based solely on the fact that there’s actually nothing about circumcision in them, AlexShepherd only dug his heels in deeper. He argued that because he “grew up with Silent Hill as a child” and sees himself as one of the five “best Silent Hill fans in the world,” he’s able to notice subtleties in the game that others can’t.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

CWOGsP1WIAAFUzS.png

This is Conservapedia levels of unhealthy.

AlexShepherd said:
Circumcision can have a HUGE EFFECT and HUGE INFLUENCE on the development of a human being's psyche.

Like your own?

Walkazo said:
Man, this guy really misses his foreskin. Makes me glad that when our admins have gone postal, all they did was sockpuppet and make hollow password threats. But then again, I'll probably hit 40k within the year, so who knows what'll happen then :shifty:
That actually happened at some point in MarioWiki's lifespan. Thank Poochy that's the extent.

This wasn't mentioned on the NeoGAF thread linked but he's also the current-bureaucrat/only active user on the Catherine wiki, and I'd bet a few of the ones listed there are at least fairly inactive as well. This could just be the tip of the iceberg.

No, he's admins in other wikis too, like Xenosaga.

CWR4r4SWoAAfmfR.png:large

Actually, circumcision in various cases does have health benefits....

Baby Luigi said:
found the Illuminati/Satanist/Knight Templar/Insert-Your-Own-Conspiracy-Here supporter

Baby Luigi said:
It has been known to prevent a few rare infections, but so does washing yourself once in a while.

I'm personally against circumcision, but holy fuck. This guy makes it seem like the worst possible thing you can do.

I mean, yeah it's weird, but permanent brain damage? Psychological damage? You're a bit of a wacko, Mr. Shepard.

Walkazo said:
Makes me glad that when our admins have gone postal, all they did was sockpuppet and make hollow password threats.
On a side note, has that actually happened? I don't think I've ever seen an admin go through that, although maybe they just got mixed with the rest of the vandals.

Time Turner said:
Walkazo said:
Makes me glad that when our admins have gone postal, all they did was sockpuppet and make hollow password threats.
On a side note, has that actually happened? I don't think I've ever seen an admin go through that, although maybe they just got mixed with the rest of the vandals.
Wayoshi trolled under the alias of Willy while he was still a sysop/crat, iirc.

http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:49806

popcorn-blank.gif

Time Turner said:
Walkazo said:

she's referring to Hk47, who acted strangely for a while and got demoted afterm aking a bizare threat to everyone, asking to change our password or otherwise he'd hack everyone

it's been a while.

The password threat came a year after he was demoted, actually - but it was why he was blocked (by Wayoshi, coincidentally). Looks like it was just erratic behaviour and some feuding and then he quit, afaik.

Modern wiki history's pretty sedate, but back in the day, the drama was REAL.

He guest wrote for the Shroom's 100 Issue and it was pretty fun: no ill-wishes to the wiki or anyone, just fond remembrances.

Back