Glowsquid post statements from wikis that amuses him

Walkazo said:
The password threat came a year after he was demoted, actually - but it was why he was blocked (by Wayoshi, coincidentally). Looks like it was just erratic behaviour and some feuding and then he quit, afaik.

Modern wiki history's pretty sedate, but back in the day, the drama was REAL.

Hell, wiki drama isn't even that bad around the time I joined (2009) compared to what I had seen in the archives and crap.

We mostly get recurring vandals at this point, right? People who just can't take no for an answer. Most recently, I ended up in an edit war with a vandal, and I just kept reverting their edits with no comment until they eventually got frustrated and stopped making edits. Ah, if only it was always that easy...

Those idiots are something you should expect from being a wiki editor, having to deal with those people myself. It's normal. It's a bit like having to live with mosquitoes in the summer and colds year-round. Pests.

However, an admin acting like, I don't know, like this crap in Silent Hill wiki is probably one of the worst things to happen to a wiki. Especially if it's a high ranking one and a well-respected one. Makes me wonder if his account got hacked.

I cringe at the thought of ANY of our 'crats acting like this.

Baby Luigi said:
Those idiots are something you should expect from being a wiki editor, having to deal with those people myself. It's normal. It's a bit like having to live with mosquitoes in the summer and colds year-round. Pests.

However, an admin acting like, I don't know, like this crap in Silent Hill wiki is probably one of the worst things to happen to a wiki. Especially if it's a high ranking one and a well-respected one. Makes me wonder if his account got hacked.

I cringe at the thought of ANY of our 'crats acting like this.
The vandals now are nothing compared to what we used to deal with anyway, or what the old guard were up against when the wiki was new.

Sometimes people just snap: his particular angle is convoluted and bizarre to say the least, but if you look through his history, you'll probably see signs of ego and entitlement building up - it's easily enough done.

But how can you be sure you wouldn't like my frothy-mouthed essays on how the Mario series is really an elaborate metaphor for the promotion of genocide, racism, religious zealotry, child abuse, rape, poaching, satanism, cannibalism, capitalism, big pharma, ecoterrorism, unsustainable fossil fuel usage and littering?

Well I would pay money to see Glowsquid write something like that.

Ok if I had money in the first place but you get my point.

Hey, nothing against you. I've just seen Glowsquid handle subject matters like this in a satirical sense before.

Walkazo said:
Oh, you'd play Glowsquid, huh? I see how it is.
Well, he is snarkier than you for starters... you guys have any ideas for the next April Fools?

*gets head torn off by quickly crushing fangs*

Magikrazy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Actually, circumcision in various cases does have health benefits....
It has been known to prevent a few rare infections, but so does washing yourself once in a while.

I'm personally against circumcision, but holy *bleep*. This guy makes it seem like the worst possible thing you can do.

I mean, yeah it's weird, but permanent brain damage? Psychological damage? You're a bit of a wacko, Mr. Shepard.
At least male circumcision. But either way, I highly question the motives behind male circumcision since they're usually not medical (so I think they're bordering on unethical). But female circumcision is an entirely different thing, and I wonder why AkekShepherd didn't rant about female circumcision instead, which is much worse than male circumcision.

Probably because female circumcision is already outlawed while male isn't.

Fox Mulder said:
are we whining about circumcision on a mario forum

no we are whining about people whining about circumcision on a silent hill wiki

Kotori Minami said:
i honestly didn't know there were female circumcisions
You haven't seen enough of this world.

Fox Mulder said:
are we whining about circumcision on a mario forum
Female circumcision is a human rights violation and I'm not sure why a guy who goes into full-rant hysteria doesn't rant about a more damaging issue (not to say that male circumcision is good and dandy either).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathon_Sharkey

presented with no further commentary.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Trivia/PopeyeSavesTheEarth

Python Anghelo's original proposal for Popeye Saves the Earth is even more outrageous than what appeared in the final game. With the help of Real Life celebrities such as Al Gore, Ross Perot, and Carl Sagan, Popeye buys the biggest ship on Earth, collects two of each animal, then gets NASA to make it spaceworthy. After liftoff, Popeye slingshots around Saturn, reaching superluminal speeds, and visits various alien planets to find a habitable world where the animals can flourish and multiply. Along the way, Popeye has to deal with alien heterophobia, Monstrous Cannibalism, Death Worlds, and other problems. Eventually realizing There's No Place Like Home, Popeye returns to Earth and finds it a Crapsack World overrun by pollution; he somehow manages to rejuvenate the planet it by returning his animal passengers to their habitats.

According to Steve Ritchie's Usenet post above, this was influenced by MDMA usage.

We worship a pink gorilla who appeared twice ever, so they're allowed to do whatever with their no names.

Back