Warioware series

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
I wonder if this the correct board. Anyway I played warioware touched and I fucking loved the game.

Honestly the microgames are fun and some of them look beautiful (A.K.A pixel art)

WarioWare Touched! is a nice game, and I still have yet to play WarioWare: DIY

I have all of the Warioware games actually...

Favorite is Twisted, the microgames were really fun, and I liked the gyroscope. DIY was also cool since you could make your own. The others weren't bad, but also weren't all that great.

I have never played any of them what are they like, I might wanna see if I can get into them.

(Since this is the most recent thread about the series, figure I might as well ask my question here)

Say, is DIY reasonably entertaining to someone who's not à priori very interested user generated content-based games, but who really likes WarioWare?

Well, you'll like it if you have a creative mind

Really, what you put into it is what you get out of it. If you're just in it for the premade microgames then the experience probably won't quantify the purchase. All of the microgame sets are fun, but they all operate on a single touching mechanic, thus they aren't as much difficult as they are repetitive. The microgame/music/comic editor is really self-serving, and the game pretty much relies on it for any ounce of replayability. However like Baby Luigi said, you'll like it if you're creative.

If you have neither an interest nor a dislike for ugc and want a more personalised WarioWare experience then go for it, otherwise get Touched if you haven't already.

I'm not much of a creative type (hated art class and creative writing whenever it pops up) and I already own Touched. My one prior experience with UGC-based game was Blast Works, a game with many, many serious problems beside being UGC-focused, so I figure I might as well give DIY's editor the benefit of doubt.

Since the game is dirt cheap in my area, so worst-case scenario is that I'm out of ten buck and the game rots in the drawer. With Blast Works.

Seems like a win-win to me. After you trudge through the very tutorial heavy idiot's guide and overcome the rather ridiculous learning curve, making Microgames is a breeze. Though the microgame editor to DIY isn't as extensive as the Blast Works level editor is to Blast Works, there's still some fun to be had. Just a note, the game really prospers with WiFi. Most of the extra games are worth downloading.

Just got DIY in the mail. Even if I don't end up being swayed by the game creation tool, I have a good feeling the comics (not to mention the other pre-built content) will be just barely worth the pidly price I paid for it. They're hilarious!

A health-and-beauty craze sweeps the cactus scene! Ignoring their human friends' concerns, the cacti keep pursuing perfection...

So, how's the game? Again, my sister still hadn't tried it, and she's planning to make microgames where Kirby uses Wario as a punching bag, and it's nearly impossible to lose.

IDK why, but I've dug it out of my dresser and begun playing it non-stop. A new wave of creativity has washed over me and now I can't stop making Microgames and records.

Mario Party X said:
So, how's the game? Again, my sister still hadn't tried it, and she's planning to make microgames where Kirby uses Wario as a punching bag, and it's nearly impossible to lose.
Hilarious, you could easily make that with enough time.

Glowsquid said:
Just got DIY in the mail. Even if I don't end up being swayed by the game creation tool, I have a good feeling the comics (not to mention the other pre-built content) will be just barely worth the pidly price I paid for it. They're hilarious!

A health-and-beauty craze sweeps the cactus scene! Ignoring their human friends' concerns, the cacti keep pursuing perfection...

Isama Nakagawa (Jimmy T) and Rei Betsuyaku (9-Volt) have the best comics IMO.

Will I be OK?
I'm not sure...
You did eat a fax machine.
BZZT
As I suspected, you're running out of toner.

I have all the WarioWare games except Twisted (I started getting interested in WarioWare after playing Smooth Moves), Game & Wario (I don't consider it a WarioWare title), Snapped (Too boring and short) and the GCN expansion to the GBA one. Mega Microgame$ was really fun, even though you win most games by pressing A. Touched was very innovative and used the DS hardware to the full extent, although I hated Jimmy T. and Ashley's boss stages. D.I.Y. is great, sonce you can make games to your liking, although I think you should be at least able to drag things, and make rectangular objects. Smooth Moves is fun, especially the multiplayer (half my friends don't want to play, because they get mad easily while playing. ;D) I absolutely despise Game & Wario, because if it's only 16 minigames (not microgames), then it's not even a WarioWare game. It's barely a game as is. I hope they make a real WarioWare game for Wii U.

Nintendo's shutting down the WiFi connection service in May. Better download all those DIY games before it's too late.

I have all except the original and party games on Gamecube.

I really like it, it inspired me a lot for my own game ideas. (I want to be a game dev someday and I write down my ideas on blank paper booklets for each game)

i've only played the original
i'm planning on getting touched, but it won't be too soon since the only site i can find it on charges about $50 for it (well, it's about $46 american, which apparently is around $50 australian)
also eb games is selling d.i.y. for $10, but idk it probably wouldn't be worth it if they're gonna shut down the online in a few months

also eb games is selling d.i.y. for $10, but idk it probably wouldn't be worth it if they're gonna shut down the online in a few months

I thought the (mediocre) built-in games and the comics were worth the 13$ I paid for it, but I'm easily amused.

I started on Mega Party Game$ and have played/enjoyed all but Snapped (not really interested in it due to the lack of 9-Volt or 18-Volt from what I've heard) and Game & Wario (I don't have a Wii U :'(). I really loved the Mewtroid, Cyclone Shuffle, and Pillow Fight minigames from Twisted. I'm not very good at game or music making, so I've only gotten a few lame microgames made in DIY while one based on an obscure NES game has been left incomplete due to being unable to create the song for it. I do have some silly comics made and those are a little better.

I almost ran out of memory with games. I don't make a lot of comics. Most of my music are remixes of songs.

Back