Warioware series

also diy used the touch gimmick as well.

and you forgot snapped.

I think people just primarily preferred how the first game handled it's microgames.

Is the gimmick "using the controls that the console has"? Twisted was the most gimmicky of them all, relying on a device only implemented in a handful of games. Sure, the WW games certainly relied on those controls, but they're not that much different than other games.

I don't have anything wrong with gimmicks as long as they are used in a clever, creative, and fun way.

Like how WarioWare handles them (Twisted, Touched, Smooth Moves)

the only warioware games without any sort of gimmick are probably the first one and the gamer portion of game and wario (the one where youre just playing microgames not the one with the added "mom" twist), and maybe the gamecube one, i never played that one.

I thought it's that multiplayer one.

Yeah, that's a part of it too.

I assumed the GBA version did that too with the cables. I never played that version.

I've played every game in the series except the Gamecube one. I've always wanted to make a fan game that takes most of the microgames and turns them into real games. Perhaps one day I can.

I can only imagine the possibilities if Art Academy took a WarioWare spin to it, lol.

Back