Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
THERE'S A BLACK KNIGHT COSTUME?!???!

NNNNNGGGGHHHH SOMEONE PINCH ME I MUST BE DREAMING

WII FIT BUFFS
ROBIN BUFFS

CtStZNJ.jpg

TWO OF MY MAINS YESSSSS <3

I'll probably pick up the Chrom, Flying Man and Black Knight costumes tomoz when I buy the stages. gotta love that music. ashley costume when

edit:also dr. mario stage confirmed fake D:

damn it looked so good, oh well

Anyone else think that the Dr. Mario stage concept should have been his final smash? Like you control the pills falling and when they make a 4 in a row they explode launching opponents, and the Viruses alone do serious damage when touched too.

Well, just got back from a vacation and see this. Rip K. Rool /s

Also, is there a link where I can see the characters changed for this patch. Can't wait to see all the Ness and dedede nerfs.

someone dumped all of the changes and people have been uh... translating them i guess

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3f8hvn/the_v110_patch_changelist/

it seems dedede and ness have received hardly anything

Oh man, where do I start with all of this. Kirby's f-throw is great this patch. The whole damage nerf thing doesn't even really matter when you can combo into a hell of a lot. Robin can actually act out of Arcthunder faster. He's always been able to do Fair (which was buffed as well) and Grab (d-throw can actually combo now), but now he can do all kinds of things, notably f-smash. Lucas's d-tilt is better into itself and grabs, making it much more safe to grab a foe than before. WII FIT TRAINER ACTUALLY HAS HITBOXES. YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE META KNIGHT'S HITBOXES.

10/10 update

kek Roy buff (nice tho) although rip Fox jab

ZELDA BUFFS, TOON LINK BUFFS, MARTH BUFF(S), IKE BUFFS, freaking ROBIN BUFFS, PIT BUFFS (and I just started using him), SHULK BUFF, LUCAS BUFFS such a good update.

11/11 more Fire Emblem buffs next time pls

EDIT:

Paul Heyman said:
wowowowow 35 characters of the roster got changed in some way (he probably typo'd)

https://twitter.com/dantarion/status/626927176751824896
no

literally the top of the comments section said:
Red Aremer said:
@dantarion @xD1x 62 characters? Did you typo somewhere? I assume 35 changed?
Dantarion said:
@RedArremerSDA @xD1x some of the final smashes are seperate characters, and mii is 3 seperate characters, i meant 45 characters changed :D

NEXandGBX said:
WII FIT TRAINER ACTUALLY HAS HITBOXES.
as a wii fit main this makes me so happy

GBAToad said:
WII FIT BUFFS
ROBIN BUFFS

CtStZNJ.jpg

TWO OF MY MAINS YESSSSS <3
quoting this for emphasis again b/c holy shit this update

edit:also dr. mario stage confirmed fake D:

damn it looked so good, oh well
also this for anyone who missed it

At this point I think it's fair to say that a lot of songs that many think should have been in the game are being saved for the rest of the Smash 64 stages. Things like Brawl's version of Diamond & Pearl's wild battle music and the original unchanged Super Mario Bros. theme.

Actually I'm speculating that Mushroom Kingdom 64 will be released the same time as Super Mario Maker.

This also means that Yoshi's Island 64 is never coming back because it's original music is already used in Yoshi's Island Melee, but there's nothing stopping them from assigning a single song to more than one stage. Maybe.

Online tournament mode is amazing! Finally, competitive matches online, on stages other than Final Destination and custom moves! The only problem is finding a competitive tournament, but I was able to find one pretty quickly.

EDIT: I was thrown into a three player room just now. Whyyy, Sakurai?

I don't play online that much, but I do like the stages and costumes added. Chrom got another chance and I always loved Hyrule Castle.

Though is it just me or are the tornados showing up less?

GalacticPetey said:
Never mind, Roy's jab isn't any faster.

He does have more linking hitboxes on his up b.
while i was playing him yesterday it felt like his dthrow had a lot more knockback, maybe it was just me

Baby Luigi said:
I've seen some cute pics of Kirby, Lucas, and Roy while fighting on the stage (we were playing with a friend so that's why we had Lucas and Roy), but yeahhh the bad eggs completely spoil the whole basket. The miiverse admins are terrifically incompetent at dealing with this like always.

Every goddamn time I've played Zelda or ZSS on Miiverse I get a drawing of them as naked as sexualizing polygons gets you. (Read: everything uncovered but nipples and privates)

Ness is finally touched, and he gets a buff to his down air. I notice it in battle too. MFW.

Lucas seems the most touched out of my main three, but he overall seems to have gotten off good. Also, someone made what is essentially the fake Dr. Mario stage in Project M.

Northern Verve said:
tumblr_nsb49847l91u2fcopo1_540.jpg

It's Mega Mario! (I didn't take this screenshot. It was on Tumblr)
The eyes make this 100% better!

For a game 'not balanced for competitive play', barring the early questionable things such as Greninja or Little Mac nerfs, I feel like all the character changes have been quite coherent, especially things like Ike getting some good combos added to his kit and Falcon regaining a combo extending upair, or even Luigi getting a downtilt rework just to make him more interesting.

No Sheik nerfs yet, but I would much, much rather have every character get significant lag reduction so everyone can compete the way Sheik can.

Back