Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
oh and ganondorf is a clone of captain falcon because he was totally like that in the games he was originally portrayed in

really want to sound hypocritical eh? or maybe you don't realize what you have done....?

Northern Verve said:
Ridley Fans aren't going to like this

Sakurai said:
“I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer,” Sakurai told IGN in an email interview. “It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely.”

“Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to,” he continued. “If I don’t stick to that thought, then we’d have to lower the quality or break the balance of the game. Something that goes way off spec could break the entire game.”

Yeah... basically as long as Sakurai is director of Smash. Ridley probably isn't going to be a playable
He also once said Miis and the Villager wouldn't happen because it would look weird for them to be fighting. He's gone back on his word before.

Gamefreak75 said:
Northern Verve said:
“Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to,” he continued

"Which is why Bowser sounds like a Godzilla ripoff, donkey kong and diddy sound like real apes, and dedede sounds like a goddamn hellspawn. *laughs*"

oh, well, im on the #darksamusforsmash5 train now :mario:
Baby Luigi said:
oh and ganondorf is a clone of captain falcon because he was totally like that in the games he was originally portrayed in

really want to sound hypocritical eh? or maybe you don't realize what you have done....?
and captain falcon totally falcon punched in the f-zero games

and fox definitely caught himself on fire in the star fox games

and peach really attacked with her ass in the mario games

and i dont even remember the last time luigi didnt shoot himself like a missile

i mean, i TOTALLY get why he wouldn't make him playable: it would sorta demean that threatening, boss attitude he has. making all of those wrongs and putting this wrong in doesn't make it a right.

but that totally begs the question: why not just fix all of those damn wrongs if that's his reasoning?

And just to clarify, I really appreciate everything Sakurai's done, but he should've just left it at "he's too big" and it would've been the end. There was no need to bring up "balance of the game" or the "accurate portrayals" aspect, it just seems ridiculous.

Northern Verve said:
Ridley Fans aren't going to like this

Sakurai said:
“I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer,” Sakurai told IGN in an email interview. “It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely.”

“Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to,” he continued. “If I don’t stick to that thought, then we’d have to lower the quality or break the balance of the game. Something that goes way off spec could break the entire game.”

Yeah... basically as long as Sakurai is director of Smash. Ridley probably isn't going to be a playable

disappointing, but at this point i'm really not surprised. oh well, there's always dark samus

Any Metroid character being added before Ridley just feels wrong. It's like adding Ghirahim and not having Ganondorf. I hope Sakurai comes to his senses and sees that a resized Ridley can work.

Ridley-size.png

Told you it's because he's too big

Sakurai did make inconsistencies with characters, but I think that this Smash has the most representations from the series. I'm not sure if he puts voices and characters in the same boat, and a lot of moves being made for the character is probably due to wanting to make up moves so that they better fit with the balance of the fighting game.

But yeah, this basically is the final nail in the coffin for Ridley. I mean as SonicMario put it, as long as Sakurai is in charge of Smash, Ridley will not be playable. I mean, I don't see the problem, as at least he's a boss and probably would have been preferred than if he was an actual character who was all mis-shaped and Ridley fans saying that Sakurai ruined Ridley by his movesets or his character design or whatnot.

Safari refuses to paste things. It's a bummer because I found this link that says Nintendo isn't planning on releasing any more DLC.

AKA sorry folks.

EDIT: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-is-not-planning-on-releasing-more-smash-bros.-dlc Working.

it's clickbait. "not planning" is a lot different from "not working on it right now", which is what sakurai actually said

i'd be completely fine if we didn't get any more dlc

Turboo said:
it's clickbait. "not planning" is a lot different from "not working on it right now", which is what sakurai actually said
which is exactly why it says "not planning" in my message and the url

EDIT: wow I misinterperted it
nvm

You know, I get taking some liberaties with characters who have nothing to go off of, or some characters that do. But when theres absolutely no reason to not make a characters portrayal like it they are in their games, you're being lazy or stubborn. Or both. 3 games and still a clone is unacceptable. Period.

Bowser and DK's lack of voices also has no excuse for it that I'd ever believe. Another thing that's not an accurate portrayal of characters.

Sakurai makes himself look stupid constantly in interviews and exposes his nonsensical logic.

DaKid said:
But when theres absolutely no reason to not make a characters portrayal like it they are in their games, you're being lazy or stubborn.
So, we put Captain Falcon in the Blue Falcon and have him fight from there?

Sometimes, we kinda have to improvise. After all, what's the fun of having every single detail exactly like what's in the games?

Vaporeon said:
DaKid said:
But when theres absolutely no reason to not make a characters portrayal like it they are in their games, you're being lazy or stubborn.

Sometimes, we kinda have to improvise. After all, what's the fun of having every single detail exactly like what's in the games?
We're talking about voice portrayal, and I think the terrible voices Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and to an extent, Mario, Luigi and Wario are inexcusable.

Magikrazy said:
am i the only one who doesnt see a problem with the voices

in fact i like diddys voice better in smash bros

Trust me, you're not.

Voices is based on preference though and "inexcusable" is an opinionated word in this situation (because you know, not everyone has to feel the same way about it). Some people actually don't care or like the new voices (gasp, I know). It's not like they made up some sort of move that is blantantly not from their series that they use.

Magikrazy said:

Yes, you're the only one in the world who doesn't see a problem with the voices and you shall be smitten.

Claus said:
Magikrazy said:

Trust me, you're not.

Voices is based on preference though and "inexcusable" is an opinionated word in this situation (because you know, not everyone has to feel the same way about it). Some people actually don't care or like the new voices (gasp, I know). It's not like they made up some sort of move that is blantantly not from their series that they use.
1st, *blatant and 2nd, Mario Finale, kind of. :<

Diddy Kong is just... ugh. And I can't shake it.

Vaporeon said:
DaKid said:

I get taking some liberties with characters who have nothing to go off of.

You missed that.

Magikrazy said:
dakid, arent you going to defend your stage leak

its been deconfirmed
It wasn't my stage leak.

More details about receiving Mewtwo (and the soundtrack) from here: http://club2.nintendo.com/smash-promo/

Register both games on Club Nintendo by March 31 to receive a download code for each game whenever the DLC is released. Currently only us/can/jp specific now, but the rest of the regions will probably be updated later. Also this disclaimer:

Available in US and Canada only.
CD offer available from 11/20/2014 9:00pm PT to 1/13/2015 11:59pm PT. Limit 1 per customer.
Mewtwo DLC offer available from 11/20/2015 9:00pm PT to 3/31/2015 11:59pm PT. Limit 1 per customer.
Please contact us if you have a family account and cannot redeem.
The soundtrack CD will ship in March, 2015.
Mewtwo DLC will be available for download in Spring, 2015. Mewtwo DLC may be available for purchase in the future.
So I guess there's hope for people who don't want to purchase both versions.

also in an attempt to find the Australian version of this (which I don't think has been posted at the time of writing) I found out that the Nintendo 404 page uses Error from Zelda II, neat

Pakkuman said:
Nice! March 31.
Actually that's just the deadline for registration, not Mewtwo's release date. The codes themselves will be distributed much later.

Back