• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Why not a Pokemon theme song sing-off?

Lol, arguments over Casual vs. Hardcore.

All I want to say is that all the melee fanboys trying to force people that melee is a fun game or that melee is the best smash (which I still find to be the worse one) need to get off that high horse.

I know a lot of you guys know my opinion, but I just find that unless it's like a big tournament for big money, there should be some flexibility with the tournament rules, which not a lot are like. I mean, I'll probably never touch For Glory mode - or Little Mac Mode - just because I know it'll be filled with people that mostly only care about the competitive stuff.

EDIT - BTW, Magikrazy, pretty sure that is the final boss theme from Wonderful 101 playing in that Mario galaxy stage footage.

Competitive players need to get off their high horse? How about the people who rag on competitive players for playing competitively, like you're doing.

Also, most Little Mac players in for glory aren't very good and use easy, predictable tactics.

GalacticPetey said:
Competitive players need to get off their high horse? How about the people who rag on competitive players for playing competitively, like you're doing.

Also, most Little Mac players in for glory aren't very good and use easy, predictable tactics.

I wasn't ragging the competitive players, just the melee fanboys that act like it's a crime to hate Melee, like you're doing.

My problem is not with people who dislike Melee. If you think that way, fine by me. My issue is with people who hate competitive play simply because it's not played the way they like.

GalacticPetey said:
My problem is not with people who dislike Melee. If you think that way, fine by me. My issue is with people who hate competitive play simply because it's not played the way they like.

I have no issue with the way they play it. If they find it fun, then that's fine, but my issue is that there are some people that will completely not play a game like Brawl over the most minor reasons such as the tripping. I mean, sure it's annoying and can be critical if they lose because of it in a high stake tournament, but I'm also talking about competitive players that AREN'T in tournaments that you literally can't play with unless it's Final Destination with no items.

overly anti-competitive people are just as annoying as overly competitive people

just saying

BMB, you seriously need to find your chill. Every time I come into this thread, I see you immediately jumping on any slight criticism or personal grievance anyone has about Smash Bros. or Sakurai. It's ok, the games don't have to be perfect for you to enjoy them.

and I still find it quaint how people think they know more about Smash Bros. than GalacticPetey, because you totally don't.

Claus said:
GalacticPetey said:

I have no issue with the way they play it. If they find it fun, then that's fine, but my issue is that there are some people that will completely not play a game like Brawl over the most minor reasons such as the tripping. I mean, sure it's annoying and can be critical if they lose because of it in a high stake tournament, but I'm also talking about competitive players that AREN'T in tournaments that you literally can't play with unless it's Final Destination with no items.
Tripping is not the reason Brawl was disliked (though it was avery annoying and pointless feature). The complete overhaul in gameplay that was specifically designed to go against competitive play was an issue. Competetive players felt alienated because some of the best aspects of competitive play were removed just because they were competitive.

And those FD only people? They really don't exist. Nearly every competitive player will say Battlefield is more balanced. Those are just stereotypes that spawned from the inaccurate fox only, no items, FD meme.

GalacticPetey said:
And those FD only people? They really don't exist. Nearly every competitive player will say Battlefield is more balanced. Those are just stereotypes that spawned from the inaccurate fox only, no items, FD meme.

If they really don't exist then why does Sakurai think that the Omega stages should be all exactly like Final Destinaiton clones

I'm pretty sure they do exist because whenever I see people have a "serious" match, they ALWAYS pick Final Destination.

? Block said:
GalacticPetey said:

If they really don't exist then why does Sakurai think that the Omega stages should be all exactly like Final Destinaiton clones

I'm pretty sure they do exist because whenever I see people have a "serious" match, they ALWAYS pick Final Destination.
It's more that the fox only stereotype is associated with competitive players and it's inaccurate. Fox is played a lot in Melee, he's good but he's also fun to play because of how fast he is and how much he can dictate the pace of the match. Final Destination is chosen by casual players to have a serious match often yes, but Fox Only + Final Destination only people aren't common.

Northern Verve said:
I've almost gotten all the Custom Moves in the Game. I just have to get Dr. Mario and Dark Pit's now xP
What is your secret?

The RNG for them doesn't want me to ever get new ones.

Robin said:
Northern Verve said:
I've almost gotten all the Custom Moves in the Game. I just have to get Dr. Mario and Dark Pit's now xP
What is your secret?

The RNG for them doesn't want me to ever get new ones.

Lots of Free Time + Dozens, dozens, and dozens of Smash Run xP

EDIT: As a side note, it helps to use all the characters to get their Custom Moves. Because while it is possible to get other characters Custom Moves when using someone else. You're more likely to get that character's Custom Moves when you collect the Wrench bags in Smash Run. It's not guaranteed as even if you do really well they could give you the Moves you already have and/or Equipment. But it does help to use every single character in collecting Custom Moves. If you need help going through Smash Run with slower characters. Boost up their speed with Equipment.

supermariofan said:
I think a better question is: What would Mewtwo sound like? Unless they're gonna be lazy and record his Melee voice

I wouldn't have a single bit of a problem if they did that, because I really liked that voice. Sure, it might be lazy of them but that would be a million times better than having him sound like a female like in his last movie. I would like some new voice acting, but sadly that can't come from his voice actor from Melee because he died.

Anser said:
supermariofan said:
I think a better question is: What would Mewtwo sound like? Unless they're gonna be lazy and record his Melee voice

I wouldn't have a single bit of a problem if they did that, because I really liked that voice. Sure, it might be lazy of them but that would be a million times better than having him sound like a female like in his last movie.
Oh my God, don't even get me started on that. That was so completely BS.

Anser said:
supermariofan said:

I would like some new voice acting, but sadly that can't come from his voice actor from Melee because he died.

he's not dead

the melee voice is my favorite so it'd be nice to have

Brawl was completely, 100%, able to be played competitively. Melee fans just didn't want to adjust for the most part, sure things played somewhat differently but there is a thing called adapting. Which I did, I honestly hated competitive play in Melee, it was tedious and got boring real fast.

Claus said:
I know a lot of you guys know my opinion, but I just find that unless it's like a big tournament for big money, there should be some flexibility with the tournament rules.

I completely agree.

Back