Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
No, I didn't see one when he scrolled through them.

Anna said:
sakurai needs to learn valve's style of balance

"make everyone have something op"

it's worked pretty well in tf2 and dota 2

The entire thought of Brawl Minus is to make everyone OP and it still achieved a better sense of balance than Brawl

Apparently ROB got buffed a bit, with his forward smash being stronger, and his up smash being easier to hit ground opponents. Sweet.

BTW, I have to say I'm happy with the roster (except for the fact of ICs and Wolf being cut). I'm super excited to try out all of the new characters, even Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.

I just want to know what the differences between Pit and Dark Pit are. I don't care if it's just the special effects on his attacks changed, I just want to know.

His side b has an electric effect (this could be on normal pit as well, I never payed much attention to him) and (this one may have been a customization, I missed this part) his arrow was slower.

Baby Luigi said:
Shy​ Guy said:
I heard Meta Knight has been nerfed to all hell.

Enough to be Low-Tier, even.

that's why i said earlier that sakurai doesn't know *bleep* about balance
Mario apparently got buffed though. (that's the only thing that matters)

I'm not entirely going YAAAY because I remember how Zelda and Bowser were buffed in Brawl, but still ended up sucking.

Just want to say my overall feelings right now are bittersweet. I may disagree about some things from the final roster. But otherwise, I'm happy to see we finally have some closure.

Now I can look forward to the actual game first and foremost ^^

supermariofan said:
Turns out the Wii U version will have more characters...Here's to hoping for Mewtwo, Ridley, Impa and Dixie

will the ice climbers have a chance after all??

supermariofan said:
After all did see a shadow of Ridley in the Wii U version grabbing and throwing Pikachu

you act like it's impossible to have bosses grab and throw characters

So within hours of finding out the final roster, rumours of the wii u version having more characters just ''happen'' to start appearing?

No, not buying it.

Supermariofan, you're only delaying your inevitable disappointment by trying to hold on to this rumor. Until any further notice (AKA DLC), we have an official final roster.

GalacticPetey said:
Let me address the elephant in the room. Yes, Ridley, my most wanted character is not in. It stings and I'll move on. I just want to know why. I want to know why Sakurai thinks Ridley is not good for Smash. There really is no reason not include him at this point. I also want to know why he was so vague with him. Maybe I over analyzed, but you have to admit that Sakurai was being oddly vague and secretive with Ridley. He was hinted to but never mentioned for over a year. I'd rather Sakirai just rip the band-aid off instead of slowly and painfully peeling it off.

And if anyone one comes in being an ass about Ridley, I will report you for trolling. There's no need to be a dick about something I actually cared about.

You know, just because your favorite is not in Smash doesn't mean you can threaten people that you'll report them for being content that this is the roster and that certain characters were not put in for the fans. I understand that you are upset, but unless they are obviously trolling, then you shouldn't abuse that. Besides, you were being quite a character whenever people disagreed with you about Ridley not being in Smash.

As to why Sakurai might have not put him in; perhaps he found Ridley better suited as a boss character. Maybe he found that due to the processing power of the 3DS, he had to limit the roster, and the three clones were added so that it gave the roster a bit more numbers. I don't know the reason, but we also have to remember that I have theorized before that there maybe an "update" so that a few extra characters are added when the Wii U version comes out so it gives a little bit of surprise. You can hold on to that if you want, but I'm not sure if that very slim possibly should be worth getting your hopes back up if more than likely it'll crush them again.

And Sakurai is a troll himself. He purposefully hinted at things to get people's attention. It was very successful, and I'm sure that had he deconfirmed Ridley right then and there, people would have been less caring of the other stuff in Smash. Plus, he heavily hinted at Ridley's role in Smash (being a boss for Pyrosphere), so it's not like there wasn't doubts that he wouldn't be playable. Maybe he did it the wrong way, but Sakurai is Sakurai, and his ability to do unexpected things is what makes him a great guy because you never know what you'll get with Smash until he reveals it (or someone leaks it), and it keeps you interested about the game.

All this being said, I am content with the roster that has been posted. I would rather do less with Dark Pit and Dr. Mario, but it's a great roster. I don't want the lack of characters like Mewtwo or Ridley make people say that the roster "sucks", especially with the additions of many great characters like Little Mac, Robin, Greninja, Shulk, and Palutena. Just because I didn't want Ridley, Mewtwo, Ghirahim, or King K. Rool doesn't mean I'm going to be a jerk about it.

GalacticPetey said:
Let me address the elephant in the room. Yes, Ridley, my most wanted character is not in. It stings and I'll move on. I just want to know why. I want to know why Sakurai thinks Ridley is not good for Smash. There really is no reason not include him at this point. I also want to know why he was so vague with him. Maybe I over analyzed, but you have to admit that Sakurai was being oddly vague and secretive with Ridley. He was hinted to but never mentioned for over a year. I'd rather Sakirai just rip the band-aid off instead of slowly and painfully peeling it off.

And if anyone one comes in being an ass about Ridley, I will report you for trolling. There's no need to be a dick about something I actually cared about.

I'm just as surprised especially with all the teasing he did about Ridley. Like, seriously what the fuck was the point of that. He should've just outright deconfirmed Ridley then and there during the Direct. Just say, Ridley's deconfirmed right there. I would've been mad, but gotten over it. And he obviously did tease a lot with some of the "big" comments and scale comments and it's just like Sakurai was being a huge dick.

It makes no sense, and I really think Sakurai botched it pretty bad with the roster, in my opinion. Adding questionable (aka shitty) "newcomers" like Dark Pit and Dr. Mario while throwing out Ice Climbers and Lucas and not even bothering to add newcomers for series that needed it like DK and Metroid is just stupid. No, Kid Icarus doesn't deserve three reps. It was a dead franchise before Brawl and suddenly it's the most represented series in Smash, minus Mario, imo, from Smash Run enemies to reps and items and Assist Trophies vs the amount of games the series had, especially when Kirby, DK, and Metroid got the shaft. I hate saying this, but I really think this is a case of Sakurai-bias. There's no two ways to say it. If hope they do plan to add DLC (which I hope they do, it'd fix a lot of my issues with the game like the GODAWFUL CSS PLACEMENT).

Also, can't believe that was the full roster. Load of shit it is.

Henry said:
And Sakurai is a troll himself. He purposefully hinted at things to get people's attention. It was very successful, and I'm sure that had he deconfirmed Ridley right then and there, people would have been less caring of the other stuff in Smash. Plus, he heavily hinted at Ridley's role in Smash (being a boss for Pyrosphere), so it's not like there wasn't doubts that he wouldn't be playable. Maybe he did it the wrong way, but Sakurai is Sakurai, and his ability to do unexpected things is what makes him a great guy because you never know what you'll get with Smash until he reveals it (or someone leaks it), and it keeps you interested about the game.

There's a difference between playful trolling and being an asshole, Sakurai was the latter when it came to Ridley. He led people on thinking Ridley may have had a chance because he wasn't deconfirmed right then and there.

If you want an example of playful trolling, look at the same direct with the ZSS bit or the whole boxing arena actually being Little Mac's Stage.

EDIT: Forgot to post this since IC and Lucas are gone.

Kellam said:
It makes no sense, and I really think Sakurai botched it pretty bad with the roster, in my opinion. Adding questionable (aka shitty) "newcomers" like Dark Pit and Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario ain't a newcomer bro.

I would sacrifice Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina if it meant we got another original moveset character, Snake, new Ganon moveset, Ridley, anyone. This is Sakurai going quantity over quality, which sucks.

Back