Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Speaking of that, what is the second song for Green Hill Zone?

Gah, I added a "Who are you going to main?" poll. But I submitted it too early, can a mod edit so that all 51 characters are votable at once? (Because I know some people might have like 10 or so mains instead of the usual 4 or 5 that I see)

EDIT: Thank you!

Look what I got ^^

ecdcE1s.jpg

IsNkS6M.jpg

f8B6aG5.jpg

eKgh660.jpg

This is a controller grip that I requested for my birthday (It didn't arrive in the mail until today). Playing Smash on the 3DS should feel alot more comfortable now. Because it's like my 3DS is now like a Console controller.

GalacticPetey said:
You say Sakurai is a troll. Sakurai also said he doesn't like building up false hype. There's a difference between playful teasing and what had happened. Every other character, Chrom, Skull Kid, Waluigi, Takamaru, he explicitly stated they were deconfirmed. They even corrected IGN when they originally posted that Chrom was playable. But Ridley? Not a peep.

My issue isn't that Ridley is not in, it's the way Sakurai treated the whole thing. Had Ridley been shown as a hazard along with Pyrosphere back in August 2013, then I would have gotten over it.

Are you kidding me?

Sakurai heavily hinted at Ridley not being playable by showing Ridley's shadow. Maybe his message didn't get through clearly, but I don't think everyone should be saying that what he did was downright disgusting or one of the meanest things ever.

The reason why you all see it that way is because you OVERANALYSIZED this crap. I could give have given you tons of reasons on why Mewtwo would have came back even though he didn't, all being speculation. Apparently everyone like you had "strong reasoning" for why Ridley was basically going to happen this time around, and these trophy theories from the Smash direct and the Ridley shadow being actually Meta Ridley.

In reality, he showed off Pyrosphere in August of 2013, and mentioned there would be a boss that visits once in awhile, and (iirc), Ridley was the boss at this place in Other M. Then during the Smash Direct in April of this year, he showed Ridley's shadow, which yes left speculation but also was a subtle message saying "Ridley is not in". Other than that, he did not state anything else.

You guys made it so that you would build up with all these speculations and "theories" and had basically all the proof that Ridley was in and got yourself way too hyped. Now you guys are all overreacting about the roster and at Sakurai who has worked his damn ass off on this game for the past 3 years even though he is suffering from injuries when he works too hard. Sorry he didn't please you by adding Ridley in.

Ridley is not the only character that was/has been confirmed/deconfirmed. We still don't know what Isaac's status is if he is still an assist trophy or not. We don't know if Mewtwo will be in the game at all, K. Rool was theorized by fans and the Kremlings seemed to support his chances more than before, Ghirahim was long time speculated without really any proof until he was deconfirmed. Every time he deconfirms someone - Skull Kid, Ashley, Ghirahim, Shadow, Dillon - people get all flamed up over it saying that they should have been a character and stuff.

Do you think that if he outright deconfirmed Ridley that it would go so smoothly? Do you think that all the diehard Ridley fans would petition and try to make him change the game? Do you think that maybe what Sakurai has done was to try to ween people off of the Ridley hype train with all these hints that Ridley was not in so that it wasn't a giant mess? (unfortunately it backfired for him if he was trying that since people love to overanalyze Ridley instead of waiting to see if he'll be in or not.)

Again, I understand that you and a lot of the other big Ridley supports are going to be upset. I expect this for a least a week and whenever the topic is brought up, but don't blame Sakurai for the reason why you're upset. Ridley is just a character! Maybe Sakurai didn't treat the situation in the best possible manner it could have been in, and sure he could have teased less about it, but just...he doesn't talk about it, people theorize that something's up with Ridley, but he mentions Ridley, and people theorize that something's up with Ridley. It's a lose-lose for him! No matter what Ridley fans are going to be mad at him because Ridley's not in, and it's done and it's over with.

It's like people think that Sakurai promised people that Ridley was going to be in it...

Sakurai didn't "heavily hint" at anything other than the fact that Ridley would be in the game in some capacity. We did not know definitively what that capacity was, which fueled speculation. The idea that Sakurai wanted to "wean people off of the hype train" makes no sense, since as GP said, he explicitly mentioned the capacities to which various other hyped characters are involved. He has not done that with Ridley. Does that mean Ridley is playable? Not necessarily, but the matter isn't resolved yet regardless.

Northern Verve said:
Look what I got ^^

ecdcE1s.jpg

IsNkS6M.jpg

f8B6aG5.jpg

eKgh660.jpg

This is a controller grip that I requested for my birthday (It didn't arrive in the mail until today). Playing Smash on the 3DS should feel alot more comfortable now. Because it's like my 3DS is now like a Console controller.
How did you get the English version? It's not out yet?

live and learn is a fantastic song

even though that final boss battle was kind of annoying, the awesome soundtrack made me ignore that and treat the battle as totally amazing

Northern Verve said:
Look what I got ^^

ecdcE1s.jpg

IsNkS6M.jpg

f8B6aG5.jpg

eKgh660.jpg

Cool! Where did you get it?

supermariofan said:
So that means we have...14 MARIO CHARACTERS?!?!
I'm guessing that you're joking, but in all seriousness I would categorize the Koopalings with Alph. Characters that are similar enough to a certain playable character (Bowser Jr. and Olimar, respectively) to be deemed by Sakurai as possible alternate costumes.

Dean Winchester said:
Lumastar said:

Green Hill Zone and Live & Learn were the two tracks played in GHZ.
I'm fine with that. I'm very fine with that.

Dean Winchester said:
Lumastar said:

Green Hill Zone and Live & Learn were the two tracks played in GHZ.

I thought it was Open Your Heart? Maybe I didn't hear it correctly.

Edit: Just so I don't double post, here's Ness's new PK Starstorm. It only goes around him now, but seems like it does a lot more damage and looks visually better. The stage-wide Starstorm is saved for Lucas when he makes his glorious return as DLC...right? :'(

starstormh5xc9.gif

Double edit: You can control it.

starstorm2u6sow.gif

all images stolen from neogaf

I'm personally fine with the final roster. I am disappointed with Dark Pit being in and Ridley not. And Saki was a bit of asshole over Ridley and should deconfirmed. But it's not the end of world and lot of highly requested characters made it in.

Kellam said:
Edit: Just so I don't double post, here's Ness's new PK Starstorm. It only goes around him now, but seems like it does a lot more damage and looks visually better. The stage-wide Starstorm is saved for Lucas when he makes his glorious return as DLC...right? :'(

starstormh5xc9.gif

starstorm2u6sow.gif

looks so much better

also has everyone seen ROB's new FS?

Game Boy Toadvance said:
Kellam said:

starstormh5xc9.gif

starstorm2u6sow.gif

looks so much better

also has everyone seen ROB's new FS?
looks so much better. Wait, why does that sound familiar?

Final Smashes are looking good, expect maybe the Mario's and Peach's.

ill really miss lucas and wolf, and ice climbers too i guess since they were pretty much veterans
why were they cut
there was no reason to cut them
snake i can understand because of licencing and shit like that, thats okay
ivysaur and squirtle are fine too

but why would you cut 3 sick people :(

i guess i have more mains now but still ill really miss those 2 cause they were some of my favuorite people to play as

If anyone really cares....

Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. This is the World Status you can see in Spectator mode. The game isn't released yet so the map looks pretty plain now, but I wonder what it'll look like once it's out? Also, this is where you can see all sorts of stats being tallied up. In Group play and Spectator mode, you can see characters you haven't unlocked yet, so watch out if you don't want to be spoiled.

zlCfzSblzEc8wcbNGS

Even if you don't want to be spoiled, it might be wise to select the Online option at least once before you start the game. Your Global Smash Power won't appear until the first time you connect to the internet. Not only that, but there could potentially be a patch available that can resolve potential issues, like the one being released now for the Japanese version of the game. For the package version, updates can be pre-downloaded to your system even before you purchase the game, so make sure you look out for them.

zlCfzSblzN89_8hsXZ

Little too late to talk about not being spoiled....lol. Essentially, the thing to take away from this is that patches for the game are confirmed. Hopefully one of those patches is a DLC pack when the Wii U version releases. *hint* *hint*

Anyways, I'll post my overall thoughts on the characters, stages, Smash Run, and other stuff from the early leaking later.

I'm content with the roster but I can see how nearly everyone was disappointed by the hidden character choices. I think the already revealed characters already made the roster for me. I want to main the clones just because for some reason I like them. Dark Black Pit because I liked him in Uprising, Lucina because she has the best alt costumes and Doc because it's god damn Dr. Mario. Robin and Palutena look fun too, I'll try them out and see if I enjoy playing as them. Bowser Jr. sounds interesting but I haven't seen anything besides the 30 second video from the leak.

Was this already posted? Because an early patch gives this 'conquest' thing.

http://www.scooptendo.com/super-smash-bros-3ds-patch-conquest/

Back