Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
The blastzones on a lot of stages are massive. Characters seem to be living to like 200% on some stages. Even computer players, who are much easier to kill, are living ridiculously. Oh dear, this could potentially make matches drag out for a long time. This issue may be fixed on the Wii U version. If not, we have 2 stock competitive matches to look forward to. Maybe three if we're lucky.

Well from what I've played at the gamescom (the stage was the normal battlefield of the wii u version iirc (might've been something else actually my memory sucks)), it was pretty hard to ko somebody, yes.

GalacticPetey said:
Some interesting facts about Robin.

The Levin sword takes like only 5 seconds to regenerate after it breaks.
If you do a smash input n the air, his aerials will use the levin sword for an aerial smash attack. Just using the regular aerial button makes him use the bronze sword.
Nosferatu can heal up to 20% (holy shit)

No items, Robin only, Final Destination. Anyone?

What's the word on Toon Link?

About that roster picture, I sure damn hope it's real because then all 4 of my Brawl mains will be back. Come back to me, Wolf!

Fire Emblem Character said:
What's the word on Toon Link?

About that roster picture, I sure damn hope it's real because then all 4 of my Brawl mains will be back. Come back to me, Wolf!
I stopped watching the stream about an hour ago, so I don't know of he was mentioned. I'll see what I can gather.

Seems to dash faster
Hookshot has less lag and goes in a straight line. Also comes out faster in the air.
Bow shoots arrows farther and faster
Boomerang travels farther
Down air just goes straight as opposed to bouncing off of people like it did before.
Side taunt now has him looking at a fairy.

Other than that, pretty much the same.

Also, that roster image is fake.

GalacticPetey said:
Some interesting facts about Robin.

The Levin sword takes like only 5 seconds to regenerate after it breaks.
If you do a smash input n the air, his aerials will use the levin sword for an aerial smash attack. Just using the regular aerial button makes him use the bronze sword.
Nosferatu can heal up to 20% (holy shit)
yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

Something got me thinking. Alph is an Olimar skin, right? That was also Lucina's original role. It's possible that Sakurai could have made Lucina stay a costume and then made Alph a full character. I wonder how he could have played differently.

And you know what's the best part of making Jr. have Koopaling alts? Roy gets to fight again!

That's interesting, maybe the leak didn't contain all the hidden characters. That may confirm about why ice climbers are not there. Maybe Ridley really is in.

Lucina said:
That's interesting, maybe the leak didn't contain all the hidden characters. That may confirm about why ice climbers are not there. Maybe Ridley really is in.
That would mean that the ICs were some of the last characters to be unlocked. It would make sense for Ridley and Mewtwo to be late game unlockables, but the climbers?

Here are my guesses on the hidden characters: Mewtwo, Ridley, Impa, Dixie, Mach Rider, Chorus Men, and...Mickey Mo--okay now I'm done talking about him for real. Wolf

I think the characters most likely to be among the last unlockables (assuming there are some, but I'm pretty sure there are) are Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Wolf, Rhythm Heaven something, Impa, K. Rool, and to a much lesser extent Ice Climbers and Lucas. Anyone else I'm pretty sure isn't making it, but it's Sakurai so who knows.

ICs being a late game unlockable may not be too far fetched. Sakurai said he was having trouble with them. If that issue got sorted out, it may have been later in development and thus they would be implemented and unlocked later. Kind of like Jiggs in Brawl. She was added later on in development and ended up being one of the last unlocked, despite being an early unlock in the other games.

The character I was hoping for the most was Medusa from Kid Icarus. I'm hoping she'll make a "Villains DLC Pack" or something down the line. The game has no female villains. :(

Tryclyde said:
The character I was hoping for the most was Medusa from Kid Icarus. I'm hoping she'll make a "Villains DLC Pack" or something down the line. The game has no female villains. :(
At least the series now has more females period...a little too much females

supermariofan said:
Tryclyde said:
At least the series now has more females period...a little too much females
What?

Back