Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Maki Nishikino said:
It is definitely different.

I'm not believing that Ridley picture. Anybody can make an image, what matters is whether they can back it up with actual proof.
but even so its so perfectly edited
like damn son

q6zgsa2

Better image of the demo

MidnaFreak said:
Tsumugi Kotobuki said:
mewtwo's little horn looks like it's sticking out of his panel
Also Fox's ear, lol

curse you, leaker!!

if only this image wasn't extremely blurry, it would be much easier to tell whether this is real or not!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jefSTKFHH1s
[/youtube]

Here's a picture of Fox's Wolf inspired costume.
W4Xf68z.jpg

And another thing, Diddy still has his Dixie inspired costume. This doesn't deconfirm her because Mario had a Wario inspired costume in Brawl, but her chances are not as likely.

And here's more info from the demo players!
*Pac-Man feels like the "new" Game and Watch in tersm of animation and fighting style
*Charizard is mostly unchanged. As I said yesterday I sense a lot of Project M "inspiration" in a lot of the changes to characters moves. His recovery is like an upward flare blitz. Good vertical range, bad horizontal. No gliding. Still has multiple jumps. His side B can be used as a horizontal recovery, it's a horizontal flare blitz.
*Move customization is accessible after you select a character easily at the CSS. First you turn it on, by hitting a button on the top right of the bottom screen. After that, an interface appears on the bottom character portraits. There's 8 slots for 4 equipment and 4 b move modifications. It's easy and quick to do.
*No Galacta Meta Knight is not in. There is white skin but it's not what you're looking for. Sorry.
*Waddle Dees still carry DDD in and are in his victory pose. Sorry.
*No white Yoshi
*Every character has 8 costumes I counted but I cannot remember them all.
*The announcer says "Pikmin and _______" depending on who you are, Alph or Olimar. Hooray.
*Yoshi colors are Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, light blue, purple, black, pink.
*more experimentation with meta knight. His up b recover had a 2nd hit I hadn't noticed until now. At the peak of the recovery.
*you CANNOT cancel the dash ANIMATION. Only running with shield.
*Metaknight was given some Harsh landing lag on his swipe aerials.
*Sheik's landing lag is non-existent EXCEPT when she lands after using needles. It's small though. her fair doesn't gimp like Melee, but it's back to having that horizontal knockback.
*There is a green hoodie alternate for little Mac.
*Blue bowser is in
*I'm not sure what to think of samus but her up air is a combo move it hits the opponent multiple times before letting them go. Her moveset is largely the same. To me she felt kinda clunky but that could JUST BE ME. I am not good with Samus in other games.
*I played Sheik once again to reaffirm my bold claims on her. She is downright crazy. The only move she has that does have noticeable lag is her dair kick in to the ground. Sheik is for all of you who miss Melee. Mark my words.
*Mii fighters are NOT in the starting roster even with customization on.
*I explored customization more. After you turn customization on and go to the slot to pick different moves...it takes you to a separate screen where you can pick equipment and special moves. If you click the moves button it shows your 4 current default moves. Unfortunately there is ZERO gear and ZERO extra moves unlocked it appears so there are no choices in either case. When you make edits, you can save a PROFILE of your customization, that you can pick from a brief quick menu that pops up after you hit start. You must hit a on the customization you want to use. It appears the selector saves to your previously used profile.
*Zelda has no alt color with purple hair or something resembling what you all bring up as "Hilda", or any special alt costumes.
*DK has surprisingly little landing lag all around, most notably his bair and his dair recover really quick. His recovery strikes me as a bit nerfed given the lack of a ledge snap if he needs to go vertical. The down B slap move has kind of a ridiculous range but I think it always did? It's visible now by a "pound" visual effect.
*Okay Zelda. Listen to me. Her fair and bair are both kicks with sweet spots that hit for 18-20% with huge knock back if you nail it. Low landing lag. 4-6% otherwise. Her teleport doesn't just do damage on reappearance. The enacting animation launches opponents close enough. If you use the teleport it will launch people, and if you use it upward you appear almost precisely at their launch point to hit them with the reappearing attack, which tends to be quite gnarly since they are already quite high from the launch. Her neutral air is a twirl almost exactly like peach except it is several hits. It hits the opponent maybe 4-5 times if you catch the opponent on the first hit of it.
*Link - very low landing lag on his nair and bair. His boomerang only shows the whirlwind on its way back. He's much faster than brawl link. His fsmash (both parts of it) are faster. He felt good.
*Shulk - figured out his mechanic. You swap through the stances pressing b, and when you see the one you want, you simply just wait like half a second and he will stance dance automatically.
*links meteor smash on his dair is there.
*shields definitely break quicker. It APPEARED to me that I broke Mario's shield hitting it twice in a row with a sonic dtilt.
*sonics down tilt no longer launches the opponent slightly for combo ability. It pushes them away. This made me a little sad. his homing attack seems "smarter". Brawl one was dumb you all know what I mean. his rolling attack (running a) catches opponents for a few hits. his fair tends to auto cancel a lot.
*Marth. still feel his range is short, counter is definitely godlike, and when you tipper you will know as it makes a flashy colored animation (totally big deal right)
*final destination, despite it's awesome new look having a questionable underbelly, is changed back to the old style collision where you will slide up the bottom to the ledge. IE NOT like brawls final destination which made me rage all the time when I first got brawl.

GalacticPetey said:
Here's a picture of Fox's Wolf inspired costume.
W4Xf68z.jpg

And another thing, Diddy still has his Dixie inspired costume. This doesn't deconfirm her because Mario had a Wario inspired costume in Brawl, but her chances are not as likely.

And here's more info from the demo players!
*Pac-Man feels like the "new" Game and Watch in tersm of animation and fighting style
*Charizard is mostly unchanged. As I said yesterday I sense a lot of Project M "inspiration" in a lot of the changes to characters moves. His recovery is like an upward flare blitz. Good vertical range, bad horizontal. No gliding. Still has multiple jumps. His side B can be used as a horizontal recovery, it's a horizontal flare blitz.
*Move customization is accessible after you select a character easily at the CSS. First you turn it on, by hitting a button on the top right of the bottom screen. After that, an interface appears on the bottom character portraits. There's 8 slots for 4 equipment and 4 b move modifications. It's easy and quick to do.
*No Galacta Meta Knight is not in. There is white skin but it's not what you're looking for. Sorry.
*Waddle Dees still carry DDD in and are in his victory pose. Sorry.
*No white Yoshi
*Every character has 8 costumes I counted but I cannot remember them all.
*The announcer says "Pikmin and _______" depending on who you are, Alph or Olimar. Hooray.
*Yoshi colors are Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, light blue, purple, black, pink.
*more experimentation with meta knight. His up b recover had a 2nd hit I hadn't noticed until now. At the peak of the recovery.
*you CANNOT cancel the dash ANIMATION. Only running with shield.
*Metaknight was given some Harsh landing lag on his swipe aerials.
*Sheik's landing lag is non-existent EXCEPT when she lands after using needles. It's small though. her fair doesn't gimp like Melee, but it's back to having that horizontal knockback.
*There is a green hoodie alternate for little Mac.
*Blue bowser is in
*I'm not sure what to think of samus but her up air is a combo move it hits the opponent multiple times before letting them go. Her moveset is largely the same. To me she felt kinda clunky but that could JUST BE ME. I am not good with Samus in other games.
*I played Sheik once again to reaffirm my bold claims on her. She is downright crazy. The only move she has that does have noticeable lag is her dair kick in to the ground. Sheik is for all of you who miss Melee. Mark my words.
*Mii fighters are NOT in the starting roster even with customization on.
*I explored customization more. After you turn customization on and go to the slot to pick different moves...it takes you to a separate screen where you can pick equipment and special moves. If you click the moves button it shows your 4 current default moves. Unfortunately there is ZERO gear and ZERO extra moves unlocked it appears so there are no choices in either case. When you make edits, you can save a PROFILE of your customization, that you can pick from a brief quick menu that pops up after you hit start. You must hit a on the customization you want to use. It appears the selector saves to your previously used profile.
*Zelda has no alt color with purple hair or something resembling what you all bring up as "Hilda", or any special alt costumes.
*DK has surprisingly little landing lag all around, most notably his bair and his dair recover really quick. His recovery strikes me as a bit nerfed given the lack of a ledge snap if he needs to go vertical. The down B slap move has kind of a ridiculous range but I think it always did? It's visible now by a "pound" visual effect.
*Okay Zelda. Listen to me. Her fair and bair are both kicks with sweet spots that hit for 18-20% with huge knock back if you nail it. Low landing lag. 4-6% otherwise. Her teleport doesn't just do damage on reappearance. The enacting animation launches opponents close enough. If you use the teleport it will launch people, and if you use it upward you appear almost precisely at their launch point to hit them with the reappearing attack, which tends to be quite gnarly since they are already quite high from the launch. Her neutral air is a twirl almost exactly like peach except it is several hits. It hits the opponent maybe 4-5 times if you catch the opponent on the first hit of it.
*Link - very low landing lag on his nair and bair. His boomerang only shows the whirlwind on its way back. He's much faster than brawl link. His fsmash (both parts of it) are faster. He felt good.
*Shulk - figured out his mechanic. You swap through the stances pressing b, and when you see the one you want, you simply just wait like half a second and he will stance dance automatically.
*links meteor smash on his dair is there.
*shields definitely break quicker. It APPEARED to me that I broke Mario's shield hitting it twice in a row with a sonic dtilt.
*sonics down tilt no longer launches the opponent slightly for combo ability. It pushes them away. This made me a little sad. his homing attack seems "smarter". Brawl one was dumb you all know what I mean. his rolling attack (running a) catches opponents for a few hits. his fair tends to auto cancel a lot.
*Marth. still feel his range is short, counter is definitely godlike, and when you tipper you will know as it makes a flashy colored animation (totally big deal right)
*final destination, despite it's awesome new look having a questionable underbelly, is changed back to the old style collision where you will slide up the bottom to the ledge. IE NOT like brawls final destination which made me rage all the time when I first got brawl.
Most of this information is very hype worthy. I don't think Fox's costume outright deconfirms him, but it doesn't help him either. Still holding out for surprise inclusion of the Ice Climbers.

Thats pretty funny since when I was a kid playing Smash bros 64 I'd sometimes have fox fight another fox and pretend its wolf.

I have a feeling that Dedede will be top tier in this game, only to get nerfed to bottom tier in SSB5.

Some interesting facts about Robin.

The Levin sword takes like only 5 seconds to regenerate after it breaks.
If you do a smash input n the air, his aerials will use the levin sword for an aerial smash attack. Just using the regular aerial button makes him use the bronze sword.
Nosferatu can heal up to 20% (holy shit)

GalacticPetey said:

If you do a smash input n the air, his aerials will use the levin sword for an aerial smash attack. Just using the regular aerial button makes him use the bronze sword.
Nosferatu can heal up to 20% (holy shit)
I can't wait for the epic battles in For Glory between Robin and Shiek.

Shulk info:

Smashes have great range
Hit B repeatedly to swap between stances. When you the one you want, don;t touch anything for a split second and it will switch.
Stances almost make him feel like another character. Very noticeable differences.
Stance changes apparently last 11 seconds.
"I'm really feeling it" is a taunt.

Fire Emblem Character said:
I have a feeling that Dedede will be top tier in this game, only to get nerfed to bottom tier in SSB5.
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

Slow down there!

SSB4 still hasn't been released. Don't talk about SSB5 yet.

Pikachu has Gold/Ethan's hat now as well as a fighter's headband. The birthday hat is also back.

Luigi also has no special costumes. No Mr. L.

Same with Meta Knight. No Galacta or Dark skins.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
GalacticPetey said:
fuck

well didn't someone say link didn't have one of his confirmed costumes either? there's still hope
No. Everyone in the demo had their 8 costumes (except Little Mac who has 16). Link had all of his I believe. But honestly, Fierce Deity was all I needed in terms of Link costumes.

Magikrazy said:
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

Slow down there!

I'm just referencing how Kirby characters are really good in one game, and horrible in the next, like Melee Kirby and supposedly SSB4 Meta Knight.

Magikrazy said:
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

Slow down there!

I'm just referencing how Kirby characters are really good in one game, and horrible in the next, like Melee Kirby and supposedly SSB4 Meta Knight.
Currently watching the stream. He said Meta knight is not awful. he's decent, but he heavilly nerfed.

GalacticPetey said:

Nosferatu can heal up to 20% (holy *bleep*)

Can't wait to play as him, he's gonna wreck.

GalacticPetey said:

shietshietshiet

EDIT: "Warning - while you were typing 6 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post."

FFS GUYS

GalacticPetey said:
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
GalacticPetey said:
fuck

well didn't someone say link didn't have one of his confirmed costumes either? there's still hope
No. Everyone in the demo had their 8 costumes (except Little Mac who has 16). Link had all of his I believe. But honestly, Fierce Deity was all I needed in terms of Link costumes.
They must have changed it then, because IIRC Link had a Skyward Sword costume that wasn't in the demo. At least someone on Gamefaqs who allegedly played it said that.

Back