Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
I'm still pissed that because of the 3DS version, the Ice climbers may be cut. If having the ICs meant just the Wii U version, I'd be fine.

Of course, if Ridley was playable then I wouldn't mind about the lack of ICs.

GalacticPetey said:
I'm still pissed that because of the 3DS version, the Ice climbers may be cut. If having the ICs meant just the Wii U version, I'd be fine.

eh, personally I would rather have a portable smash than one extra character I don't use anyway. But I suppose its always better with more characters, I just don't think one character is worth an entire game with different stages, trophies, music, etc

If the hidden characters are Mewtwo, Ridley, Impa, Dixie, Wolf, and/or Ice Climbers it would be the best Smash Bros game despite the return of Dr Mario and the inclusion of Dark Pit of all Kid Icarus characters

Warning. Massive image. This details all the legitimate leaks that happened and hopefully clears up any confusion.
http://i.imgur.com/5VhbSBK.jpg

GalacticPetey said:

imo a version of the game with different stages and other stuff in addition to portability is worth way more than one flippin character

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
Maᴙio said:
...let's not get into a debate about this. Birdo is a guy that wants to be called a girl. Therefore, we call Birdo a girl.
Nah, your gender is determined by what's 'tween your legs when you're born. Just my opinion, let's not get into an argument about it
What the hell? Did you just use the word "tween" as a shortened form of "between"?

That sounds 'pid.

Anyway, idc about the ics.

Bowshygul said:
GalacticPetey said:

imo a version of the game with different stages and other stuff in addition to portability is worth way more than one flippin character
But it's not just them. Who knows how else the 3DS version is holding back the Wii U version? Also, the stage list for the 3DS feels bland and slapped together. Too many Mario stages and a ton of stages just reused from Melee and Brawl, some of which had been reused twice before. The 3DS version got no new DK, Yoshi, Metroid, Star Fox, Pikmin, or Sonic stages. Not to mention that Punch-Out, Mega Man, and Xenoblade all just had their stage recycled for the 3DS version. But five Mario stages is just fine apparently.

The 3DS version is also lacking things like target smash and events. To be honest, the 3DS version just seems bleh and slapped together. I knew the Wii U version was gonna be the better version, but not by this much.

See, this is why I wanted the Wii U version.

Not just because buying 3 3DS games would cost way more than 1 Wii U, but because the Wii U version is the better version.

GalacticPetey said:
Bowshygul said:
GalacticPetey said:

But it's not just them. Who knows how else the 3DS version is holding back the Wii U version? Also, the stage list for the 3DS feels bland and slapped together. Too many Mario stages and a ton of stages just reused from Melee and Brawl, some of which had been reused twice before. The 3DS version got no new DK, Yoshi, Metroid, Star Fox, Pikmin, or Sonic stages. Not to mention that Punch-Out, Mega Man, and Xenoblade all just had their stage recycled for the 3DS version. But five Mario stages is just fine apparently.

The 3DS version is also lacking things like target smash and events. To be honest, the 3DS version just seems bleh and slapped together. I knew the Wii U version was gonna be the better version, but not by this much.
What about Smash Run? I think that's a major selling point for the 3DS.

Why are people like "oh, I think that they'll just reveal tons of characters this week."

There is still a Wii U version that they are going to hype up. My bet is that they will be having "secret character" reveals like they did in Brawl where it'll not let you know about the character unless you click and say "ok" to the "warning: spoilers" label and whatnot.

Also to those that like to look into the character amount, don't you think that maybe the roster won't be complete for the 3DS? Don't you think that maybe there will be an update to the game where the last 5 characters will be added when Sm4sh Wii U comes out? I could easily see Sakurai being that kind of guy that doesn't want to spoil the entire roster until both versions are out, and so the fact that we've only seen that leak with the 48 characters could lead to the fact that the other characters are purposefully hidden until the release of the Wii U version?

I can't be the only one that has thought of this, but I feel like a lot of people are forgetting that there is a Part 2 of Sm4sh.

GalacticPetey said:
Bowshygul said:
GalacticPetey said:

How do we know there's no Target Smash or Events? It could be in the stadiums menu, which Sakurai hasn't shown yet.

*looks at stage list for 3DS*

Maaaaan, what Smash information was I missing?

They could've ditched Mushroomy Kingdom and Golden Plains so the Mario stage amount wouldn't be so excessive. And they're returning Corneria, Brinstar AND Jungle Japes, which are Melee stages that appeared in Brawl? Eh, my only major complaint and concern is that flippin' Green Hill Zone is back, and I don't like the look of that N Castle stage.

Mariofan169 said:
GalacticPetey said:
Bowshygul said:
GalacticPetey said:

How do we know there's no Target Smash or Events? It could be in the stadiums menu, which Sakurai hasn't shown yet.
I believe here was an image in either the leak or the full game demo of a menu showing Home Run Contest, that angry birds like thing, and multi man Melee. Target smash would normally be included there but it was not. People playing the final build of the game at the demo stations in Japan apparently could not find event matches anywhere.

GalacticPetey said:
Bowshygul said:
GalacticPetey said:

can you actually name some other ways that the 3DS version is somehow holding the Wii U one back?

but yeah I do agree that it's dumb that they're reusing so many stages. as for events and target smash are they even 100% confirmed to not be present? and even they aren't present they really weren't that great in my experience so idgaf about them being gone. plus we got Smash Run. as for it being "bleh and slapped together," a 3DS game with the amount of stuff this game is going to have is pretty damn impressive so I don't agree with that statement.

I'd pick Saffron City and Hyrule Castle for stages from the first Smash.

That said I'm not a big fan of the 64 stages so I'd be content with not having any of them.

supermariofan said:
I hope we get some N64 stages

I'd like n64 stages too if you don't mind

why the ---- weren't they reused now?

Back