• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
That One Weird Dude Who Plays Mario And Eats Burgers All Day said:
Did they specifically say it was definitely exclusive to 3DS? There are some stages that are on both, and since PM has been on both consoles and handhelds it could be the case here.

Until they say otherwise I'm going to assume its 3ds only.

GalacticPetey said:
Lumastar said:
GalacticPetey said:
Watch Paper Mario get revealed tomorrow.

As an assist trophy.
Paper Mario is in that position where he makes sense as a playable character but not as an Assist Trophy.
Takamaru, Isaac, Ray, Goroh, Tingle, Dark Samus, Dillon all could've made sense as characters but they were made into assist trophies.

Animal Crossing got a stage in Brawl but no Animal Crossing character.
wha

Magikrazy said:
Paper Mario stage? Awesome.

I think Paper Mario has a better chance now.

Not really. There have been plenty of stages from series that had no characters to go along with them.

Mcmadness said:
Magikrazy said:
Paper Mario stage? Awesome.

I think Paper Mario has a better chance now.

Not really. There have been plenty of stages from series that had no characters to go along with them.

He does have at least a slightly better chance. Most of the stages have had Newcomers even if there are a few that have not and most likely will not have one (Ex: Nintendogs and Balloon Fight). I used to think the same way about Rosalina back in November when the Galaxy stage was revealed as well as the Unlockable Character in Super Mario 3D World thing was announced. And next month, Rosalina was revealed as a character. So it's not impossible for Paper Mario at this point. That said I'm definitely not certain that he will be playable. The new stage reveal definitely makes him more of a possibility then he was before.

If they do decide to use a Paper Mario rep for this game (I do not see it happening in this game), I hope it's not Paper Mario or one of the other three heroes because that would be, in my honest opinion, a disappointment. Unfortunately, the vast majority of all the suitable Paper Mario reps are one-offs and aren't the main character of their respective series. I'd honestly be fine if the Paper Mario series or M&L series never got/get a rep, but get a few Assist Trophies, Trophies, stages, stickers, etc. And this is coming from someone who thinks the M&L games is the best Mario series.

So I just saw this, a video of someone noting that, back in the Super Smash Bros. Direct, there might have been a small hint at a boss on the Palutena's Temple stage:

...Maybe it's Dark Pit? Though having him as a boss would seem strange, considering he's not that big, and Palutena's Temple is enormous. Perhaps Twinbellows, Pandora, or Thanatos?

Also, Paper Mario stage, awesome! Glad they had a Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door part to balance out the Sticker Star part (REALLY did not care for that game).

As for Paper Mario being a fighter, I was kind of against it before, since I didn't like the idea of characters literally fighting themselves, but since Zero Suit Samus and Samus are two separate characters, I guess I'm more open about it... but I don't think this increases Paper Mario's chances. Remember in the last game, there was an Animal Crossing, PictoChat, and Electroplankton stage with no characters to represent them.

Smashgoom202 said:
As for Paper Mario being a fighter, I was kind of against it before, since I didn't like the idea of characters literally fighting themselves, but since Zero Suit Samus and Samus are two separate characters, I guess I'm more open about it... but I don't think this increases Paper Mario's chances. Remember in the last game, there was an Animal Crossing, PictoChat, and Electroplankton stage with no characters to represent them.
You must be one of those people who don't appreciate when their friends play the same character they do.

Roserade the Real Bombchu said:
Smashgoom202 said:
You must be one of those people who don't appreciate when their friends play the same character they do.
I'm a might annoyed when that happens, but I don't object to it or anything.

Smashgoom202 said:
Who could represent PictoChat though?

Duskull said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Who could represent PictoChat though?
A DS

Smashgoom202 said:
Roserade the Real Bombchu said:
Smashgoom202 said:
I'm a might annoyed when that happens, but I don't object to it or anything.

I don't see why that's even a little annoying. Some people might just have the same characters they like to play as and just see who's better at the same character. Ditto matches.

Northern Verve said:
I don't see why that's even a little annoying. Some people might just have the same characters they like to play as and just see who's better at the same character. Ditto matches.
It's a me thing; I like to think Super Smash Bros. is this place where these characters are actually fighting each other. The illusion is kind of ruined when there's two of essentially the same character, like Dr. Mario and even Young Link.

Smashgoom202 said:
Northern Verve said:
It's a me thing; I like to think Super Smash Bros. is this place where these characters are actually fighting each other. The illusion is kind of ruined when there's two of essentially the same character, like Dr. Mario and even Young Link.

Oh don't get me wrong. Dr. Mario is my least favorite inclusion in the entire series (Kinda had a bit of a rant on it in this thread) but talking about players playing the same characters as in actually the same characters but with different color palettes. It's just to prove which player is better at playing whatever character they both like to play as.

The reason Dr. Mario was added is because Sakurai wanted clones in Melee to increase the roster. Young Link was actually added because Sakurai wanted both an adult and child Link in the game. Also, Paper Mario would make sense fighting Mario since the former is implied to exist in books. The stories of the Paper Mario games are actually the plots of books. For proof of this, look at the book Neville is reading in Luigi's Mansion. It is called Mario's Story, the Japanese name of Paper Mario in Japan.

Northern Verve said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Northern Verve said:

Oh don't get me wrong. Dr. Mario is my least favorite inclusion in the entire series (Kinda had a bit of a rant on it in this thread) but talking about players playing the same characters as in actually the same characters but with different color palettes. It's just to prove which player is better at playing whatever character they both like to play as.
I get that, and it's not a problem at all, it's just an incredibly minor gripe of mine, so minor it doesn't even really register as that much of an annoyance. I would PREFER to use different characters, but it honestly doesn't matter.

The ironic thing about Dr. Mario is that he's actually better then regular Mario. one of his trophies claims he's a bit slower then regular Mario, but he's not, really. In essence, he's Mario, but more powerful and a slightly different neutral special move.

...Incidentally, I read a "leak" that said Dr. Mario was coming back... And Dark Pit is playable. They are both clones/semi-clones like Lucina. Of course, these "leaks" also said the Ice Climbers will/might be cut so I called BS on them.

Smashgoom202 said:
Northern Verve said:

DONT DIS THE ELECTRIC MARIO

daily-jp.jpg

[FAKE CAPTION:] Pic of the day. The Galaga Boss has captured Donkey Kong! There are two at a time, and they change color when you attack them, just like in Galaga. Due to the competitive nature of Smash Bros, you won't gain the victim's help if you save them.

ah yes, live sacrifices being a huge part of Animal Crossing totally explains why the villagers are so happy

Pic of the day. If you get caught in the Boss Galaga item's tractor beam, it will carry you away to the top of the screen. You can shoot it down, but it won't join you in battle for double the firepower.

Lol, pretty accurate Gutseh. But not quite.

They're really slow on the Miiverse updates...

Meh, I'll give this a .5 because it's not something new since we've seen this multiple times, but it's nice to see confirmation. 2.5/3 for the week isn't too bad.

Back