• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
GalacticPetey said:
Oh cool, a Paper Mario stage. Not sure why it's not on the Wii U version.
Maybe because there hasn't been one for the Wii U? Nintendo Logic right dere

There hasn't been a Metroid on the Wii U and we have a Metroid stage. If it was just a Sticket Star stage, that would make sense as a 3DS exclusive. The 3DS is supposed to have more stages based on handheld games while the Wii U version is supposed to have more stages from console games. The fact that it looks like this stage will have elements from all Paper Mario games is a little weird.

GalacticPetey said:
Oh cool, a Paper Mario stage. Not sure why it's not on the Wii U version.
If Paper Mario is playable, we will probably get a different Paper Mario stage on the Wii U. I guess that it would only have one constant layout. My money is on either the Theatre or Glitz Pit from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

Pic of the day. In general, there are completely different stages in the 3DS and Wii U version, but we made Wily Castle and the special boxing ring available for both versions! We didn't forget the Yellow Devil either. There may be some small differences in the stages, such as the 3DS stage appearing to be during daylight hours.
Might be one of those.

Ninelevendo said:
Pic of the day. In general, there are completely different stages in the 3DS and Wii U version, but we made Wily Castle and the special boxing ring available for both versions! We didn't forget the Yellow Devil either. There may be some small differences in the stages, such as the 3DS stage appearing to be during daylight hours.
Might be one of those.
As much as I love this stage, I hope that the Wii U version gets a unique Mario RPG stage (Paper Mario or not).

Lumastar said:
GalacticPetey said:
Watch Paper Mario get revealed tomorrow.

As an assist trophy.
Paper Mario is in that position where he makes sense as a playable character but not as an Assist Trophy.
Takamaru, Isaac, Ray, Goroh, Tingle, Dark Samus, Dillon all could've made sense as characters but they were made into assist trophies.

Animal Crossing got a stage in Brawl but no Animal Crossing character.

GalacticPetey said:
Lumastar said:
GalacticPetey said:
Watch Paper Mario get revealed tomorrow.

As an assist trophy.
Paper Mario is in that position where he makes sense as a playable character but not as an Assist Trophy.
Takamaru, Isaac, Ray, Goroh, Tingle, Dark Samus, Dillon all could've made sense as characters but they were made into assist trophies.

Animal Crossing got a stage in Brawl but no Animal Crossing character.
The characters you mentioned could work as both playable characters and Assist Trophies. I can only see Paper Mario as a playable character.

I could see the Paper Mario series following the Animal Crossing series's footsteps. It starts off with trophies (and stickers). It gets a stage in the next game along with more trophies (and stickers). In the game after that it gets a playable character.

i don't really see why we'd need paper mario as a playable character. i mean, maybe an alternate costume for mario or something, but not a playable character.

Hilary Briss said:
i don't really see why we'd need paper mario as a playable character. i mean, maybe an alternate costume for mario or something, but not a playable character.
Paper Mario has the potential for a unique moveset and would be the best character to represent the Mario RPGs. Having him as an alternate costume would not be proper treatment.

*regains his consciousness* okay guys let's hope Sakurai knows what he's doing.

A mario RPG rep has to be well executed, and not a clone like Dr. Mario, young link or pichu (what was he thinking?)

Paper Mario would have his own move set, if he didn't, al least he'd be like Toon Link. But the chances of having a unique move set for him are much better and would make more sense. Him as clone wouldn't actually work. People say he would be a clone purely because they don't want him in. But in all honestly, his chances and fan base are smaller than Ridleys.

GalacticPetey said:
I honestly don't know why people complain about clones.
Some clones are cool, others suck. And to many have been rubbish and boring that no one likes them anymore.

If PM was a clone (which wouldn't make any sense), he'd be like Toon Link in that regard. As well as his representation in Smash as a character, meaning he'd be in the Mario series.

This reveal is very upsetting. Paper Mario deserves nothing for being the worst part of the Mario franchise by far.

Ninelevendo said:
3D Player 2004 said:
This reveal is very upsetting. Paper Mario deserves nothing for being the worst part of the Mario franchise by far.
You haven't played TTYD, have you?

Lumastar said:
He played Super Paper Mario, but that's it. He says that he watched Let's Plays of some of them and that they don't seem interesting.

Lumastar said:
Hilary Briss said:
Paper Mario has the potential for a unique moveset and would be the best character to represent the Mario RPGs. Having him as an alternate costume would not be proper treatment.

1.One could make the argument that many, MANY, things have that potential. I don't want Paper Mario because ultimately he is still Mario.

2.I'd argue the Mario from M&L would be better since that series is more consistent in quality.

Mcmadness said:
Lumastar said:
Hilary Briss said:

1.One could make the argument that many, MANY, things have that potential. I don't want Paper Mario because ultimately he is still Mario.

2.I'd argue the Mario from M&L would be better since that series is more consistent in quality.

Quality of the games don't particularly mean much, but the reason behind Paper Mario instread of M&L Mario is because the art style actually gives him a different theme, not just Mario with a different look. (Altough that's really all he is, but the "paper" aspect is the difference.)

Ninelevendo said:
3D Player 2004 said:
I just remembered, I once played out the first Chapter of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door at one of my friends houses back 3 years ago. It was a terrible experience.

3D Player 2004 said:
Ninelevendo said:
3D Player 2004 said:
I just remembered, I once played out the first Chapter of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door at one of my friends houses back 3 years ago. It was a terrible experience.
Into's aren't generally great unless you're actually going to make use of it and play the game through by yourself. If it's the gameplay you're talking about, RPG's need time and strategy, something you can't particularly do at a friends house.

Back