• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Ira Gamagoori said:
Three is way too many to reveal at once for a non-E3 event when E3 is right around the corner. I say two at most, with one of them being Palutena since she was "supposedly leaked" a while ago. I think it might mainly focus on the way battling works/the mechanics this time around, character movesets, and maybe their final smashes. New stages and items would be welcome though.
Hmm, I suppose you are right about that, but even so, assuming the game releases either winter or fall this year, that isn't that much time to reveal newcomers and we only have five right now.

The reason we might not have seen Captain Falcon or Jigglypuff is because they're likely unlockable characters. Which means he might not show off unlockable characters to us before it's released, or at least a lot of them.

Though that's just an assumption I'm making.

Crackin355 said:
The reason we might not have seen Captain Falcon or Jigglypuff is because they're likely unlockable characters. Which means he might not show off unlockable characters to us before it's released, or at least a lot of them.

That reason is rather pointless though, since even if Sakurai reveals any new characters, that does NOT mean that they're immediately treated as starters.

MnSG said:
Crackin355 said:

That reason is rather pointless though, since even if Sakurai reveals any new characters, that does NOT mean that they're immediately treated as starters.
Hence the "or at least a lot of them". The characters we've seen aren't guaranteed to be starters, but that doesn't mean he won't hide most of the unlockable characters. He did say he didn't want to let all the information about the game out like he did with Brawl and the Smash Dojo.
Crackin355 said:

>checks back into forum regularly for first time in a bit

>first things I see: someone plays the autism card while backpedaling

>/again/

You get three guesses as to why this drives me right up the wall.

That said: while we're talking unlockables, I recall Luigi being an unlockable previously, so what's to say that might not be the case here, that we're being shown characters who won't be usable off the bat?

And they've had good track records with reveals so far, I nearly died seeing Mega Man and Little Mac revealed (the former is especially funny since me and my little brother had our little Smash Bros.-type fan projects, and he loves Megaman so much). I'm hoping they do several reveals in the upcoming Direct, the hype must go on.

Lord G. Matters said:
>checks back into forum regularly for first time in a bit

>first things I see: someone plays the autism card while backpedaling

>/again/

You get three guesses as to why this drives me right up the wall.

Wrong topic? I don't remember someone saying they're autistic in the smash bros thread.

Somebody pulled the autistic card in chat as well. :/ Could be the same person.

That being said, I'm waiting patiently for April 8, unlike most you guys.

Depends if it's a trap or spell card.

I really don't know what to expect. I mean, if they're going to dedicate a whole Nintendo Direct to Smash Bros, it's obvious they're going to reveal something huge, like a new mode or something like that, and I think it's obvious we'll get yet another newcomer this Tuesday. I'll try to avoid all the information. I mean, I know I'll know everything eventually, but I don't want to see it. No footage, no videos or anything like that.

Anser said:
I really don't know what to expect. I mean, if they're going to dedicate a whole Nintendo Direct to Smash Bros, it's obvious they're going to reveal something huge, like a new mode or something like that, and I think it's obvious we'll get yet another newcomer this Tuesday. I'll try to avoid all the information. I mean, I know I'll know everything eventually, but I don't want to see it. No footage, no videos or anything like that.

better run and hide then

that crap is gonna be everywhere, especially here.

Even if you avoid this child board, no doubt that avatars and signatures related to this reveal are going to crop up.

I'll have to run for the hills, I guess. It's just like with Mario Kart 8. I know most of the things that have been revealed this week, but I haven't seen them, and I don't want to. I want it all to surprise me when I finally get my hands on the game.

Nick Fury said:
Metroid assist shown day before direct?

Ridley confirmed.
Haha, I hope so.

But I'm glad this is back. It was a coll assist trophy, and it was funny when it would attach to your friends. Always good laughs.

Back