• Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Norbert said:
i also don't care much about stages such as final destination and battlefield

In my opinion, I think they're lame and boring stages

But don't mind me: I play Giant Melee, 2.0 ratio, 17 minutes timed, teams with team attack on, -2 SD system, 4 players with computers usually, with many explosive items, on the least competitively viable stages. So yeah that is my idea of fun

I think stage hazards/gimmicks are ok if they aren't overcentralizing, such as the acid from Brinstar or the water from Delfino. Acid in Brinstar helps those with bad recoveries (LOL LINK), and the water can be used in many helpful ways, such as recovering or removing the risk of dying yourself from attempting to spike someone, like with Ness/Ike/DK's Down Air.

Although the ones that are ridiculously powerful (such as Mario Bros. enemies or Spear Pillar) are a big no-no.

Norbert said:
i don't mind some stage hazards. i also don't care much about stages such as final destination and battlefield
I liked the music and background of Final Destination, and it's one of few courses my brother will battle on

Baby Luigi said:
Norbert said:

But don't mind me: I play Giant Melee, 2.0 ratio, 17 minutes timed, teams with team attack on, -2 SD system, 4 players with computers usually, with many explosive items, on the least competitively viable stages. So yeah that is my idea of fun
NO ITEMS
FOX ONLY
FINAL DESTINATION

The Doctor said:
Baby Luigi said:
Norbert said:

NO ITEMS
FOX ONLY
FINAL DESTINATION

That sounds like the dictionary definition of boring

Besides, I battle 3 other giant Peachs here in a regular basis

The Doctor said:
Baby Luigi said:
Norbert said:

NO ITEMS
FOX ONLY
FINAL DESTINATION
The year is 20XX....

No. The problem is that they spawn at random and give players who don't deserve to win a cheap win. Items like the timer and starman are broken and take the fun away from a fair match.

Ganondorf said:
No. The problem is that they spawn at random and give players who don't deserve to win a cheap win. Items like the timer and starman are broken and take the fun away from a fair match.

Make a match where Smart Bombs and Blast Boxes are high so frequent encounters with them aren't luck-based at all

Baby Luigi said:
Norbert said:

my opinion exactly. i also find fountain of dreams, lylat cruise, and smashville to be boring

I used to like items but nowadays I find them to be pretty stupid

however stage hazards are freaking awesome

Best match I've done with items was a stamina flower brawl with only healing items.

Stage hazards are hilarious

Ganondorf said:
If they don't deserve to win, you still should be better enough to beat them with items on.

and you can take off particular items.

and it's completely fair if everyone has access to them. It just makes it more fun!

ITEMS
BATTLEFIELD
KIRBY

best combo lol

competitive smash players are hilarious

they whine and moan all about their skill and fd being the best stage

and then they cant even learn to do shield reflects to items or air item grab either

New Super Mario said:
Ganondorf said:
If they don't deserve to win, you still should be better enough to beat them with items on.

and it's completely fair if everyone has access to them. It just makes it more fun!

ITEMS
BATTLEFIELD
KIRBY

best combo lol
Think of it like this. I challenge you to a fist fight. Tomorrow at eight. We both show up and i pull out a gun. That's not very fair, now is it?

Ganondorf said:
New Super Mario said:
Ganondorf said:

ITEMS
BATTLEFIELD
KIRBY

best combo lol
Think of it like this. I challenge you to a fist fight. Tomorrow at eight. We both show up and i pull out a gun. That's not very fair, now is it?

implying fights are about anything fair

Princess Zae said:
competitive smash players are hilarious

they whine and moan all about their skill and fd being the best stage

and then they cant even learn to do shield reflects to items or air item grab either
amen to that.

I've been wondering about something. If Giga Bowser returns, I had the following in mind...

Giga Bowser returns as a separate entity, but unlike in Super Smash Bros. Melee, players are able to play as Giga Bowser. However, Giga Bowser can only be used in the Training and Special Brawl game modes; for all the other game modes, Giga Bowser can't be used at all.

I don't know, I enjoy watching someone utilize a character well rather than utilize items well. Everyone is allowed to play how they want, so I don't see the reason to badmouth those that play differently or say that they should be able to cope with items when you don't really understand how the other side plays yourself. Same can be said for competitive players talking down those that play with items on. Every competition has rules, you don't start a soccer final then cut off the goalies legs with a machete, that's against the rules... also really mean... and painful?

I don't play competitively but I enjoy playing with no items on. I also enjoy the 'boring' stages like final destination and anything that is mostly flat with or without platforms. Halberd is nice, my favourite stage. If I could turn off the hand, bomb and beam thing I would.

Back